Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 12/11/2014: 12 Days of Christmas Part 2

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Betsy0923 View Post
    Got the same 1st drop of presents. Maybe they are saving the 'good stuff' to see if we are good or bad! LOL
    That's what I got, too!! I was flabbergasted, then fuming!! I read that others were receiving gold nuggets and trade tickets, and I got fish and flour??

I felt like Charlie Brown when he went trick or treating and got rocks in his bag...

Quote Originally Posted by joshuawayde View Post
    Just got my first drop from the pile of gifts ... Not disappointed at all
    -1 gold nugget
    -1 gold apple
    -1 gold egg
    -5 trade tickets
    **whoooo hoooo***
    I got the same thing..seeing some of the other posts does make me wonder why others have gotten very common items. Im happy with my gifts, but feel a bit sad for others, should be more even. Jmo

Executive Chef
    I am in the odd position of agreeing with both points of view here.

Yes the Christmas quest was hard, but it was doable within the time allowed and without spending gems. Perhaps not for everyone, but it was possible. TL did not set out to make an event that no one would complete. I spent a day looking for the partridge and almost 2 days on the French hens but I still finished in time...with a couple of hours to spare.

Should the random drops have been a bit less random? Yes, there was no reason to make it even more difficult than it already was. I swear the 8 milk maids part was easier than the one lonely partridge part!

The dissenters on here remind me a lot of my students, begging me for extra credit after they see how poorly they did on their last exam. It's not my job to give you a passing grade, you have to earn it. I don't write tests designed for you to fail, but you do have to study for them. It's not TL's job to just hand you the pile of presents, you had to work for it. Some will get it, some won't. Just like my students...I gave 2 people a D. I doubt they will quit school over it. Not winning a prize is not a reason to quit. If you truly don't enjoy the game, yes, don't play it. But please don't spoil the experience for those of us who do enjoy it or blast a moderator for trying to explain and smooth over the situation. That is uncalled for.

Happy Holidays to all and thank you TL for an enjoyable game.
    **HAPPY 2019**
    I am taking a break from all games now.
    Apologies to all neighbors and hope to see you again soon!

DS = Tuffyland (167) CS = Wiggly Valley (50) FFS = bunnyville (116)
    FS2 = Bailey's Acres (48) RS2 = Bob's Bistro (52) BS2 (34) ~~ DC:M (23)

Well said!
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffyjkitten View Post

Yes the Christmas quest was hard, but it was doable within the time allowed and without spending gems. Perhaps not for everyone, but it was possible. TL did not set out to make an event that no one would complete. I spent a day looking for the partridge and almost 2 days on the French hens but I still finished in time...with a couple of hours to spare.

Should the random drops have been a bit less random? Yes, there was no reason to make it even more difficult than it already was. I swear the 8 milk maids part was easier than the one lonely partridge part!

The dissenters on here remind me a lot of my students, begging me for extra credit after they see how poorly they did on their last exam. It's not my job to give you a passing grade, you have to earn it. I don't write tests designed for you to fail, but you do have to study for them. It's not TL's job to just hand you the pile of presents, you had to work for it. Some will get it, some won't. Just like my students...I gave 2 people a D. I doubt they will quit school over it. Not winning a prize is not a reason to quit. If you truly don't enjoy the game, yes, don't play it. But please don't spoil the experience for those of us who do enjoy it or blast a moderator for trying to explain and smooth over the situation. That is uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by BriarAvenue View Post
    Guess what I got for "RARE" items:
    Hearty stew, breaded fish, pasta and flour.
    So far that's all I've gotten too. Disappointed doesn't even begin to describe it.
    Last edited by stuffedmounts; 12-17-14 at 01:13 PM.

Executive Chef

Like. Thumbs up. Retweet. Reblog. HashtagYES. #well said... Or whatever you youn***s say that basically means, I agree. LOL!!!

Rhino Keeper
    I have double up on the beams on one of my piles, not happy, reading others getting gold nuggets and trade tickets and I am getting double ups on things I can make and I bought a pile with gems.

Rhino Keeper
    It's been a while since I came to the forum. It's sad to see that a lot of players are quitting the game. Complaints after complaints. I do have my own complaints too about this last quest but this thread is already "toxic" enough. TL you need to start listening (for real) to your customers and stop being so greedy. It's just too obvious nowadays.

This. Thanks, tuffyjkitten!

Host(ess)

Your argument is flawed as I am pretty certain you do not give certain students questions randomly which will directly affect their results.
    I have no issue with players venting. It is anyones choice if they read posts or not. I have no problem if people want to delete the game either.