Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Money tips

Rhino Keeper
    1. STOP making plane deliveries. You lose money by doing so. You can resume once you've saved enough.
    2. Sell lower. I have seen stuff stay for days in neighbours'side shops because they sell at the maximum price. Where as i have trouble completing my twelve slots because people buy my stuff sold at either market price or lower price. I earn 40 to 50k a day. Put yourself in the shoes of buyers. When you see two products at the same time which this game loves to do, you'd buy the cheaper one right?
    3. Bestsellers are bread, cheese, flour, cream, feeds, dark choco, fish, flax and sugar cane

P.S. stew is so commonly sold that it is an item that stays for hours in my shop. I hate selling it.

Rhino Keeper
    Hmm, I disagree with a lot of this, but my experience is like neurotika's. I actually think you can earn more coins by selling things under max price. If you try to sell at max price then it can sit in your shop unsold. If you sell cheaper then they can sell quickly.

I also find flax sells well, I actually buy quite a lot myself. I also buy anything made in the windmill, chocolate, sugar and butter.

It does help massively if you open up more slots in you shop.

I find the pizza oven OK but wouldn't bother with the jewellers. Sometimes the made item is only a little bit more expensive than buying the ingredients.

Anyway there are a few threads where posters have gone put in a lot of advice which are very useful.

Also this is a slow game in my opinion, so can be very frustrating! There comes a point when earning coins isn't the problem - gaining xp is!
    Last edited by yppahc; 01-24-15 at 09:07 AM.

Thanks everyone for your replies/help!!

Rhino Keeper
    I sell all my items for maximum price and I can't hardly keep items in my shop to keep it full because I keep running out of stuff to sell. It's all about having people to sell items to.
    If you have zero neighbors/friends in the game then no one will even see your stuff for sale unless it's in the newspaper. The more neighbors you have the better your chances of selling items. The more slots you have in your shop increases the odds even more by putting you at the top of your neighbor's lists. If your at the bottom of their list your items may never be seen by them.
    Best 2 things to do is make neighbors and fully expand your shop as quickly as you can. I'm at level 52 currently and have 686 neighbors and $1,068,496. I wish I woulda followed this advice when starting out.....I'd have way more money than I do right now. You also have to expand barn and silo space to have the room to stock up on items to sell as well.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by neurotika View Post
    1. STOP making plane deliveries. You lose money by doing so. You can resume once you've saved enough.
    I don't think I agree with this. I am saving up for my first pet (the dark corgi) and I have made good money from the plane.

For starters, I have gotten all of my expansion permits from the plane. Nobody ever sells these. If I relied only on the shop, I would have zero and would have never expanded. Same with shovels - nobody ever sells these. I rely heavily on the plane to get shovels. Without expansions and shovels, how can I expand and build more crafting buildings and earn more money?

Also, all of the extra maps, deeds, bricks, and boards I get from plane deliveries also sell for more coins. I have found the plane to be quite profitable. Last night I was checking out my inventory and I had 5 permits and 20 each of the maps and deeds. I sold some of the surplus maps and deeds and made some great money. I know some people will say it's not wise to sell the maps and deeds, but when you have 1/4 of the permits compared to maps and deeds, the maps and deeds do you no good anyways.

Also, a lot of the deliveries are from stuff I already have lying around, so it doesn't cost me anything at all to send them. It's all profit. And if I only need 1 item, and I can buy it cheap in the newspaper, I can still make a profit, too.

Plus relying on the shop alone is way too slow. Sometimes all of my items are just sitting in the shop, and the plane is something to make money while I am waiting for my items to sell.

2. Sell lower. I have seen stuff stay for days in neighbours'side shops because they sell at the maximum price. Where as i have trouble completing my twelve slots because people buy my stuff sold at either market price or lower price. I earn 40 to 50k a day. Put yourself in the shoes of buyers. When you see two products at the same time which this game loves to do, you'd buy the cheaper one right?
    I absolutely agree with this. I always bump my prices down from the market price, unless it's a fast/hot seller like flour, fish, sugar, sugarcane, etc.

3. Bestsellers are bread, cheese, flour, cream, feeds, dark choco, fish, flax and sugar cane
    I agree with all of these, and also buttons, scarves, baked potatoes, and apple pies

P.S. stew is so commonly sold that it is an item that stays for hours in my shop. I hate selling it.
    I just unlocked stew, so I don't have a lot of experience trying to sell it yet, but I HATE trying to sell those stuffed cheesy peppers. Even if I bump them down to like 95 coins which is WAY below market value, they just sit there. UGH. Also, tomatoes, milk and eggs always sit there forever and I end up just getting impatient and discarding them. LOL.
    Last edited by Aernak; 01-29-15 at 09:23 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12