Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gem warnings... PLEASE.

Host(ess)
    It does work in Hay Day and this is a very common game too. I don't understand why teamlava could not install such a confirmation.

Post PETITION: END GEM TRAPS (Please sign or comment)

Gem traps are basically buttons that cost gems (that consist of "Speed up" buttons on timers, "Skip" buttons on quests or "Buy / Buy all" buttons on purchases) which give no confirmation check when pressed.
    This means that it fails to ask "Are you sure?" when pressed on, in addition these buttons can appear when not expected and in some cases can be quite big like on "Skip" in some quests. They can also appear where other normal buttons exist like in the stores, so normal purchasing buttons where you spend coins are swapped with gem trap buttons in exactly the same place.

Now the problem is when you accidentally press these buttons and lose valuable gems when you didn't mean to. Normally this wouldn't be a problem however Team Lava apparently see it fit to enforce a "No Refunds" policy on most cases of accidental purchases, if not all cases.

It is not just Restaurant Story 2 where this "Gem Trap" button method has existed, some people say it's almost every Team Lava game. Whether it's intentional or not, something must be done to correct the issue.

All that we're asking is a function that says "Are you sure you want to spend X amount of gems?" with a button saying "Yes" and a button saying "No" if a button is pressed that means spending Gems.
    That is not hard to implement, so why isn't it being done?

I think to be fair, Team Lava may not be aware of these Gem Traps, lets make this petition big enough to get their attention and see if they care about their customers.

I agree and feel it should be fair. The way it is set up now, Team Lava is making an exorbitant amount of money and not treating/refunding/helping players to recap items/gems, etc. that are "lost" or simply not even given to them during quests, etc.
    Your games are fun TL, but you need to play fair.

Will Team Lava end their Gem Traps?

I'm hearing a lot of complaints circulating around my group of friends who have all lost gems due to accidental purchase of spending.

It appears after exploring this forum that the problem is not only an old one, but also the problem persists in even the newest games. Most notable Restaurant Story 2!
    Now it seems my petition has been deleted on this forum, I am curious what suspicious game is Team Lava trying pull on us loyal customers?

Are Team Lava even aware of this problem or are they trying to con us with a very obvious tricks to steal gems or indirectly our money if we've bought the gems?
    All that is needed is a simple "Are you sure you want to spend X amount of gems?" That's all that is needed.

Could Team Lava please confirm if this problem is known about and is there any planned update "on their list of things to do" to implement such a security feature?

Please do not delete this post, I have a lot of influence over some of your customers and they're not liking what they're hearing so far.

Rhino Keeper
    I think they have different versions of the game released to test player response, others have noted their in game graphics are different, for example. I bet they also have different pricing and special offers to different players to gather data and see what are people willing to spend and what would be frustrating enough for players to quit. I doubt it's device-specific.

Host(ess)
    Im on level 30 and its only happeded a couple of times on my iPhone usually when i accidentally tap on a dwelling twice it uses gems to finish collection quicker, but on farm story in the mine I bought tools that cost 8 each and 5 gone in 5 seconds really frustrating!!

Fashion Designer
    There will never be a confirm button, we just have to live with it. I get around the problem (sort of) by spending my gems on parts as soon as I have enough gems for one part. That way I never lose more than a few.

Executive Chef
    These "traps" are widespread throught all of their games and nothing will ever be done about it.
    Main id: squinn1981

Why isn't there a confim option gems will be spent?

I'm so sick to death of losing gems because I accidentally click on a refresh for an ingredient in a shop, or accidentally touch the button to finish cooking food, or to serve food. Or sometimes, I've been carrying my phone and it happens. This is such a ripoff! I would NEVER spend 30 gems to refresh lobster. I just touched my seafood shop and when it opened, it refreshed the lobster and 30 gems GONE. It takes me forever to get those 30 gems. I bought gems before and then accidentally clicked on a button during a cruise and it was like 250 gems GONE!

This must be a scam to make you lose gems so you have to buy more, because there is absolutely no reason to not have a confirmation that you are actually wanting to spend the gems!

How hard is it to have a box pop up when you are trying to spend gems where you have to click Yes you are meaning to spend them???

I know how often it happens to me so I know it's happening to many others and would love to hear from you all. If S8 doesn't hear from us, they won't change it.

S8, please respond to this and explain to me why there isn't a confirmation before spending those precious hard to come by gems?

New Resident
    I second that! I've bought wall paper by mistake, and refreshed things and finished dishes, all by mistake. I'm not buying gems again until there is a confirmation message. Half of my gems were spent by mistake. So, if this is to make us buy more gems, is not working. I've spent money once, I'm not doing it again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast