Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gem warnings... PLEASE.

Farm Supplier

Angry Gem warnings... PLEASE.

When I'm buying ingredients sometimes (happened 4 times already) I bought ingredients that needed "gems" to be able to be brought faster and I accidentally buy them! This is EXTREMELY annoying considering I lost 8 gems because there wasn't a warning asking to buy it like every other thing.

Sorry about that! Please email support@teamlava.com for any concerns related to your in-game gem exchanges.

Farm Supplier
    This is a very very common problem in all team lava games. and it is too easy to fix. JUST make a confirmation message to protect our gems. OR allow a system of lock or secure to the gems so that no gems could be spent by accident unless the gems bank is unlocked.

Rhino Keeper
    Those are what you call "gem traps" and they will more than likely never be fixed. Players have been begging TL for a long time in nearly all their games (at least the ones I've played) and still no fix to this problem.

Rhino Keeper
    I agree with everyone. The only solution is to be conscious of what you tap on. I've numerously tapped on gem-valued stuff in TL games when I didn't mean to. It happens when I tap too quickly. Now I learn to tap more consciously. Sounds funny but true lol.
    Bakery Story 2 Level 22
    Add me: nancydrew88

haha... agreed, wish there was a confirm button. My dog hit my arm and now I have no gems but I do have a stupid little coin operated airplane in the first rs...yay, I couldn't even find what had been bought until I see this little plane in my storage for 20 something gems...I was like, ARE YOU SERIOUS! I NEVER WOULD HAVE BOUGHT THAT. Same as above though, several times I have accidentally tapped gems for ingredients , boooooo.
    Dngdong

Rhino Keeper
    Are there any users who find they have no issues with gem traps in this game?

I'm asking because I started out playing on two devices, on my ipad gems just flew off and I didn't even notice. I would raise gem to 60's and suddenly back down to 20. I'll collect ingredients and it's ready to collect again immediately -- I had to double check to deduce i must have lost gems collecting ingredients, there wasn't any notification of gem flying off graphics, I never even caught myself clicking in the act. I quit my RS2 on that device.

On my phone I have never had that problem, since I started the game on both devices at the same time I really noticed the difference. In my iphone game app, when I finish collecting all the available ingredients, the collection area becomes greyed out and there is a short pause before the 'speed with gem' purple bar appear. That way even though I kept tapping through momentum the greyout/ pause prevented me from spending gem. I really had to deliberately pause and wait and then tap again to be able to spend gem.

Social experiment @ TL?

I wonder if they are doing some experiment to compare user response to gem trap and see how fast they lose players depending on how aggressively they gem-trap you ......

Rhino Keeper
    Ugh I got caught up by one last night and Im so upset!!! I was literally one away from having enough gems to buy 3 expansion papers cause Cid NEVER drops those for me but of course before I knew it, 9 gems gone from accidentally hitting the speed up button on cucumbers (REALLY?!?! CUCUMBERS!!!?) which I had plenty already Things like that make me never wanna buy gems again and Ill be mad over that for a while so if they hoped that little trap would get me to buy gems.....think again. I just closed the game and didn't open it again for the rest of the night.

same problem for me on I pad...especially in original rs...for instance, I had 14 wallpapers in storage, ones that are not available I might add and as I was applying the wallpapers all the sudden it says I am out of gems and I need more for this blah blah blah. So I literally unknowingly just spent them all on old old wallpaper that i shouldn't even have been able to purchase. In rs2 I log out with say 60 gems come back to them being gone, the only reason I havnt complained is because they seem to show back up if I log out for a couple minutes and then back in. I really want to keep the game but seems there are a lot of bugs to work out.
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerhobbes View Post
    Are there any users who find they have no issues with gem traps in this game?

I'm asking because I started out playing on two devices, on my ipad gems just flew off and I didn't even notice. I would raise gem to 60's and suddenly back down to 20. I'll collect ingredients and it's ready to collect again immediately -- I had to double check to deduce i must have lost gems collecting ingredients, there wasn't any notification of gem flying off graphics, I never even caught myself clicking in the act. I quit my RS2 on that device.

On my phone I have never had that problem, since I started the game on both devices at the same time I really noticed the difference. In my iphone game app, when I finish collecting all the available ingredients, the collection area becomes greyed out and there is a short pause before the 'speed with gem' purple bar appear. That way even though I kept tapping through momentum the greyout/ pause prevented me from spending gem. I really had to deliberately pause and wait and then tap again to be able to spend gem.

Social experiment @ TL?

I wonder if they are doing some experiment to compare user response to gem trap and see how fast they lose players depending on how aggressively they gem-trap you ......
    Dngdong

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike4188 View Post
    same problem for me on I pad...especially in original rs...for instance, I had 14 wallpapers in storage, ones that are not available I might add and as I was applying the wallpapers all the sudden it says I am out of gems and I need more for this blah blah blah. So I literally unknowingly just spent them all on old old wallpaper that i shouldn't even have been able to purchase. In rs2 I log out with say 60 gems come back to them being gone, the only reason I havnt complained is because they seem to show back up if I log out for a couple minutes and then back in. I really want to keep the game but seems there are a lot of bugs to work out.
    Omg, your gems just disappear?! That's so strange! At least they show back up I guess but still that's not cool. Agreeed on wanting to continue to play since I've already grown fond of it but it seems like the higher up I get, the more bugs I gain. I hope it's just a coincidence and that they get them fixed so I can continue to play. Otherwise, I'll have to stop since the point of these games are for enjoyment, not frustration.

Also, just to be clear, are you guys saying that it's not as bad playing for your phone vs iPad? Cause I only play this game on my iPad and if that's the case, I need to switch...ekk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast