Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nugget #3 - Neighbors

Farm Supplier
    A new member here, I have been lurking for a while, and been playing CS since last November - so be gentle

Just thinking here. It may pay to have a King or Queendom name near the start of the alphabet. I should imagine someone with many neighbours may give up visiting kingdoms further down the list once they have obtained their daily quota of ten energy.

Quote Originally Posted by PraxisOfGood View Post
    I can confirm that is correct. Stormie ALWAYS answers, even if you are capped for the day.

Another neighbor-related issue, while the thread is revived, is how much you have to let neighbors buildings to gain a social level and how many hearts you lose per day. My neighbor policy is to drop anyone who gets down to zero stars, not because they are necessarily inactive but because they provably aren't petting my buildings as often as I'm petting theirs. But im assuming that it just takes a few minutes a day to maintain a one or two star rating here.
    Yes it would be great to know how much visiting neighbours affects your social standing. I always try and visit all my 40 odd neighbours each day.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by UnkelFester View Post
    A new member here, I have been lurking for a while, and been playing CS since last November - so be gentle

Just thinking here. It may pay to have a King or Queendom name near the start of the alphabet. I should imagine someone with many neighbours may give up visiting kingdoms further down the list once they have obtained their daily quota of ten energy.

Yes it would be great to know how much visiting neighbours affects your social standing. I always try and visit all my 40 odd neighbours each day.
    I have over 100 neighbors I try to make it through all the one with light hearts ...

Fashion Designer
    I have 219 and a lot of days I do not manage to even get half-way through. Some times I just manage to get the extra energy points, so a name can have an effect in visiting.

Fashion Designer
    If I may make a suggestion based on experience. I have seen what I call two stages in this game, the building stage and the mature stage.

Visiting for profit to your kingdom is extremely important when you first start playing. This would be the building stage. Having neighbors who reciprocate is is a primary reason to retain neighbors until your kingdom reaches the highest level AND you catch up with the main storyline to the point where you have no quest book most of the time. when you reach that point your kingdom transitions to the mature stage and the stratigies of play usually completely change.

I suggest that when you are in the building stage you visit often and if you do cull, it is a good strategy to cull inactive neighbors. You gain much from visiting at this stage and it can help you move more quickly toward the mature stage. I suggest that you befriend those who are also building their kingdoms. Visit mature kingdoms, but don't expect them to be interested in their social ranking because things change when your kingdom becomes mature. If you are building, even if you reach level 50, if you want to keep your meighbors to a controllable number I suggest limiting your neighbors to those whose reasons for visiting are also to maintain a high social rating Of course if you are less interested in keeping your number of neighbors down then by all means befriend anyone you wish, no matter their social ranking. That is what I did and I rapidly exceeded 500 neighbors. i knew, however, which ones wee more likely to be collecting from their coin buildings and to have a kingdom full of hearts when I needed the,. I also kept my collections in my kingdom current as well.

When a player reaches the mature stage the reasons for visiting are no longer profit driven. When you have many millions of coins that you will likely never spend there is little to no incentive to collect from coin buildings, and as a mature player I spend my energy only on those items, craft and resource, farming and building that drop the resources I still need, and my total number of hearts available for visitors is much less than those available when I had a smaller kingdom As I max out on items I stop collecting from buildings that drop items I no longer need, so my available hearts drops even further. when I visit my friends, many times I don't even look for their hearts because I am carrying on conversations, not looking to collect hearts. Or I might enjoy collecting hearts, but I visit purely for social reasons because my kingdom has matured to the point where I no longer gain game profit enough from visiting to spend my time collecting hearts. Most, but admitedly not all mature kingdom rulers visit their friends more often to chat than to collect hearts. Once you reach the mature level with your kingdom, social ranking becomes less important than neighborly loyalty because of the game dynamics. At the mature level it is more profitable in game terms to concentrate on collecting certain rare items such as Adamant, Magic Cement or Golden Apples to name a few as personal, not geme goals. Otherwise, with no ongoing quests to work on, even this awesome game gets extremely boring. As a player with a mature kingdom I rarely accept invitations from players who are at levels below 50 unless the leave a message on my wall that they are interested in being community friends because since I don't maintain my social level and I don't have many hearts compared to the number of daily visitors I have. I haven't checked my social raring in months. Some mature players do monitor their social rating and they do collect hearts because that is part of what they do to keep the boredom at bay. If, like me you don't cull neighbors, it is immaterial what stage your neighbors are in when you transition to the mature stage because if it is improtant to them, they will cull you if your social rating drops to zero.

It is important not to take being culled as a personal affront, because once you make good friends, unless you wish to send them gifts it won't matter if technically they are on your neighbor list once you reach the mature stage. Once your neighbors become friends and the main purpose of staying here is no longer to play the game because realistically the game moves forward at a snail's pace, you will likely find yourself setting personal goals and staying because of the community.

Until then, however, as others have posted their excellent suggestions for managing your neighbor list, if you remember that when building you will fare better for your effort if the majority of your neighbors are also building then you will rapidly progress and you will be able to maximize your time and effort by this mutual give and take scenerio. If you befriend me, you likely won't find many hearts because I have many visitors a day and the relatively few hearts that I produce are rapidly collected. I don't have the best kingdom to visit to maximize your gain. However, if you want a friend to chat with and don't need hearts every time you visit, I am probably a good kingdom to invite once you reach the mature stage. Otherwise I will likely decline your invitation because I assume you are peeking to see my crabable puppies or my crop maze. I can't help you with hearts on a regular basis. Not all mature kingdoms operate like I do, but many do. If you want to befriend a specific mature level 50 kingdom it might be wise to note this on their wall when you send the invite, because otherwise your invitation might be declined because they assume you want to peek. Unfortunately, it is an the nature of the game that in order to look at my kingdom by entering my S8 ID, you must invite me to become your neighbor.

So remember not to take it personally if you invite someone and they decline, or you are culled, or accidentally dropped, because the function of neighbors and friends in this game is dynamic and changes as your kingdom matures. Everyone has their own neighbor management system, and it works for them, but it is not a reflection on you or your suitability as a neighbor if you are dclined or culled. it is the nature of the game and is not something to take personally.

Hope this long post helps some people Good Luck!

Nightclub Owner
    Pfffuuuu 55lee55! Long post!!!

But yes, I have a mature Kingdom, and like you I don't visit my neighbors on a regular basis to drop hearts (I maintain my social rating at 2, it is quick and easy). I go for the the 10-energy bonus and I am done, so rarely hit more then +20 dominions a day, and I might use first arrived first served from the list.

On my Queendom (this account) I don't visit neighbors unless required and all with levels <30, as my poor old iPad will not support the load. So a different reason.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Nightclub Owner
    OK, I added a new section to the nugget. However I am missing the numbers:

+ Number of hearts to reach each level
    + decay rate per level (number of days)
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Quote Originally Posted by roguebee View Post
    And never ask Stormie until after you have collected your 20 for the day. He counts against your 20, but will be 21 if you already have 20 for the day.
    I'm pretty sure this is an urban legend. In the current timed goals toward getting the horse I've been sending out the request to all my neighbors at once every day. So far at the end of each day I've had 21/42/63/84 received. And then the next day the numbers start going up before I've had a chance to send my next request, so I can't believe Stormie has been exactly the 21st reply four days in a row.

In terms of the hearts for the social rating, does one heart mean the person is for sure playing? I've got a few players who really look like they've moved on (abandoned construction sites, perpetually no crops growing, no new stuff, none of the mines/mills/crafting buildings moving, staying on the same lower level for a month...) but then I notice some of them have a one-heart rating. So they are apparently playing??

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by totalwasteoftime View Post
    In terms of the hearts for the social rating, does one heart mean the person is for sure playing? I've got a few players who really look like they've moved on (abandoned construction sites, perpetually no crops growing, no new stuff, none of the mines/mills/crafting buildings moving, staying on the same lower level for a month...) but then I notice some of them have a one-heart rating. So they are apparently playing??
    It means they haven't logged on since they stopped playing. The hearts only reset to zero once they log on again after a period of inactivity. I have had neighbours with four hearts who have obviously stopped playing.

Nightclub Owner
    Useful feedbacks, I will write some addendum. Thanks!

Modified post #1!
    Last edited by ShibuyaCloth; 04-22-15 at 02:27 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast