Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Many Slots?

Executive Chef

How Many Slots?

I'm curious....
    How many slots in the Street Market would u recommend for someone to open? I just opened my 4th, repaired my garden and upgraded my Veggie Mkt, to 3 ( I thought I'd never collect 38,000 in coins). I sure wish I could transfer coins from RS to RS 2.
    Currently NOT ADDING NBRS SO PLZ DO NOT SEND INVITE
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel

Rhino Keeper
    I'm up to ten slots now. I don't regret it, although I also don't think there is a great need to go beyond nine. (For some reason, you jump from six to nine slots in a single upgrade, so that's a natural plateau.)

It seems to me that there are a lot of sensible upgrades competing for your toolbox resources, and which ones are more important seems to be a matter of personal taste. Your pantry needs to be large enough that you can hold all the ingredients for the food you want to cook, but not larger. You probably want to have expansion 5 ready for the seafood market and 8 for the fruit stand. I really appreciate having my VM and GS up to 4 ingredients, but some think that's a waste. Once you have a handle on all your short term goals and Cid keeps bringing you stuff, extra market stalls are better that just straight out deleting toolbox stuff.

Rhino Keeper
    Im 6 nails from my 18th slot.

frankly you don't really have much option. Pantry upgrade max out at 130 for some players while other players have over 200 pantry capacity. You start accumulating a lot of parts with limited coins, street market is the only thing you can upgrade.

I've already deleted a lot of parts, ESP blueprints, don't have the coins to expand, meanwhile they capped the pantry in my game (but not all players?) so I can choose to delete parts or upgrade market.

That said I do love my large market.

Executive Chef
    18? Whoa! And I thought I was something with the 7 I have. I just did another expansion, using 38 gems since I was coin short. I need four more maps to do my next. I can save for the chateau oven and order vanilla milkshake, crime br?l?e and whatever is on that oven but I don't want to be bothered to save up 390,000 coins. I could do it in a week or so but I can't sit with too much money for long. There is always something in want to buy.

I may buy my second salad bar. Work on expanding and then adding slots to my stand. It's the first thing I check now. Especially since Im always lobster, mushroom and salmon needy.

Rhino Keeper
    I know right? The coin requirements in upper levels is absurd.

I usually save my gems for last seeds.. I regularly get stuck waiting for the last seed for garden expansion for close to a week, meanwhile 29 seeds and 20 shovels sit in my toolbox taking up space. I just gem through the last seed. It happened every time, they just stop giving me seed when I'm one short.

Farm Supplier
    I survived on 3 slots until level 35. Then while I'm waiting for parts for other upgrades, I figured upgrading my street market wouldn't affect my progress (it needs like 5 out of the 40 nails I have, pffff) so now I have 5 slots at level 38.

Depending on your play style, upgrading the street market as a priority may work for you and it has definitely worked for other people here. $38k coins isn't unimaginable ;-) I remember making that much a day before hitting level 25... but then I had my veggie market upgraded to x4 before level 23. Things have been going very well for me since then.

Rhino Keeper
    To brag a little, a large market definitely comes in handy with a lot of perks. I know @McMug prioritized VM upgrade for items like peppers, mushrooms, onions.

Early in the game, I thought those items restock so slowly it makes sense to only use them for long duration dishes like tuna casserole, osso bucco, etc.

The reality of a large street market though, is that for a long time I had double digits (dozens!) mushrooms for weeks and I couldn't use them up fast enough. I also had double digits onions or peppers on alternate days. So I started making stuffed mushrooms, stuffed peppers, meat loaves etc to quickly use up these three 'rare' items.

Except I still sat on double digits excess. I actually had to delete mushrooms and onions on a few occaions to make enough room in my pantry to gather filler items (eggs etc) to start a dish.

Sooo, I have now switched to veggie pizza, mainly because I get more mushrooms, onions and peppers than I know what to do with. If I sign into my game intermittently thorough the day, the stove will be ready to start cooking again (only 15 minutes,,) and my market usually gives me enough 'rare' items so that how long they actually restock in the store is irrelevant.

As of right now I have 20,798 plates of veggie pizza on my counter. That's how much 'rare' vegetables I've been getting from my market.

I'm actually looking into saving up some coins to upgrade my general store, because as it is, it's the 'filler' items that I can't seem to get enough (flour, sugar, rice.) Right now it's flour that's holding me back from using up the veggies I get from the street market.

So... the street market can be ludicrous, it will also affect your recipe choice. It also takes no coins, for me it's a no-brainer. And I honestly don't see why you would want to set a upper limit on how large you want to expand it. TBH, after 10 slots or so it was good enough, any further expansion is more a dicision of where to allocate coins and whether I want to delete parts or use them up in a coin-free upgrade.

Farm Supplier
    I now wonder how life would be for me had I expanded the Street Market to the max...

I'm a level 39 now. If I have access to 2 onions per hour, I'd definitely buy the second Salad Bar to make greek salad. But I know I don't have that many onions or rice. The second salad bar will be sitting idle most of the time.

Ugh... level 39 is so boring!!!!!!

Rhino Keeper
    All roads lead to Rome right? I also often wondered if it was a mistake to run with street market early on, I ended up with such a large stockpile of beginner dishes I was still selling chicken alfredo at level 49. Lower level dishes taking up counter space definitely held me back in the coin earning department and limited my progress later into the game. I ended up deleting so many of them last week it was excrucuatingly painful.

And guess what, now that I've moved onto upper level recipes game play is a lot less stressful and coins are rolling in fast. So it might not be a bad thing to have a slow start and then accelerate as you level up.

And I'm thinking eventually you will have to upgrade your street market due to coins limit and tool box capacity. Just a wild guess though.

And now that I'm getting more coins I can finally upgrade my suppliers ... Well, I wold, except I used up all my nails in the street market so I'm waiting for CID lol.

Executive Chef
    I have 11 slots in my market and I check in on it at least 15 times a day and only ever see something like mushrooms, onions, lobster, ect... once or twice. I wish I had a surpluss of these things lol. I probably won't be upgrading it anytime soon need to work on expanding!!
    Main id: squinn1981

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast