Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you prefer 'Bakery-related' updates or 'Fantasy' updates?

Bakery

Bakery for me. I wish that decor items integrated more color-wise and design-wise. I feel like in RS you have more freedom to mix and match but the items in BS at times can be hard to mix together.
    "A party without cake is just a meeting." - Julia Child

(^-^)_ ♡ ~~Not adding neighbors at this time!~~ (ू ੭?͈ω?͈)੭。.゚♡

Executive Chef
    To be honest it's all fantasy. Because I know portions are large but in which universe does one eat a cupcake that's larger than their head? I want outrageous bakery items. A mixture of bakery and fantasy. Ice cream homes. Fountains made out of tea cups. A carousel made with candy. A gum drop house. Chairs made out of marshmallows. Donut tables. Candy cane dividers. You get my point.

They aren't in real bakeries but are real food items dolled up to look pretty in our shops. Just leave the stupid dragons sitting on coins for dragon story. Which oddly enough, we have nothing like that over there. Go figure!

Rhino Keeper
    Fantasy, but within reason. I'm no going to have a moon landing in my outdoor area, but I might set up a park area, or play area for kids, or... Part of my shop is bakery, but then I like to divide up the rest and get creative with the decorations!

Rhino Keeper
    Bakery. Or at the very least related to sweets.

And if it's something that belongs in or depicts the outdoors, I am not buying it, unless it's for a goal.

I agree that having a big old cake every week would be boring. (I never get the big old cakes, either. My bakery is probably boring to some people. ) But as orleansparish says, there are lots of bakery/sweets stuff that could be offered if there were more outside-the-box thinking. And there's threads on here with tons and tons of dessert suggestions.
    Last edited by sally_brown; 01-22-15 at 08:19 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Like both, but prefer Bakery theme more.

Although bakery related stuff is quite limited, but they can be in different designs and colours,
    e.g. counters in arc shape so that we can put them together to form a circular display area,
    e.g. the coffee theme stuffs can come in light colours so that we can have a cafe in different mode and style.

However, Fantasy stuff are also good for creating a theme area in the cafe.

Rhino Keeper
    I don't mind the fantasy stuff for celebration or occasions like Halloween or Easter.

Really like the idea of stuff in different shape so we can be creative. I've seen lots of clever heart shape table arrangements - there's lots of scope for this idea.

Rhino Keeper
    Bakery! Unless I could afford to expand, then I'd have more room to incorporate another "section" which wouldn't have to go with everything else perfectly. Some outdoor stuff I don't mind and it's cute, bakeries could surely have a patio haha. I don't know if I've ever displayed a fantasy item.. Hmm..

I also agree with orleansparish!
    Last edited by NoWayCupcake; 01-23-15 at 07:12 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    As long as it has to do with some kind of food like cupcake ice sculpture or sugar dresses.But I like a coffee or candy theme too and I wouldn't mind the fantasy themes if they gave us lots of items to fill bakery up with, and tile and wallpaper.

Of course bakery & cafe! Thats the game we are playing right?

And I dont agree about all places looking the same, that just happens when we dont have a lot of options. If in a year we only have 2 or 3 bakery related updates, of course we all are going to put out the barista, baker's square or the coffee goals items. But if we start receiving more floor decor actually related to the theme of the game, we are going to have more options to mix and match and make our store unique!
    Waiting for goals at FS since 2013

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast