Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas World Event - 12/16/14

Rhino Keeper

Exclamation Christmas World Event - 12/16/14

Winter Wonderland Event (24-Day Duration)

Edit(KP) End date: January 9, 2014 at 11:30am Pacific time.

Don't forget that for every hour you breed/plant you get 1 Present. For those that wish to be diligent (and want more apples to feed their beasties), 1-hr Bananas or Charm Cherries (only for those that have the coinage) are ideal, though most prefer 20-hr Rune Prunes to ensure they won't miss a single second of collection time Personally, what I tend to do is 1-hr Charm Cherries for when I have the time, 5-hr Spell Melons for when I need a couple of hours before I can log on again, and 8-hr Mangoes for when I go to bed. This combination works for me, personally, and while it might not be as accurate as planting 8-hr Mangoes all day or 20-hr Rune Prunes, it gives me an adequate amount of apples than if I merely planted 8-hr or 20-hr crops (not counting 5-hr Nexus Nuts, of course). Also, planting higher-yield crops should only be attempted by those that not only have Grand Farms but those that have millions in coinage to keep up with such demanding/draining prices. Let it also be said that if you only have small farms or the majority of them are small, you would be wise to upgrade them ALL to at least Big Farms --- or, if you have lots of coins to spend --- Grand Farms. The 8-hr Mangoes that Big and Grand Farms have are a MUST for those that wish to gain as many presents as possible during down time (sleep/work/etc) and are worth their weight in gold during World Events. I know that I would have personally not have met the last World Event goals had I not upgraded all my small farms to Big/Grand ones (which is all thanks to Zenobia's sage warnings/advice on the issue).

Other than that, the planting planning is up to you. Other ways to collect presents are though mining (only when you get lucky!), through breeding (once an egg is taken off the nest, the amount of time you took to breed it translates to how many Presents you get; 1 hr = 1 Present), from tournaments (when they are released) and through 4-hr collections of the Wooden Sleigh in your forest (after you've achieved your first 25 Presents).

The Community Prizes are a bit different in the sense that you need 600 Presents to unlock the ability to 'gain' Community Prizes. Once the Community, working as a whole, reaches a goal, you'll be able to collect the goal (so long as you have at least 600 Presents under your belt). This is a community effort, so the more planting/mining/breeding/sleigh collecting you do adds to the Community total. The Community usually reaches the last prize goal before it ends (probably thanks to some number 'tweaking' thanks to TL), but every little bit counts, so remember to work together and have fun!

Good luck, everyone, and I'll continuously update with new additions as soon as I'm able throughout the event!

Individual Prizes
    25 Presents = Wooden Sleigh (Gives 4 presents every 4 hours)
    400 Presents = Candy Cane Decoration
    1,000 Presents = Merry Meerkat (Fire-Nature Rare)
    2,400 Presents = Holly Collie (Fire-Nature Rare)
    3,400 Presents = Mistletoed Sloth (Fire-Nature Super Rare)

Community Prizes (600 Presents to unlock)
    80,000,000 Presents = Christmas Tree Decoration
    210,000,000 Presents = Arctic Abode Habitat (4-animal capacity; 15,000 coin capacity; Fire-Nature)
    320,000,000 Presents = Krampus (Fire-Nature Super Rare)

Merry Meerkat - 5 hours to hatch
    Holly Collie - 5 hours to hatch
    Mistletoed Sloth - 7 hours to hatch
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1136.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	17328   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0826.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	17346   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1140.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	17348   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1147.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	17435  
    Last edited by ArcadiaTofu; 12-28-14 at 08:17 PM. Reason: adding event end date
    All of my TL accounts are under ArcadiaTofu. Add me and 9 times out of 10 I'll add you quickly and try to gift as much as possible

Executive Chef
    YAYYYYY - World event!!!!!

Collect presents - that's what I guessed it would be.

25 presents - wooden sleigh prize
    Prize 2 - looks like a candy cane decoration
    Prizes 3, 4 & 5 are animals.
    Community prize 3 is a HABITAT!
    Community prize 3 a 4th animal.

Executive Chef
    Yay!

Remember everyone... To keep your nest full at all times you can buy eggs from the store! Rock rhino takes only 2 hours, Frostfang 4 hrs, and leopard 8 hrs. You can buy them, hatch them, and sell them to earn presents. That helped me earn way more pumpkins at Halloween without having to speed a lot.

Yay!

Executive Chef
    I am SO glad my last expansion I didn't buy a new habitat. Was holding out to see if we'd get a world event one and we doooooo!

Executive Chef
    Woohoo

I'm so glad to be wrong

This is just so exciting

( clapping hands in joy )

Farm Supplier
    So I'm really wondering, that last community prize animal... Is that based on the Krampus? Because if so, that makes me really happy!

Executive Chef
    Is that a Sloth clone in a Christmas outfit I see as the last prize? Um....

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by readysetgo888 View Post
    Is that a Sloth clone in a Christmas outfit I see as the last prize? Um....
    It looks like a sloth cover in gree costume.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    YAYYYYY - World event!!!!!

Collect presents - that's what I guessed it would be.

25 presents - wooden sleigh prize
    Prize 2 - looks like a candy cane decoration
    Prizes 3, 4 & 5 are animals.
    Community prize 3 is a HABITAT!
    Community prize 3 a 4th animal.

Omg ze I'm like a lil kid can't wait I hope you get lots of luck

Hah! The update is now mandatory. That alone told me an event was underway. The darn thing can't fit on my phone. Time to chuck out my daughter's favorite games. LOL

... S L O W LY installing. Please fit. Please fit. Please launch. Please run. Please.
    Last edited by sand; 12-16-14 at 12:44 PM.
    One family. Three forests.
    Forest Gump (invite PLAYPEN)
    Satyr Sanctuary (invite SAND)
    Vash-Naroom (invite SANDSCAPE)

Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast