Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10505657585960

Thread: Castle Story: 12/11/2014: 12 Days of Christmas Part 2

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by dmpro View Post
    Your argument is flawed as I am pretty certain you do not give certain students questions randomly which will directly affect their results.
    I have no issue with players venting. It is anyones choice if they read posts or not. I have no problem if people want to delete the game either.
    And it certainly wasn't an even playing field, some players had five nuggets to start with, some were still trying to mine them on the second to last day, some of us had allicorns and other means of more energy to chop trees to look for partridges etc so I think people have the right to vent their anger, they tried as hard as anyone else.

New Resident

Random drops from pile of gifts

Quote Originally Posted by BriarAvenue View Post
    Guess what I got for "RARE" items:
    Hearty stew, breaded fish, pasta and flour.

Am I in Mars or what that makes these items so rare?
    So maybe water will also be rare because we are in Mars.
    I got the exact same items for my first drop. LOL.

On the other account, I got 1 sheep, 1 red trillium, 1 +10 energy crate, and 75 coins, similar to another forum poster. Since that sheep and trillium would have cost more gems than I spent to skip the second and third library visits, I guess I'm happy with that one. 2 more days to see what else I get for two weeks of craziness and a pile of fancy beams and builder's paste from all the trees!

Now I'm going to switch to the new thread showing what kinds of "bundles" the pile of presents drops. Good luck to all, and may we rake in the expansion permits and gold items!
    Last edited by frost1020; 12-17-14 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Added info.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffyjkitten View Post
    I am in the odd position of agreeing with both points of view here.

Yes the Christmas quest was hard, but it was doable within the time allowed and without spending gems. Perhaps not for everyone, but it was possible.
    It was definitely NOT doable for everyone.
    If you have no gold nuggets, not enough coins and energy to dig all kinds of rock piles to get those 5 nuggets within a short time and not enough gems to complete the gold ring quest - and you have already spent lots of money on in-app purchases ...then it won't be doable.

This can happen easily to lower level players (who struggle with those issues all the time anyway), and it is not their fault. I would love to query TL's database to find out just how many users failed to complete the quest due to the missing nuggets.

I do not blame TL, after all it was just a game and sometimes we are lucky and sometimes not - but you should not judge people and situations that you do not know about. Glad it was "doable" for you.

When I got a new phone last year and started over from the beginning, I was not able to finish any of the seasonal quests. This go round, I was able to finish without issue. I have never spent money on this game, but I do play the other games when offered for free gems. I work full time and have a 6 year old child, so I play sparingly. The challenges get easier when you've played longer and accumulated more resources. Now I can just build an extra tavern if that's what I need to complete something. But I definitely was not in that position a year ago. Don't get discouraged guys!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by dmpro View Post
    Your argument is flawed as I am pretty certain you do not give certain students questions randomly which will directly affect their results.
    The extra credit question on my last exam was to have each student write their own question on any topic from the semester and answer it. You would be amazed at how many of them couldn't answer their own question correctly.

Yes I had 11 gold nuggets at the start of the quest. I have 5 chickens, 1 tavern, no wizard school (got that afterwards after getting free gems from another game download) and no alicorns. I chopped every tree in my kingdom. Then bought more and chopped half of them.

It's a self paced game, there is no such thing as a level playing field. Everyone is coming at this from a different perspective. I had just hit the required level to do the summer gazebo quest when that started and I made it through. Plan. Research. Stockpile. It's not difficult. Just stop blaming TL for not handing out everything to you like spoiled children.
    Last edited by tuffyjkitten; 12-17-14 at 10:16 PM.
    **HAPPY 2019**
    I am taking a break from all games now.
    Apologies to all neighbors and hope to see you again soon!

DS = Tuffyland (167) CS = Wiggly Valley (50) FFS = bunnyville (116)
    FS2 = Bailey's Acres (48) RS2 = Bob's Bistro (52) BS2 (34) ~~ DC:M (23)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffyjkitten View Post
    The extra credit question on my last exam was to have each student write their own question on any topic from the semester and answer it. You would be amazed at how many of them couldn't answer their own question correctly.

Yes I had 11 gold nuggets at the start of the quest. I have 5 chickens, 1 tavern, no wizard school (got that afterwards after getting free gems from another game download) and no alicorns. I chopped every tree in my kingdom. Then bought more and chopped half of them.

It's a self paced game, there is no such thing as a level playing field. Everyone is coming at this from a different perspective. I had just hit the required level to do the summer gazebo quest when that started and I made it through. Plan. Research. Stockpile. It's not difficult. Just stop blaming TL for not handing out everything to you like spoiled children.
    Yes you did it the hard way no one is suggesting otherwise, but please read my post and then read yours you started with gold nuggets, that is where a lot of lower levels failed, the gold nuggets in themselves are rare, even high level players only have a small number (some are very lucky and have oodles) you were lucky you could start your rings straight away and then spend your time chopping every tree in your kingdom with no allicorns or wizards schools even though you bought one, now imagine you had to chop rocks for days and days and buy more and then chop rocks for days and days and visit your mines every time and then if you were lucky or gave in like my neighbour and paid 80 gems you still had to spend days and days chopping every tree in your kingdom would you still say it is a self paced game and be so smug.

Banned
    I got 1 golden nugget, 1 golden apple, and 5 trade tickets + some coins for my most recent drop

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    As this event is finished, I am closing this thread. All drops from the Pile of Gifts can be made in this thread.

Just to wrap up.... there are 2 more Christmas events/updates planned, the first being tomorrow (in about 10 hours from now). There has been a hint that it's about trees. so clear some space, we may be redecorating!

Quote Originally Posted by glimmergate View Post
    Mmmmayyyybee (And in the possible event where there are Christmas trees, then hypothetically speaking we may have added some new functionality that allows you to possibly store them, as long as they're un-chopped) (I guess we'll just have to wait and see )

Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10505657585960