Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Closing Restaurant

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ghjvcucjb View Post
    I've asked this a zillion time with no logical response. What I can see by the responses is that these people are use to playing other games where they needed to block customers or their ratings would go down. And although it's been said a zillion time that this game doesn't work that way, some people still think they need to be playing by the same rules as those other games. Old habits I guess.

Someone else mention because they're afraid they'll miss a part from CID the construction guy if all their food is gone when he comes in but it's been pointed out by several people (me included) that 1. If you haven't collected from CID, he'll be back in a minute if not seconds until you do collect from him (then it's a 30 min wait) 2. That if you have food cooking, which doesn't expire or go bad in this game, then the second you open your game you instantly can refill all empty counters.

Our restaurants are located in good neighborhoods and no one is rioting and looting so blocking all entry into your restaurant is unnecessary.
    I've been soooo confused about the whole blocking off the door thing in THIS game. I get the reasoning on the OTHER game but as you've said you don't have a rating based on customers in RS2 so I'm just as clueless as you as to why people are still asking how to do so. I'm puzzled every time I see one with their doors blocked or whatever while doing visits, I just don't get it.

I cook while I'm playing the game so I'm constantly popping food out while playing. And when I log off for the night I put on dished that take longer to cook so I'll have plenty to keep them fed when I return to the game in the morning. So I'm curious why people do this; honestly I'd love to hear their reasoning just out of curiosity!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by WinnyWoos View Post
    I cook while I'm playing the game so I'm constantly popping food out while playing. And when I log off for the night I put on dished that take longer to cook so I'll have plenty to keep them fed when I return to the game in the morning.
    Same here...

CID and Lily literally are waiting in line to come in within the first min after I open the game after being away for a long time. If for some reason they don't get fed (ran out of seats or not serving food fast enough) they come back in line almost immediately.

well, speaking for myself, I realize the food does not go bad, I don't have to worry about ratings and am well aware if I miss cid he will continue returning till I collect from him. I caregive for my 82 year grandfather among many other things and only really have time in the mornings to play, so I am trying to stack food so I feel I don't have to babysit the game...I just don't have time for that. It truly is just a preference that's what makes this game interesting, each player can choose how they build up the restaurant. Some upgrade the garden some open the market some upgrade the pantry vs buying market slots. ....
    Quote Originally Posted by WinnyWoos View Post
    I've been soooo confused about the whole blocking off the door thing in THIS game. I get the reasoning on the OTHER game but as you've said you don't have a rating based on customers in RS2 so I'm just as clueless as you as to why people are still asking how to do so. I'm puzzled every time I see one with their doors blocked or whatever while doing visits, I just don't get it.

I cook while I'm playing the game so I'm constantly popping food out while playing. And when I log off for the night I put on dished that take longer to cook so I'll have plenty to keep them fed when I return to the game in the morning. So I'm curious why people do this; honestly I'd love to hear their reasoning just out of curiosity!
    Dngdong

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike4188 View Post
    well, speaking for myself, I realize the food does not go bad, I don't have to worry about ratings and am well aware if I miss cid he will continue returning till I collect from him. I caregive for my 82 year grandfather among many other things and only really have time in the mornings to play, so I am trying to stack food so I feel I don't have to babysit the game...I just don't have time for that. It truly is just a preference that's what makes this game interesting, each player can choose how they build up the restaurant. Some upgrade the garden some open the market some upgrade the pantry vs buying market slots. ....
    Yes of course; like I said I was just curious to hear reasons for it (in case I'm missing something, LOL)

And as much as I enjoy reading how others play the game and what they upgrade first/cook, I realize that it would be hard for any two people to have the strategies considering it all depends on how often one is able to play and/or check in the game etc. But it's still fun reading about it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123