Thread: Upgrade or second building?

Upgrade or second building?

The Game Guide shows the ability to have 2 of most buildings.

Which buildings would you buy a second of first? Which would you upgrade first?

I started late due to the annoyance of all the game advert popups over the holidays but am speeding right along. Trying to decide what to do first.

Yes, Spirit Wind, I read the entire Game Guide before posting!

that makes me very happy! Too funny! SW
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 01-16-15 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Added reply!

Executive Chef
    I got a second workshop and kitchen as soon as could afford the coins and supplies to build them. They are both very helpful to meeting the needs of the other goals. I just got a second farmers market a couple of days ago.

I have upgraded the tavern, cottages, and first farmers market. They didn't take much in the way of supplies. The mine and mill are still not upgraded, party because I have surplus stone and blocks due to a lack of paper to craft enchanted ones. I also am not in need of wood due to chopping for spiral wood and dryads breath (I think that's the one from trees...?) Thats also why I only have one of each so far.

If I had to pick one thing to do it would be a second kitchen. Those picnic baskets are time consuming!
    **HAPPY 2019**
    I am taking a break from all games now.
    Apologies to all neighbors and hope to see you again soon!

DS = Tuffyland (167) CS = Wiggly Valley (50) FFS = bunnyville (116)
    FS2 = Bailey's Acres (48) RS2 = Bob's Bistro (52) BS2 (34) ~~ DC:M (23)

Rhino Keeper
    I got a second workshop right away as well as the magic studio when I unlocked it. I had the watch tower for a while before I got a second & same with the enchanted well. I only recently (today) bought a second kitchen.. lol I don't notice things sometimes & didn't notice I could have another one! The farmersmarket, mine & mill are all level 3 as well as 1 watch tower but the other is level 2 along with one enchanted well, the other is still level 1...they sure take a lot to upgrade them!

I upgraded the mill & mine first to have a boost in collecting for challenges, you only get so much energy a day & I found they really bring in a lot. Since the farmers market is a decent source of revenue I upgraded that quickly too as you can never have enough coins in games
    Between the watch tower & two enchanted wells I'll upgrade the watch tower first since it gives more coins & doesn't have so many what I'll call 'high end' pieces needed for the last upgrade I also have the cottages & tavern always away in storage. They don't bring in enough to even justify an energy on them..and I think the tavern is hideous anyway so it's not missed at all lol
    Last edited by dll137; 01-14-15 at 11:21 PM.

Farm Supplier
    Kitchen. It helps with making all those pesky picnic baskets. I also have 2 workshops, mines, lumber mills, and watch towers. The magic shop would be a good one as well for quests. If I would have been smart, I would have got a second one to do the Beauty quests.
    ~Always looking for new neighbors in Dragon Story, Fantasy Story, Castle Story and Wonderland~

Rhino Keeper
    I would absolutely recommend adding a second kitchen and then another workshop, both really help move things along. I've upgraded most of the buildings and not really sure it adds as much value as a second one. I have added a second mine, farmer's market and tower as well. Since there aren't currently many goals I'm using the downtime to upgrade all the buildings and craft picnic baskets.
    Happy Home of Sparkles the Boar Not currently accepting new neighbors, thanks.

Rhino Keeper
    Resource buildings first and foremost for me. Always. That way when I build the second crafting building I don't have to scramble for materials for it or future buildings because I'm generally swimming in stuff by then.

Farmers markets are awesome and seem limitless on how many you can have. I have 8 I think and love them as they give me crops and flour/biscuits on occaision. Watchtowers I have 6 of currently and love because now I can use all my coal on bricks. They give me a few torches a day.
    Last edited by ryusei745; 01-16-15 at 01:28 PM.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I agree, the ability to craft is a priority. It was hard stopping doing goals for a couple of days, but I spent time getting 2 kitchens, workshops, mines, mills and studios. Bc of the rare drop of torches, I built a few watchtowers. Then I could go hard on my goals. Don't have 2 enchanted wells yet, but I'm sure it will be necessary at some point for the drop. So, that's next on my 'hit list'.

Executive Chef
    Lack of space is preventing me from buying second buildings. Getting the resources for compasses is taking me ages and I play several times a day.