Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Tournament - Yule Mule 12-12-14

Fashion Designer
    TL would it be so difficult to actually notify us when a tournament is on. We get notifications about our habitats and when our farms are ready so why not a new tournament. This weekend has been a busy one and just been logging onto the game to collect from my habitats and farm (have given up trying to breed x-mas animals pumpkin panda and any animal not in my collection as I just keep breeding fails) and low and behold I see a tournament is on but now I have just 8hrs before it ends. And yes im probably to blame for not being vigilant but a notification that a tournament is on would be most helpful. Living in Australia im not sure if we get an advantage or disadvantage in the times difference. Not all players reside is the USA.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by flowless View Post
    Why does the table says earth against citrine
    It give a neutral attack only
    I lost this round
    Earth is strong to Electric, though weak to Gem. At worst it's neutral, and no better or worse than any other neutral element. Dark is the only element that is strong against Citrine.

Really, for Citrine, it should be your best Dark without Nature or Water. That's what I listed... except for the Toucan, of course. But many players don't have that.
    Last edited by readysetgo888; 12-13-14 at 05:30 PM.

Executive Chef
    I used a Level 15 Steamtrunk to defeat the Yule Mule and complete the tournament. Another egg for storage. Busy day and no time to post until now. The round 9 Toucan was the most difficult for me, lost 6 times with a Level 15 Pumpkin Panda. I ended up with 15 losses total for the tournament. Started off much worse than the Steamtrunk mini-tournament but finished so much better (19 of my 21 losses in that tournament were in the last 3 rounds).

I stick with the same creature for each round. Following is a list of the creatures and the number of losses in that round I used in the last few rounds in case it helps anyone:

Round 8 - Thorilla 15 (1 loss)
    Round 9 - Pumpkin Panda 15 (6 losses)
    Round 10 - Aurora Pegasus 15 (2 losses)
    Round 11 - Cosmic Phoenix 15 (3 losses)
    Round 12 - Steamtrunk 15 (0 losses).

Good luck to all those still battling.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by readysetgo888 View Post
    Saying this in general... this is why I kind of shrug and feel a little bad when I see someone recommending to use an animal that's not really a great match even though it worked for them... ANY animal can win ANY battle, but the odds are better if you choose one with the best elements. Your chances are better if you stick to the recommended elements... unless your only option with the recommended elements is only a common or rare and/or a low level, then a super rare that is less of a good match, or a level 15 animal, might be better. But it never makes sense to switch to an animal that is worse overall just because it works for someone else.... just saying...

Although to be fair, I DO think this is WAY more about luck than it is about the animal you use, even if the odds do get better with a better animal. I also sincerely believe that the game is designed to "stick" players on certain levels just to see if they will give up and use an ultimate. There's no reason why you should be stuck 10+ times on the same level when using the correct animal, when every other round takes 1-3 times. If the odds aren't worse on that one round, then why does it happen like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amareiha View Post
    I know that perfectly well. I'm not that dumb. It's the built-in gambling factor. But sometimes, one creatures works for other players, too. Though as I don't want to annoy anyone, I will stop suggesting any more animals.
    Amareiha -- I just feel like those kinds of posts are helpful, if the person is using an incorrect animal (ie completely wrong elements or something similar). Even then, you never know what someone does or doesn't have in their arsenal. (Admittedly, in this case, most people have the battleground animals, so that doesn't really apply here.) I think readysetgo's post explains my mindset.

I've been using a glacier griffin. It's the highest (super rare) I have relevant to defeating the steamtrunk. Both its attacks are 'strong' against the steamtrunk (an in-game element signaling that I'm on the right track). An ancient sloth has earth, but its nature element would technically be weak to the steamtrunk's fire. I've tried it out, even. I honestly don't think my luck would be better with it. *shrug* Please don't take this post the wrong way -- I'm not trying to target you, or anything. I'm just SUPER PISSED at the game for having gone 12 losses against an animal I shouldn't have 12 losses against. Is my match super ideal? No, but it's the second best, and this is getting really dumb.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by readysetgo888 View Post
    Earth is strong to Electric, though weak to Gem. At worst it's neutral, and no better or worse than any other neutral element. Dark is the only element that is strong against Citrine.

Really, for Citrine, it should be your best Dark without Nature or Water. That's what I listed... except for the Toucan, of course. And Emerald. But many players don't have those.
    Thanx for clarifying

It would much better to mention that on the table
    That dark is the strongest and earth could give neutral attack
    As in the last few hours (it's 12:30 here in london )
    I can't afford to lose
    I would've chosen dark for sure

Anyhow thanx for the table and effort put in to it
    I wouldn't be able to have a chance in finishing this tournament without it
    Last edited by flowless; 12-13-14 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Don't have time for you autocorrection

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodelle View Post
    Amareiha -- I just feel like those kinds of posts are helpful, if the person is using an incorrect animal (ie completely wrong elements or something similar). Even then, you never know what someone does or doesn't have in their arsenal. (Admittedly, in this case, most people have the battleground animals, so that doesn't really apply here.) I think readysetgo's post explains my mindset.

I've been using a glacier griffin. It's the highest (super rare) I have relevant to defeating the steamtrunk. Both its attacks are 'strong' against the steamtrunk (an in-game element signaling that I'm on the right track). An ancient sloth has earth, but its nature element would technically be weak to the steamtrunk's fire. I've tried it out, even. I honestly don't think my luck would be better with it. *shrug* Please don't take this post the wrong way -- I'm not trying to target you, or anything. I'm just SUPER PISSED at the game for having gone 12 losses against an animal I shouldn't have 12 losses against. Is my match super ideal? No, but it's the second best, and this is getting really dumb.
    I beat the Steamtrunk on my first try with the Griffin. Many people have beat Toucan on the first try with one of the several animals I've tried multiple times. Makes. No. Sense.

Except of course unless the game wants to stick people on a certain round every tournament.... 10 losses is by far my worst. Prior to that, my worst was 8 tries to win.

Executive Chef
    What's the point of flash tournament we get the regular ones anyhow
    I understand if it's used for animals that were limited before it in pervious tournament

Plus why more than one animal per week
    Love the game hate to see it end fast for the amount of animals introduced

Tyvm Ready I've been using your chart and so far I'm on R9. I may not post much on here but I would have never gotten this far without your chart and the other charts and wins! Ty So far Toucan has beaten both my Ancient Sloth 11 and Vinotaur 14. Going to try my Vinotaur again, he was SO close.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by flowless View Post
    Thanx for clarifying

It would much better to mention that on the table
    That dark is the strongest and earth could give neutral attack
    As in the last few hours (it's 12:30 here in london )
    I can't afford to lose
    I would've chosen dark for sure

Anyhow thanx for the table and effort out in to it
    I wouldn't be able to have a chance in finishing this tournament without it
    No problem... although, the theory around here is that your chances are already set once you choose an animal, and that which of the "attack" buttons you use makes no difference to whether you get a Critical. That's Sand's theory... she's the one who originally came up with all this stuff after doing testing for a long time in the Battlegrounds. I just try to summarize it in the clearest way...

That being said, I always use the Strong element attack anyway, JIC. I will update the table to remove Earth. Actually, no one has played the Citrine as an opponent before this tournament, so I wasn't sure how Earth would do. Since you let me know, I'll take it off the table.

And Pony lvl 15 took home Yulemule with 1 hit

1 account done and 1 more to go...

Congrats to all who finished and good luck to the rest