Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Tournament - Yule Mule 12-12-14

Farm Supplier
    Terrible! Just before Christmas I felt disappointment. Because the final battle lost all gems and could not get Yule Mule - I reached 8 level after yesterday "hung" 6 hours to 8 level. I am disappointed not against themselves and the game !!!

Did this tournament finish early? 4 am here and I notice that it is gone. I had thought I had today to finish it. Still up so going to try to sleep. I have been sleeping 4 hours a night for several years. (Usually 2 am-6am but lately 4am-8am or even 6am-10am).

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by bettyderamus View Post
    I so agree. I have used every **** I have from top to bottom some more than once. This is ridiculous. Tired of stressing out over this
    Agree,too. I won against Steamtrunk with an initial critical. Hurray!! Then realized, not hooked up to Internet. Connected, had to re - fight that battle with the same animal and LOST! So the random factor here is pretty significant.

This tournament did indeed time-out a few minutes early for me. I was speeding through the final rounds on Forest Gump after buying my first ever Ultimate Hit in FFS against that stubborn Toucan. I was actually in the middle of the final round, and was just about to take the Ultimate for Yule Mule also when -- POOF! -- tournament gone. You'd think they would at least let you finish your battle before pulling the plug, no? Yeah, right.

I managed to squeeze through with Satyr Sanctuary, also speeding the final rounds. The only reason I bothered was because that forest still had no Nature-Fire super-rare. Vash-Naroom had to drop out of this one after repeating the first few rounds several times.

I wish I could bring myself to become enraged about having the rug pulled out from under Forest Gump, but I just can't care that much anymore. It will soon be time to lay aside these games.
    One family. Three forests.
    Forest Gump (invite PLAYPEN)
    Satyr Sanctuary (invite SAND)
    Vash-Naroom (invite SANDSCAPE)

The tournament was really annoying because my progress was not saved and instead of having ~4 hours to defeat the Yule Mule, I had ~40 minutes.

I spent a number of gems (imagine having to use your first ever gem attack on a round you already cleared 3 hours ago).

I know "it is just a game" but this has definitely not been a pleasant experience. Kinda dampened the holiday mood for me.

Rhino Keeper
    We got 2/3 yule mules here. It would not have been possible without much speeding for both of us, and an ultimate for my daughter on r9 and r12. This tourney was not fun at all. Im extremely disappointed at what little time we had.
    Last edited by Aernak; 12-14-14 at 10:01 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Not only was the time horrible but having to repeat rounds you already beat? Only to lose the next time around? I'm usually one to always say the positive but I can't think of anything positive to say right now. I think this tournament wasn't planned. I think we were going to get a World Event Friday and something happened so they just threw this together. I have played in every tournament so far and don't remember getting a teaser for a new animal and that animal ended up being a tournament prize? Maybe I'm wrong but this tourney felt so early. Didnt we just do one last week? At least I got the Mule but spent a ton of gems to get it.

Executive Chef
    Wow... reading everyone's experience here, I just have to say one thing.

This tournament was UNFAIR.

1) It put European players at a significant disadvantage that could have EASILY been corrected by giving a full 48 hours... also, the timer on the tournament read "2 days" for the first 12 hours, when actually there were only 36 hours from the start. That's not 2 days.

2) We had NO WARNING... it was dropped on a Friday afternoon at a time when no one was expecting it... they could have EASILY hinted that a tournament was coming, or sent notifications to players about it.

3) The game appears to be designed to randomly "stick" some players on a certain round, making it impossible for those players to complete the tournament in the allowed time without spending significant gems. There is no rhyme or reason to why players should be stuck on a specific round, but not any others, especially when using the ideal fighters.

4) Rollbacks. I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if the game was designed this way. Moving too fast through the tournament? Slow down and spend gems! This is an issue on TL's end, and even if not done by design, I highly doubt they are super invested in fixing it....

5) Apparently the tournament could end while you were LITERALLY IN THE MIDDLE of fighting the last round? WHAT? I can't even believe this. Talk about disgustingly unnecessary.

6) The animal was a beyond lazy clone of two other animals already in the game, the Spruce Moose and Reindeer. I would have been willing to spend gems, in spite of the blatant unfairness, if the animal was at least unique and interesting. Out of ALL the possible cute Christmas animals we could have gotten, this was about the laziest possible thing they could have done. I'm still outraged by this. And if that's not bad enough, it isn't even an actual Christmas animal, to make players who can't seem to breed the Christmas animals be able to at least get one.

If ANY of these things angered you about this tournament, and you want them to STOP doing things like this, you have to STOP rewarding it. If TL can rake in the money by spending literally 5 minutes throwing a "new" animal together and then sticking it on a tournament that is unfair to many of its players from the start and give us only 36 hours to complete it while rolling back on some players' victories and sticking other players on levels for 10+ rounds.... they are going to continue to do this.

If you spend money on tournaments like these, you're telling TL that you don't mind the unfairness and that they can keep getting money out of you by continuing to pull stuff like this. Bottom line, it will never change as long as it's profitable for them. If you reward it, you're part of the problem.

Very sorry for anyone that was treated unfairly and is disappointed for missing the Yule Moose. I don't have it and I couldn't care less. Just outraged by the unfairness of this tournament.

Rhino Keeper
    I got stuck on the toucan and gave up after 7 tries vs him. Didn't like the mule enough to spend gems on this tournament. I'm not too fond of the flash tournaments because they don't give much room if you get stuck on a critter.

Rhino Keeper
    So, incredibly disappointing event, and if this game continues to act this way I don't doubt a lot of people will quit / stop playing as often. Luck-based events aren't really fun for anyone. Here was my final tally:

Yule Mule Tournament
    1. Ember Cat, lv 10 (earth-fire) against Cadabra -- win
    2. Glacier Griffin, lvl 11 (water-earth) against Pyro Pony -- loss
    3. Glacier Griffin, lvl 11 (water-earth) against Pyro Pony -- loss
    4. Glacier Griffin, lvl 11 (water-earth) against Pyro Pony -- win
    5. Crystal Unicorn, lvl 10 (gem) against Arboar -- win
    6. Crystal Unicorn, lvl 10 (gem) against Porkupine -- loss
    7. Crystal Unicorn, lvl 10 (gem) against Porkupine -- win
    8. Crystal Unicorn, lvl 10 (gem) against Iciclaw -- loss
    9. Crystal Unicorn, lvl 10 (gem) against Iciclaw -- win
    10. Vinotaur, lvl 15 (nature-fire) against Spruce Moose -- win
    11. Glacier Griffin, lvl 11 (water-earth) against Terrorier -- loss
    12. Glacier Griffin, lvl 11 (water-earth) against Terrorier -- win
    13. Glacier Griffin, lvl 11 (water-earth) against Steamtrunk -- loss
    14. Glacier Griffin, lvl 11 (water-earth) against Steamtrunk -- loss
    15. Glacier Griffin, lvl 11 (water-earth) against Steamtrunk -- loss
    16. Glacier Griffin, lvl 11 (water-earth) against Steamtrunk -- loss
    17. Glacier Griffin, lvl 11 (water-earth) against Steamtrunk -- loss
    18. Glacier Griffin, lvl 11 (water-earth) against Steamtrunk -- loss
    19. Glacier Griffin, lvl 11 (water-earth) against Steamtrunk -- loss
    20. Ancient Sloth, lvl 14 (earth-nature) against Steamtrunk -- loss (gems)
    21. Glacier Griffin, lvl 11 (water-earth) against Steamtrunk -- loss
    22. Glacier Griffin, lvl 11 (water-earth) against Steamtrunk -- loss
    23. Glacier Griffin, lvl 11 (water-earth) against Steamtrunk -- loss
    24. Ancient Sloth, lvl 14 (earth-nature) against Steamtrunk -- loss (gems)
    25. Glacier Griffin, lvl 11 (water-earth) against Steamtrunk -- win
    26. Vinotaur, lvl 15 (nature-fire) against Toucan -- loss
    27. Vinotaur, lvl 15 (nature-fire) against Toucan -- win
    28. Crystal Unicorn, lvl 10 (gem) against Treebra -- loss
    29. Crystal Unicorn, lvl 10 (gem) against Treebra -- win (gems)
    30. Terrorier, lvl 10 (dark-fire) against Citrine Peregrine -- loss (gems)
    31. Terrorier, lvl 10 (dark-fire) against Citrine Peregrine -- loss (gems)
    32. Terrorier, lvl 10 (dark-fire) against Citrine Peregrine -- loss (gems)
    33. Terrorier, lvl 10 (dark-fire) against Citrine Peregrine -- loss (gems)
    34. Terrorier, lvl 10 (dark-fire) against Citrine Peregrine -- loss (gems)
    35. Terrorier, lvl 10 (dark-fire) against Citrine Peregrine -- win (gems)
    36. Crystal Unicorn, lvl 10 (gem) against Yule Mule -- win (gems)

I used gems to speed up 10 battles. Not worth it. Luckily I didn't actually go and buy any, and if I was that low on gems I don't think I would have for this animal anyway.