Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello! We Hope You're Enjoying Fairy Tale Wonderland!

Fashion Designer
    What the heck are you guys on about coal being rare? I'm swimming in it compared to iron! I'm level 16 and can't be bothered to play much, it's just slow and seems kind of pointless... I hope it'll grow and take off like cs soon.

Executive Chef
    I have recently noticed that coal is a bit easier to come by. I chopped a small rock and got 6 coal and 4 iron in 12 chops. I'm still stuck on the goals that require 30 coal though.
    **HAPPY 2019**
    I am taking a break from all games now.
    Apologies to all neighbors and hope to see you again soon!

DS = Tuffyland (167) CS = Wiggly Valley (50) FFS = bunnyville (116)
    FS2 = Bailey's Acres (48) RS2 = Bob's Bistro (52) BS2 (34) ~~ DC:M (23)

Host(ess)
    Please let us know if we can expect an update this week, and what day of the week releases should be expected.

Thanks

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by shambalaya View Post
    What the heck are you guys on about coal being rare? I'm swimming in it compared to iron! I'm level 16 and can't be bothered to play much, it's just slow and seems kind of pointless... I hope it'll grow and take off like cs soon.
    It seems we are always swimming in something. You get a mission that eats up your supply of something and suddenly the item you had such a difficult time collecting before is all over the place, especially since everyone is chopping trees and breaking rocks because there is nothing in this game better to do. I feel like I am a prisoner on a chain gang from a bad 1940's melodrama, doing hard time and breaking rocks. And what in the world did THEY do with all those broken rocks? I wish I knew, I am just throwing them and my energy away. Thank goodness for Market Orders. . . It ****s like 15 minutes of my time.

New Resident
    Hi just let me know when, I can play this game without my hands tied behind my back.....I have been at a stand still from leval 14 I'm now at 20, even if the cards come they still don't give what is needed to go forward with the game.
    Very disappointed. Please look at this game it could be a great!!!!!
    ID lindyloub

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggwynn View Post
    Hey All!

We hope you all had a fantastic holiday =) And, hello to everyone we haven't met yet!

Once the holidays settle down, we're hoping to start monthly posts about the game sometime in the new year, so stick around for that!

We hope the game is fun and that you all are enjoying it. Have a Happy New Year!

-Aggwynn&Glimmergate
    So, THIS is what you two have been up to!!

The game seems a little bit undeveloped to be released but definitely has potential. The overall concept is a fun take on fairy tales. To me, the graphics are more cartoonish than Castle Story but still nice.

More of my overall initial impression ...
    Right off the bat, the game is SO similar to Castle Story that I wonder why some of these aspects weren't just added to Castle Story instead of creating an entirely new game. I get the whole fairy tale premise & the consensus that established fairy tale characters wouldn't integrate well into Glimmer Wood (or would they? lol), but the different trees & nature, goats, daily markets and other aspects would be an awesome addition to CS. I'm really concerned that this new game will take you two designers/programmers (whatever your positions actually ARE, lol) away from CS and your focus will become more directed towards Wonderland, which will cause CS to suffer (currently 2+ weeks with no update there).

For Wonderland, there seems to be an imbalance between the number of places to acquire materials & the frequency they drop from those places compared to how often they're needed in the game. Things that are needed more are hard to find in only 1 or 2 places while things which aren't needed much (or at all, like goat's horn) seem to fall more readily or from more places (honey drops from all over the place! lol) to the point of quickly becoming maxed out on them.
    Two vital items in the game require coal (bricks & torches). Torches are not only needed for the adventures but also for some upgrades AND for expanding. And then, two vital items require dryad's breath (enchanted beams & dryad's essence). When multiple important aspects of a game require the same few basic materials, players spend most or all of their allotted energy trying to get those same basic materials. For this game, that just means: chop down every tree & rock to find a couple of dryad's breath & a few coal, buy more rocks & trees, let energy rebuild and repeat.....and well, that just translates into getting bored really quickly. Since the target player is obviously a teenager (as indicated from the dialogue & introduction to the avatar character), good luck keeping them engaged with chopping trees and rocks over & over ad nauseum.

Drop rates for items like dryad's breath, coal and nightshade need to be increased from the few places to get them or permanent items need to be introduced that drop those materials better than the current 1 or 2 for every 10 chops (if you're lucky). Or possibly, the ingredients for vital items also need to be reconsidered so there isn't such a repeat for basic materials to make them.

It is especially frustrating when other items, like goat's horn which seems to yet have no use at all, or wood or stone continually gives the player the "you can't hold any more..." message. Or to have a useful item like the white rose bush which drops 3 white roses every couple of hours, but can only be used to craft white paint & isn't used that much. Also, there are several places to get honey but it's only used for jam.
    .... Maybe the lumber mill could also drop dryad's breath? (I've stopped collecting from it...because I'm maxed on wood from chopping upteen trees & can't make more enchanted beams to use the wood cuz dryad's essence needs the dryad's breath! Lol)

The Daily Markets are a fun diversion (albeit, quick) & easy way to earn an extra daily gem & coins.
    I wish I could rotate the buildings, like in CS.

Again, the game has potential but I don't know that your target audience will stick around to see where it goes. Teenagers (& now, most adults) want more instant gratification. But I'll hang around...just please don't neglect your older child, Castle Story, because you now have a new baby. lol
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 01-08-15 at 09:03 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post

Again, the game has potential but I don't know that your target audience will stick around to see where it goes. Teenagers (& now, most adults) want more instant gratification. But I'll hang around...just please don't neglect your older child, Castle Story, because you now have a new baby. lol
    Thank you so much for your post NorthWoodsKingdom, it touched on so many concerns that I have for this new game, particularly how the focus may shift attention away from CS. While I recognize the desire to capitalize on a game concept that has done so well by producing a new platform, I am truly concerned CS will suffer for it.

I'll continue playing wonderland as I'm sure balance changes will be made, but overall I'm not as psyched about this game in comparison to CS. The storyline is pretty interesting and I'm curious about where it's heading, but I have found the characters to be ah, slightly more annoying than amusing (I'm 29, so maybe my age has something to do with that!). Games can have a slow start though to work out the kinks, and I'm happy to be a part of that process. To expand on NorthWoodsKingdom's plea though, just please don't neglect CS in the process.
    Last edited by fahrensland; 01-08-15 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggwynn View Post
    Hey All!

We hope you all had a fantastic holiday =) And, hello to everyone we haven't met yet!

Once the holidays settle down, we're hoping to start monthly posts about the game sometime in the new year, so stick around for that!

We hope the game is fun and that you all are enjoying it. Have a Happy New Year!

-Aggwynn&Glimmergate
    Hi Aggwynn & Glimmergate

Thanks for the new game. I enjoyed it as much as CS. Thanks for listening for the feedback to us, players on the drop rate for coal and dryad's breath.

Awaiting for your update on the game soon!!!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post
    So, THIS is what you two have been up to!!

The game seems a little bit undeveloped to be released but definitely has potential. The overall concept is a fun take on fairy tales. To me, the graphics are more cartoonish than Castle Story but still nice.

More of my overall initial impression ...
    I
    Right off the bat, the game is SO similar to Castle Story that I wonder why some of these aspects weren't just added to Castle Story instead of creating an entirely new game. I get the whole fairy tale premise & the consensus that established fairy tale characters wouldn't integrate well into Glimmer Wood (or would they? lol), but the different trees & nature, goats, daily markets and other aspects would be an awesome addition to CS. I'm really concerned that this new game will take you two designers/programmers (whatever your positions actually ARE, lol) away from CS and your focus will become more directed towards Wonderland, which will cause CS to suffer (currently 2+ weeks with no update there).

For Wonderland, there seems to be an imbalance between the number of places to acquire materials & the frequency they drop from those places compared to how often they're needed in the game. Things that are needed more are hard to find in only 1 or 2 places while things which aren't needed much (or at all, like goat's horn) seem to fall more readily or from more places (honey drops from all over the place! lol) to the point of quickly becoming maxed out on them.
    Two vital items in the game require coal (bricks & torches). Torches are not only needed for the adventures but also for some upgrades AND for expanding. And then, two vital items require dryad's breath (enchanted beams & dryad's essence). When multiple important aspects of a game require the same few basic materials, players spend most or all of their allotted energy trying to get those same basic materials. For this game, that just means: chop down every tree & rock to find a couple of dryad's breath & a few coal, buy more rocks & trees, let energy rebuild and repeat.....
    I also had many of these concerns and did post them in the Suggestions & Feedback section since this thread had not started yet. Using CS as an example, I wrote why this game was set-up to fail. I think both games could succeed both with players playing both and if they chose one or the other. I believe it went Global way too fast. CS seemed to be in testing for much longer than FTW.

Also there is a post you may find helpful which lists which items are dropped by which natural source.

Unfortunately I do not know how to post links, so if you would like to see those posts you will have to look for them, sorry.

I think those of us who play CS can see that FTW could have taken so many of the solutions that were implemented in the past 2.5 years and skipped forward on the learning curve. I remember breaking rocks and chopping trees from the early days of CS because of the need for coal, sap, silver, living wood, iron, etc. and I agree that not many people will stick it out. LOL, maybe my grand nieces and nephews will successfully play this game. TL, releasing games now to play in the future!

Do not know why this did not get the box around the quote. I had hoped to shorten this somewhat, but did not succeed.

I'll fix your quote for you... SW
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 01-09-15 at 05:37 AM. Reason: What happened here?

Rhino Keeper
    Nope.
    You released it before you finished it.

If you want Beta testing, open up the rewards / ease of play.
    <-Add me - dubbleyooteeyef - on Dragon Story or Castle Story. I don't visit or chat much as I already spend too much time on my own clicks - but I'm on often to send and return items and ingredients.

Dragon Story World Event and Arena Tips in my Profile (Visitor Comments Page) ................. Next Tournaments - ** not sure TL messed up the routine** - with Minis on Weekends in between.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast