Thread: Why do industry jobs timeout?

Host(ess)

Thumbs down Why do industry jobs timeout?

If I only have greenhouses the longest jobs take 8 hours. If i play once a day they often time out, i loose more than 75% of my production. What's the point? Very frustrating!!! Expanding a city is slow enough as it is. Often i run out of goods long before energy runs out because of this; i can play for about 10 minutes, then have to do something else and come back for a few minutes, etc

Yes, i could get more factories. Paying a lot(!) for a piece of land and a factory, and have it make goods that will last for 1 small business update. Or have lots of industries w different jobs of different lengths, just in case???

And why is the 1 hour job in the idea factory so expensive? It produces just 100 gods, which will just repay what it costs to produce them. Most jobs cost about 0.5 coins per goods, but this 1 hour job costs more than 2 coins per piece of goods. Why? Add the risk of having it expire...

What do you mean they time out? When you return to your game, are the goods you started not there? If this happens, it's most likely because you quit the game too soon after completing actions and your progress wasn't saved. You can avoid this by visiting a neighbor to ensure your progress is saved. Hope this helps!

Host(ess)
    The symbol over the factory turns red with an exclemation mark. I think the term is "expired". Instead of getting 200 goods I will have to do w 36.

Ah, that's part of the mechanic of the game. If you wait too long to collect your goods, they will expire. To avoid this, it's best to set goods according to when you think you will log into the game next. Hope this helps!

Host(ess)
    No, it doesn't help. "...when you think you will log into the game next"; so you think i should try to make a plan and then control my life to fit my game plans? And if i don't i'm punished??? It's a cute game, relaxing, but this takes a lot of the fun out of it. My wife likes it too, but has the same complains.

I see lots of people that start playing, and quit before level 20. I guess it will get more fun in a few weeks from now (level 26, pop 640), but now it is soooo sloooow. New lots cost too much, and loosing production now and then makes me loose interest.

Don't get me wrong; basically it's a good game, just telling you why i may quit playing. I also play Castle Story and the Farm Story. I can put them away for a week and then just pick up where i stopped wout loosing anything. And there's always something to do there, rarely boring. And it is reflected on their forums; in comparison, this forum is a desert.

When it comes to different buildings and decorations, this team is quite creative! But i think you need to add a different dimension, not just more of what's already there. E.g. Traffic jams, working public transportation that can ease up traffic, garbage dumps that fill up, diversify "goods" into food, metal products, clothes. Etc, etc.