Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788 LastLast

Thread: Feedback on "The Hub"

Fashion Designer
    SW the updates to the guides have been great! I like your edits to posts saying that it's been done - so nice to get "feedback" that it's done.

Pruning my inbox I found an old note about The Big News main storyline quest https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1364424

The items aren't in the Inventory Guide. They predated the Tome of Knowledge but ShibuyaCloth has added them on the Tome.

Re-reading the Discussion topic isn't fun - due to a marketplace goof, there are 1100+ posts about getting an extra alicorn, not getting an extra alicorn, and the developers taking back the extra alicorn. It was quite a circus, lol.

So I combed through the Discussion topic and pulled together an inventory from ShibuyaCloth's amazing interface.

See https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1689726

WARNING: DO NOT START THIS QUEST until you have 80 Faeries Murmur, 16 Floral Glow and 24 Fellora Blossoms on hand. You may need MANY more, depending on how many discount trades you manage to do in the first 24 hours.

Not sure about the wedding cake cap - a player posted trying to make 2, couldn't place the second out of the kitchen, kept it in the kitchen for 2+ weeks hoping for a response from devs, then sacrificed it when a new quest required the kitchen.

So my changes to SC's data are bolded
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 05-28-23 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Note in bold added in main story and discussion thread.. SW May 2023

Fashion Designer
    So, it’s been months since I’ve had a gold rune. I know they are supposed to be random but I do at least 1 trade a day, sometimes as many as 3.

The other item that seems to have deserted me are golden nuggets. I can usually rely on 2-3 a day, but none of my usual droppers have remained dry. Frustrating when it happens when they needed for adventures during events. Randomness seems less a factor lately.

I do appreciate all the work that SW and SC put in. Makes playing easier and it’s great if I can learn new things or help others succeed. Keep up the great work folks.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1030154

I've been working on the building guide and have added Shibuya's beautiful pictures. Before I get too far and spend too much time on this (I've done A-G so far), is this helpful? I've looked at it on my mobile and it does require scrolling sideways to see all the info, but is that a game-changer? I'd love a couple of players to comment if this is something to continue doing for all the other buildings in the guide or not. Easy to undo if not!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    ... Red Witch drops:

These ones for sure but are there others??:
    Haunted Gazebo, Haunted Watchtower, Haunted Carriage, Haunted Lantern
    The Haunted Path is also a drop, but that's all I've had now for the last month. I'm going to say that's complete now unless I hear back with anything else. Thanks!

Nightclub Owner

I've been working on the building guide and have added Shibuya's beautiful pictures. Before I get too far and spend too much time on this (I've done A-G so far), is this helpful? I've looked at it on my mobile and it does require scrolling sideways to see all the info, but is that a game-changer? I'd love a couple of players to comment if this is something to continue doing for all the other buildings in the guide or not. Easy to undo if not!
    I think for the buildings it is OK, some persons don't know to look of a building and need a picture. Otherwise they need to go on the ToK to see the details (leave this board). I would do it only for major buildings, not necessary for event buildings. Picture can hammer your mobile subscription (if you have a limited subscription).
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    I think for the buildings it is OK, some persons don't know to look of a building and need a picture. Otherwise they need to go on the ToK to see the details (leave this board). I would do it only for major buildings, not necessary for event buildings. Picture can hammer your mobile subscription (if you have a limited subscription).
    Yes, that's a good point. I'll check with the team about the impacts of loading graphics. Thanks for the info

Fashion Designer

I LOVE it!! It adds so much to the guide, and makes it easier to find and identify!

I use my phone browser in desktop view and still have to scroll sideways. Have you considered making the pic a separate row instead of putting in a column? Not sure it will work, but maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    The Tome has a warning about data usage also. :-) I've only just recently figured out how to use the query function, lol.

Thanks for the post! I'm still going to split up all the event and resource buildings by each alphabetical letter (only need to combine 2 as there is nothing starting with those letters). It was starting to get a bit harder to edit as more buildings are added. I use the Child of Default and Full Site settings on my iPhone to view the forum. Because I added columns that's what causes the sideways scrolling. I tried different column widths in my table and I didn't like how it looked on my phone with the smaller columns. It's set to 1000 at present which is way wider than I normally use for tables.

Thinking out loud...
    The other thing I was considering is to remove main story buildings (stables, mines, hatcheries etc) and have them in a separate post or another idea of merging everything together (still split alphabetically) but I wonder if that's probably not as useful. I'll keep Town and Royal separate and update the entries with consistent formatting. I just want the Guide to be easy to use and edit for me as much as I want it to be easy to find info for players.

Would appreciate any other ideas or feedback.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 03-08-23 at 04:09 AM.

Fashion Designer

I think it’s a great idea to have a building guide with both pic, Name and info. I’m often looking up items in the forum inventory lists, but one dedicated to buildings would be a great resource.

I really appreciate all the hard work you and ShibuyaCloth put in. I only figured out recently how to use the forum. SW & SB provide such great resources that are super helpful. Can’t thank you both enough.

Well, 4 months later and more edits than I ever thought would be needed, the Building Guide is done. woohoo! Cause it's had a lot of work done and new posts have been added (as I created 1 post for each alphabetical letter), any links to specific posts might not work. The main link to the guide will always work so no issue there. No replies needed, I just wanted to let you know it's had a makeover if you want to have a look

Now to catch up on the normal event threads!