Thread: Mining TIPS ?

Fashion Designer

Mining TIPS ?

1) Where can I find instructions about how to use the mine?? I realize how to use the pick and shovel, but what about the compass, magnifying glass, & dynamite?
    2) I clicked on magnifying glass but didn't get to use it. However, something I did caused my 3 attempts to diminish to 1 try left. ugh.
    3) My compass is used up. Will I only get 3 free tries for my entire game existence? Will I have to use gems from now on to buy all other times I want to use these things to find gems or is there another way?

Rhino Keeper
    honestly, i haven't found those tools useful at all. i used up my free ones already and i'd rather purchase tools and parts than those.
    1. dynamite- i used it on the hole that had very close. magnifying glass - i dragged it around and it stopped when it found a mineral.
    3. yes. its all about gems now.

Yep, I found them pretty useless also. Use the freebies and then forget about them.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi111 View Post
    1) Where can I find instructions about how to use the mine?? I realize how to use the pick and shovel, but what about the compass, magnifying glass, & dynamite?
    2) I clicked on magnifying glass but didn't get to use it. However, something I did caused my 3 attempts to diminish to 1 try left. ugh.
    3) My compass is used up. Will I only get 3 free tries for my entire game existence? Will I have to use gems from now on to buy all other times I want to use these things to find gems or is there another way?
    1) a. Magnifying glass: you use this to detect ore deposits. I recommend you use this by pressing close to a "near" or "very close"
    b. Compass: points in the general direction of ore deposits.
    c. Dynamite: detonate to reveal ore deposits. Again I recommend using this by pressing close to a "near" or "very close"
    To use any of the above you need to choose a pick or shovel then while mining press on the one you want to use (once) then tap on the area where you wish to use it.

2) I'm guessing that when you used the magnifying glass there was no ore in that area that would make it seem as though it didn't work.

3) yes unfortunately we only get three free tries with each. Don't worry though as many players don't use any of these and find ore ok without them.
    I would recommend saving your freebies for the time being anyway.... Perhaps for that tough train that needs ores or items made using ores. Or if you find yourself in a situation where you have only one hit left and your previous hit was a "near" or "very close"
    Keep in mind you only get 12 hits with each tool (shovel or pick) it's worth keeping track of so you don't accidentally spend gems you have been saving.
    Hope this is helpful
    Happy mining
    Happy farming
    Last edited by pundoggity; 01-21-15 at 08:45 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by pundoggity View Post
    1) a. Magnifying glass: you use this to detect ore deposits. I recommend you use this by pressing close to a "near" or "very close"
    b. Compass: points in the general direction of ore deposits.
    c. Dynamite: detonate to reveal ore deposits. Again I recommend using this by pressing close to a "near" or "very close"
    To use any of the above you need to choose a pick or shovel then while mining press on the one you want to use (once) then tap on the area where you wish to use it.

2) I'm guessing that when you used the magnifying glass there was no ore in that area that would make it seem as though it didn't work.

3) yes unfortunately we only get three free tries with each. Don't worry though as many players don't use any of these and find ore ok without them.
    I would recommend saving your freebies for the time being anyway.... Perhaps for that tough train that needs ores or items made using ores. Or if you find yourself in a situation where you have only one hit left and your previous hit was a "near" or "very close"
    Keep in mind you only get 12 hits with each tool (shovel or pick) it's worth keeping track of so you don't accidentally spend gems you have been saving.
    Hope this is helpful
    Happy mining
    Happy farming
    good to know... I didn't use the magnifying glass correctly, so I lost 2 of my 3 chances with that. Maybe the 3rd time will be a charm. I'll take your advise and just hack away with the pick ax : )