Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344

Thread: Tournament! Treebra 12-02-14

Executive Chef
    Interesting to think about.... because it seems like on average, most people have a pretty even win/loss record at the end of the tournament, that would mean that you need to try 60 times. You have 5 full days plus a little extra on the first day (so like 5 and a half days really). I'm estimating that that means that you need to try 10-11 times a day in order to win without using any gems. If you don't speed, that's about 10 hours a day. Assuming that most people are awake around 16 hours a day, that's certainly a big chunk of time - and it needs to be every day of the tournament.

I do think that it's good to know the number of tries that you'll probably be required to have before you start - to avoid frustration. If I knew that it was on a week that I wasn't going to be able to play that many times, I'd probably not even want to attempt it at all.

Rhino Keeper
    @saucysammis - sorry to hear you didn't get it. Good luck on getting your unicorn, though!

@readysetgo888 - yeah, it makes sense that this kind of game event would take a lot of time involvement. (To be fair, it's mostly just setting a timer and opening up the game for like, 30s, but that can be disruptive depending on what you're actually doing, and not everyone has that opportunity!) There would be no incentive to spend gems if you could finish the tournament in 3 days, or if you could finish it in 5 but had 10 days to do it, or whatever. The fact that a streak of bad luck could mean you're on one animal for like 7 hours straight isn't fun, either. That's usually the tradeoff in games like this -- you either put in time, or you put in money (which you put time in to get earlier).

This was my first tournament and at least it felt like I was visibly working towards a goal, though. I spent a week trying to breed the cold turkey to no success, and there's no real way to sway your fate there (ie by choosing your strongest animal or whatever... that's not really how breeding works).

Executive Chef
    Now that this tournament is done, I would suggest that anyone who had difficulty start preparations for the next tournament. I would suggest reviewing the information in the Making Sense of the Battlegrounds thread and determine which creatures you need to breed and upgrade for the next tournament.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodelle View Post
    @saucysammis - sorry to hear you didn't get it. Good luck on getting your unicorn, though!

@readysetgo888 - yeah, it makes sense that this kind of game event would take a lot of time involvement. (To be fair, it's mostly just setting a timer and opening up the game for like, 30s, but that can be disruptive depending on what you're actually doing, and not everyone has that opportunity!) There would be no incentive to spend gems if you could finish the tournament in 3 days, or if you could finish it in 5 but had 10 days to do it, or whatever. The fact that a streak of bad luck could mean you're on one animal for like 7 hours straight isn't fun, either. That's usually the tradeoff in games like this -- you either put in time, or you put in money (which you put time in to get earlier).

This was my first tournament and at least it felt like I was visibly working towards a goal, though. I spent a week trying to breed the cold turkey to no success, and there's no real way to sway your fate there (ie by choosing your strongest animal or whatever... that's not really how breeding works).
    I agree with you - I don't really wish the tournament was easier... I don't expect it to be so easy that everyone can do it without putting in a good chunk of time. As you said, it's either put in the time or put in the money. I strongly prefer this model to the "odds are super low no matter how many times you do it" model of breeding, but I'm choosing to play this game anyway.

I'm more just putting that information out there about how much time it takes to do it for free so that others might be able to set their expectations reasonably.

Fashion Designer
    Didn't finish it, one acct was stuck on lvl 28, the other 2 were stuck on lvl 25. Trying so hard at least to get 1 on either one off acct but none.
    I never missed any dragons from the tournament of dragon story, but tourney here is harder than DS. I already play from the very first day of tourney, well minus sleeping time, cooking time, feeding my kids, etc. maybe I just need to go back on DS only........
    ~o~Feel free to add me on Fantasy Forest And Farm Story 2~o~

Quote Originally Posted by bluefoxcrystal View Post
    I really hope they give it back to us How do we get ahold of support? I've never done it before... Good luck tho! and congrats to everyone who got this creature!
    You can email them at support@teamlava.com. Be sure to include your storm8 ID, the game this is about, and a summary of what happened. I'd also include your screenshot of winning the treebra. You'll get a generic auto-reply first and it might take them a while to process it but hopefully they'll give us our missing animals. If not, I'm definitely not spending any gems on a tournament again. Good luck!

@xxxe: I'll post on this message board if I get a response

Fashion Designer
    I don't particularly wish it was easier.... And I did know the obligation going in. I did refer to making sense of the battle grounds and I did obsessively scan the win stories that were posted. I did battle at least 8-10 times on most days. I do think one additional day would open up the tournament for more winners, I would have been one for sure if I'd had 12 more hours. but I think the time frame is calculated so that we must use those gems.

So, no, not looking for pity or an injustice party. My post was just my story of my experiment of not using gems to ultimate attack as I had used in previous tourneys. That's what gems are for. I played as obsessively as I could, and could have won the treebra if I had used a couple of ultimate attacks and speeded on the second to the last day. I had enough gems to do those things.

My post is for posterity I guess, to note that a player who plays obsessively, reads all related posts but plays
    without gem animals,
    without using gems,
    who has to work at a job where hourly visits to the game are not possible, and
    Has a life where hourly visits are not probable for more than 10 in a day
    Has no chance to succeed in a tournament.

Rhino Keeper
    Sooo frustrating, I'm not even at the lvl to get this and I'm going to miss out on it

Quote Originally Posted by xxxe View Post
    I always take a screen shot of the Victory picture like up above and take a picture of the animal in my storage just incase it disappears. I have heard people on almost every tournament losing their animals. I hope you guys get them back! I would be so upset after all that hard work. Let me know what happens please.
    TL responded to my request and added the treebra to my storage this morning 😃 I hope the same happened for anyone else whose treebra went missing. Thank you TL support!

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344