Many inventory items are caped 1, 5, 10, 50, etc), the most common is 99, Go in your inventory and look for the item you want to overrun, if it says x/y, then y is the cap. Decoration items usually have no visible cap, as of version 1.6 onward; all decoration items are limited to 99. Some items have a compound cap, this cap is not visible and you need to do the math:
- Royal Point (RP) decoration items: 65
- Royal Point (RP) Buildings: 50
- Town Buildings: 50
Storable: No Info: The place to put all the things you found that does not belong to your game board. Accessible through the "Market" - "My Inventory" button. Type: Special Source: Storyline Link: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85881
To have an items go over the cap, you need to know if it can be acquired through a different mean by as just harvesting, gathering or adventuring. In short, an item that can be obtained by gifting, crafting or goals is susceptible to overrun. If it cannot be obtained by one of these sources, you cannot overrun it:
- Production buildings: Kitchen, Workshop, Potion Shop, Magic Forge, Thinker Camp, Winter Bakery, Greenhouse, Faerie Workshop, Mermaid Workshop, etc.
- Gifts: from neighbors
- Feed the Baron: kitchen (only possible for certain items)
- Grow Faeriebulb/Dark Seeds: greenhouse (only possible for certain items)
- Create Dark Seeds: greenhouse
- Play the Baron's Tent Game
- Daily Market
How to overrun
- Gather, produce, etc. the item short of the cap (ideally 1 below the cap)
- Produce the item in the production buildings
- Gather from the usual sources until the cap is reached,
- Pick up your production,
- Accept gifts (if available),
- Do as often as you want one of the following:
- "Feed the Baron"
- "Grow Feariebulb Seeds"
- "Create Dark Seeds"
- "Grow Dark Seeds"
- "Baron's Game Tent"
- "Daily Market Goals"
- Watch the daily promotion videos
Once you reach the cap, gathering, harvesting will only yield 15 coins per item. A pity to receive 15 coins for an Ornate Beam! Also, if you carefully manage your approach, you can overrun by a fair margin. For example, some players have managed +160 Wisp Lanterns by repeating "Feed the Baron" over and over again. Another item is "Feral Magic" during the "Kaz returns from Blythewood" quest, when testing soil samples and boar tusks in the greenhouse.
- Nuggets (PDF)