Page 9 of 88 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback on "The Hub"

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    I know I've a few posts I've not yet actioned , but I will soon... (Just been super busy!)

There still seems to be questions about the fortune tent. What do you think about a separate post that lists them all with hints and tips. Might put it in The Hub as a separate post. Helpful? Anything else I should add?

I'm also wondering about whether we need to expand on the general info around FAQ and the most common questions in the Help Me thread. Something to work on over the next few weeks! I really like the Nuggets from ShibuyaCloth. Maybe some more information like that.

ShibuyaCloth... Have you other drafts in mind so we don't double up?
    For the Fortune Tent there is a good thread already, don't over do.

As for nuggets, well I have one in mind but didn't start writing: Beasts. If you have other ideas or see other topics that are in high demand in on this forum, let's consider.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I haven't anything specific in mind, beasts sound good. I like to process information, so I'll just mull over some ideas and wait for a few more posts.

Would love to hear from brand new players what you would find helpful....

I've created a new post which lists all of the fortunes (as I was thinking of providing). This way, each thread can be kept about the 'current' fortunes.

Link to the Post in the Hub.

Thank you for organizing this thread so well and many thanks to all who have contributed with info. I use it regularly.
    Happy about new neighbors, just say you?re from the forum. I recently went from 275 down to 77. I get that ppl give up on CS.

CharmOfLea is an ancient gamer?s account, holla if you stormed me on GOW.

Starting players still need more info... good example is the one just answered about energy. Someone want to write up an exhaustive list including what levels you can get energy from? There is already lots of info about where you get energy from in other threads, just needs to be put into a format for the Game Guide. Maybe a 'nugget'?? Write and post it in this thread for feedback and comment and then we'll create a new thread. thanks!!

__________________________________________________ ____________________________
    Here is a fantastic starting point... this was written by Maguar.

Energy

Overview

Energy is the biggest strategic element of the game. Every action you do requires you to use energy. The amount of energy you have is determined by your level until you reach the cap. For most players this cap will be 30. For the players who started when the game was first released, the cap will be 40. From time to time there will be trials with different energy for different players.

Restoring Energy

* Energy is restored at a rate of 1 per 3 minutes.

* You can get up to 10 energy per day restored by visiting neighbours.

* If you are fighting Monsters there is a chance they will drop energy when you hit them. They will always drop energy when you defeat them. Sometimes you will end up with more energy than you used to defeat them.

* When you go on adventures from your Keep you often get energy as a reward.

* It is also restored in full when you go up a level. This energy will be added to your existing energy. This may cause you to exceed your cap. Ie you could have 50/30 energy. Once you have reduced it to under you cap it will not go above it again until you level up.

* Sir Pigglesworth can sometimes drop energy

* If you have completed the third tablet quest you have a 33% chance of getting energy back when harvesting crops

* You can trade items in the Royal Exhange to get energy.

* The Alicorn will refill your energy once a week

* The Wizard School drops energy every couple of hours

Important Note: Only levelling up and getting energy when visiting neighbours will take your energy temporarily over the cap. All other methods will only take you up to your cap. Do not collect from the items listed above unless your energy is less than or qual to your max minus the energy you'll get. Eg, your cap is 30 and you're going to collect from the Royal Exchange to get energy. Only collect when your energy is 20 or lower or you will miss out on the extra energy.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 01-31-15 at 09:48 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Starting players still need more info... good example is the one just answered about energy. Someone want to write up an exhaustive list including what levels you can get energy from? There is already lots of info about where you get energy from in other threads, just needs to be put into a format for the Game Guide. Maybe a 'nugget'?? Write and post it in this thread for feedback and comment and then we'll create a new thread. thanks!!

__________________________________________________ ____________________________
    Here is a fantastic starting point... this was written by Maguar.

Energy

Overview

Energy is the biggest strategic element of the game. Every action you do requires you to use energy. The amount of energy you have is determined by your level until you reach the cap. For most players this cap will be 30. For the players who started when the game was first released, the cap will be 40. From time to time there will be trials with different energy for different players.

Restoring Energy

* Energy is restored at a rate of 1 per 3 minutes.

* You can get up to 10 energy per day restored by visiting neighbours.

* If you are fighting Monsters there is a chance they will drop energy when you hit them. They will always drop energy when you defeat them. Sometimes you will end up with more energy than you used to defeat them.

* When you go on adventures from your Keep you often get energy as a reward.

* It is also restored in full when you go up a level. This energy will be added to your existing energy. This may cause you to exceed your cap. Ie you could have 50/30 energy. Once you have reduced it to under you cap it will not go above it again until you level up.

* Sir Pigglesworth can sometimes drop energy

* If you have completed the third tablet quest you have a 33% chance of getting energy back when harvesting crops

* You can trade items in the Royal Exhange to get energy.

* The Alicorn will refill your energy once a week

* The Wizard School drops energy every couple of hours

Important Note: Only levelling up and getting energy when visiting neighbours will take your energy temporarily over the cap. All other methods will only take you up to your cap. Do not collect from the items listed above unless your energy is less than or qual to your max minus the energy you'll get. Eg, your cap is 30 and you're going to collect from the Royal Exchange to get energy. Only collect when your energy is 20 or lower or you will miss out on the extra energy.
    This is not true any more. If you collect from alicorns (both white and pink) you can go over the limit. Same with Wizard Schools. Same with the 30 energy you can get from Mr. piggy. Same with crop collection if you're over the limit and get energy back from collecting in fact, I can't think of any times extra energy won't accumulate past your limit.

You can also get energy from two different trades the Royal Exchange and the greenhouse. hope this helps!
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.

Fashion Designer
    One little detail... The energy cap was raised from 30 to 40 for all players. At lower levels the cap is smaller (at least when I was there) and it increases as you level up until reaching 40.

Yes that's right.... That original post was written a long time ago... Well before the rise in level cap. If someone wants to rewrite it, please feel free!

Yes, I also agree with you about energy rising. Don't know what you start with now. aarr, the good old days!

Who needed a lunch break anyway! . Ok, what do you think about this? I've dumped it from an email, so formatting may need adjusting.

Energy

Overview
    Energy is the biggest strategic element of the game. Every action you do requires you to use energy. The amount of energy you have is determined by your level until you reach the cap. For most players this cap will be 40. From time to time there will be trials with different energy for different players.

How often is energy restored?
    Energy is restored at a rate of 1 every 3 minutes.

How can I get extra energy?
    Lots of ways!

1. Visit neighbours – will give you an extra 10 energy per day
    2. Level up – energy is added when you go up a level and is added to your current balance. This may cause you to temporarily exceed your cap, ie you could have 50/40 energy.
    3. Monsters – If you are fighting Monsters there is a chance they will drop energy when you hit them. They will always drop energy when you defeat them. Sometimes you will end up with more energy than you used to defeat them (and sometimes not).
    4. Harvest crops – you must have the 3rd Knowledge Shard (Agricultural) from collecting from the Tablet of Tabernum.

Buildings:
    5. The Keep – (your castle) energy will often drop when you collect from your adventure. The Feral Lands adventure has been known to drop Energy Crates (appearing above the castle in a special box) with 10 energy inside. The energy crates can be stored or chopped immediately.
    6. Royal Exchange – 2 energy trades to choose from.
    7. Wizard School – available for gems in the market. Level 1 drops 6 energy/5 hours; up to Level 5 drops 10 energy / 4 hours and 20 minutes.
    8. Greenhouse – craft Faerie Elixir for an instant 20 energy drop.

Animals:
    9. Sir Pigglesworth – large rare drop
    10. Alicorns – drops 40 energy every 7 days.
    11. Pink Alicorn – drops between 4-8 energy every 22 hours. Reported rare energy drops of 10, 20, 50 and 100. (cannot purchase this anymore)

12. Buy It! – you can purchase additional energy with gems. The current offer is 5 energy for 10 gems; 12 energy for 20 gems; 30 energy for 50 gems.

Written February 2015.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 02-02-15 at 10:31 PM.

Executive Chef
    Gardenia-
    This is great! On the pink alicorn, it also has a possibility of 10 and 20 energy drops, as well as the 50 and 100.

thanks QZ... added! SW
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 02-02-15 at 10:30 PM.
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.

Page 9 of 88 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast