Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Money tips

Money tips

I'm finding it a challenge buying $15000 equipment every couple levels. I'm currently level 24, and still can't afford the pizza oven. I still have to get the jewellery shop and juicer on top of that.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by goodsnyummies View Post
    I'm finding it a challenge buying $15000 equipment every couple levels. I'm currently level 24, and still can't afford the pizza oven. I still have to get the jewellery shop and juicer on top of that.
    Buy cheap, sell expensive...

I cook stews, truffle pizzas... By the way the pizza oven is quite useless without the hogs and the truffle farm from my point of view... A nice decor only

I'm earning about 180.000 coins / week without effort...

Rhino Keeper
    Hi! We are in the same boat! I am struggling also. I am level 19 at the moment. I just spent over 2 days saving up for my Studio. (And now it has to build almost an entire day before I can even use it... UGH.)

I have all of my crafting buildings going every waking hour of the day.
    I fulfill every delivery possible. I reject the ones that are too hard. I buy or craft the missing items I need to complete the ones that are doable.
    Sometimes I sell my precious expansion items and building items just to give myself a coin boost.
    I try to buy things I see cheap and resell them higher.

But even doing all of those things, saving money is sooooo hard.

I want to buy some orange trees and a second chicken coop and a second dairy and more apple/cocoa trees but I can barely even save a few thousand $. Sometimes I will get a few thousand $ saved and I'll see some magical items in the Newspaper like 5 expansion permits or something, or building parts, and then I blow it all and I'm back to almost $0 again.

I keep wondering if I should maybe focus on a few particular items to craft in bulk and sell. Some items sell really, really well. ie the items that take longer to craft. Sometimes I end up discarding things like wheat and eggs from my shop just to make room for more desirable items.

The stupid airplane always seems to know exactly what items I *don't* have on hand, and those are the items it asks me for.

This game REALLY wants to frustrate us into spending real money.

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by polispol View Post
    Buy cheap, sell expensive...

I cook stews, truffle pizzas... By the way the pizza oven is quite useless without the hogs and the truffle farm from my point of view... A nice decor only

I'm earning about 180.000 coins / week without effort...
    Thanks for the advice! I've tried it a couple times, but then my market gets filled up waiting for things to sell. But I'll keep at it, thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Aernak View Post
    Hi! We are in the same boat! I am struggling also. I am level 19 at the moment. I just spent over 2 days saving up for my Studio. (And now it has to build almost an entire day before I can even use it... UGH.)

I fulfill every delivery possible. I reject the ones that are too hard. I buy or craft the missing items I need to complete the ones that are doable.
    Sometimes I sell my precious expansion items and building items just to give myself a coin boost.

I want to buy some orange trees and a second chicken coop and a second dairy and more apple/cocoa trees but I can barely even save a few thousand $. Sometimes I will get a few thousand $ saved and I'll see some magical items in the Newspaper like 5 expansion permits or something, or building parts, and then I blow it all and I'm back to almost $0 again.

I keep wondering if I should maybe focus on a few particular items to craft in bulk and sell. Some items sell really, really well. ie the items that take longer to craft. Sometimes I end up discarding things like wheat and eggs from my shop just to make room for more desirable items.

The stupid airplane always seems to know exactly what items I *don't* have on hand, and those are the items it asks me for.

Sigh.
    So happy to hear I'm not the only one lol

Executive Chef

Sigh.
    This is exactly why I gave up on this game. The constant struggle to earn money makes this game no fun at all. If we wanted to stress over money, we wouldn't be playing video games that are supposed to be fun and relaxing.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuteTali View Post
    This is exactly why I gave up on this game. The constant struggle to earn money makes this game no fun at all. If we wanted to stress over money, we wouldn't be playing video games that are supposed to be fun and relaxing.
    No kidding. :P

I really hate the shop system. I have had 6 of 7 of the same items sitting for sale in my shop for hours and hours now. I think i need to just stop planting tomatoes because nobody ever buys them. Nobody really buys flax either. I have found flour to be a very good seller and its quick to make.

It should not take 3 days of round the clock playing (not to mention selling many of my expansion permits *sob*) to save enough money for 1 crafting building (ie the studio).

Executive Chef
    No kidding. :P

I really hate the shop system. I have had 6 of 7 of the same items sitting for sale in my shop for hours and hours now. I think i need to just stop planting tomatoes because nobody ever buys them. Nobody really buys flax either. I have found flour to be a very good seller and its quick to make.

It should not take 3 days of round the clock playing (not to mention selling many of my expansion permits *sob*) to save enough money for 1 crafting building (ie the studio).
    If no actual real people buy your stuff, then Stormie will buy it after a week, so I put up stuff for sale, log back in after a week and viola! all my stuff have sold! This game just doesn't make enough money to play it every day and it's too stressful always being out of coins, so I found this to be the best for me.

Rhino Keeper
    Best advice I can give is expand your shop to full capacity.....make that your number 1 priority. The more items you have in your shop will put you at the top of your neighbors list when they go to check out the side shops......the neighbors with the lowest amount of items will be at the bottom of the list, or not on that list at all. Only 99 neighbors show up in the side shop list so if you only have 3 slots to sell from and all the other neighbors have 12 slots they will be first in line.
    Next step is go visit farms and help them out by swiping the hearts. This will boost your social rating and that will bring more visitors to your farm and potential sales. While you visit these farms invite them to be your neighbor.....use the quick invite if they have it or post a comment on their wall and invite them. The more neighbors you have increases your odds of selling more items.
    That's the best advice I can give. Other than that.....don't send out deliveries and level up if you don't have the money to buy the new stuff. There's plenty of time to get to the higher levels. If the game wasn't challenging it wouldn't be fun. Take your time and try these steps and you will be rolling in cash.
    Expand your shop, make as many neighbors as you can and keep your social rating at 4 full hearts and I guarantee you will start having success.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by CuteTali View Post
    If no actual real people buy your stuff, then Stormie will buy it after a week, so I put up stuff for sale, log back in after a week and viola! all my stuff have sold! This game just doesn't make enough money to play it every day and it's too stressful always being out of coins, so I found this to be the best for me.
    That is not true, items are sold after 24h only, not a week. And you can promote items twice q day...

Cooking 10 stews takes 450min, 7h and a half. They can be sold for 2415 coins (7200 coins a day) so earning 42.000 coins a week is quite possible...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast