Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collecting Gold from Treasure Dragons

Fashion Designer

Collecting Gold from Treasure Dragons

I have had a Goldleaf Dragon in Epic form for several months now and it only produces 4 gold a day...I wasn't even aware it is supposed to give 5 until just now. I just purchased 2 new treasure dragons and wanted to know if there is a trick to collecting all 5 gold per day. Any help would be great! Thanks!

Executive Chef
    I've heard you need to collect your gold every 24 hrs minimum. If you only collect 3 gold, that's it for the day...I think

Nightclub Owner
    I have an Epic Goldleaf Dragon and I usually collect 2 gold in the morning, and then 1 at a time for the rest of the day. I tried to wait the 24 hours and collect all 5 at once but I just don't have that kind of self-control

I just bought the other gold dragons on sale so will have 6 total after they're done hatching. Once I get them to Epic (which will take forever ) I will have to collect multiple times a day. You are only allowed to have 3 habitats so have to double up dragons. Since the max capacity it will hold is 5 per day, I'll lose out if I don't collect it as its produced.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    I have an Epic Goldleaf Dragon and I usually collect 2 gold in the morning, and then 1 at a time for the rest of the day. I tried to wait the 24 hours and collect all 5 at once but I just don't have that kind of self-control

I just bought the other gold dragons on sale so will have 6 total after they're done hatching. Once I get them to Epic (which will take forever ) I will have to collect multiple times a day. You are only allowed to have 3 habitats so have to double up dragons. Since the max capacity it will hold is 5 per day, I'll lose out if I don't collect it as its produced.
    I have a Gilded at epic, I cannot control myself when it comes to collect gold, but I decided to test something, and when well, and now I only do that, on the Reminders app, I have a every day reminder, for example, my reminder is called "Gold" and it bips at 3pm, I go to the game, collect the gold, and then, I edit the reminder to add only 5 more minutes to the timer, so If I collect the gold between 3pm and 3:04pm, in the next day I will be able to collect more 5 gold at 3:05pm, I do this every day, and I kinda start to forget that I have the Gold Dragon and need to collect everyday, this happens because I have a reminder that tells me to collect the gold

And know I will do this at the same time, with my Goldleaf that I want to put him also on Epic

Now that you have or will have 6 gold dragons, I already read about having 2 dragons in the same habitat, so this is what I have read:

"5 gold per day means 1 gold per 4.8hrs, if you collect every 12hrs you only get 4 gold with 2 epic dragons
    It's better to collect every 10 hours (4.8 x2)"

Hope this helps you, and if you start to use the reminder app ahah

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cocauina View Post
    "5 gold per day means 1 gold per 4.8hrs, if you collect every 12hrs you only get 4 gold with 2 epic dragons
    It's better to collect every 10 hours (4.8 x2)"
    Have you actually tried this? I can get 5 gold every 12 hours for 2 dragon/5 gold habitats.

Nightclub Owner
    Hmmm, thanks so much for the advice cocauina. I have a ways to go before my gold dragons are at the 5 per day rate but have been thinking about what's the best strategy once I get there. Perhaps I'll try what rosewaterlily mentions and collect at 10 AM and 10 PM only.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewaterlily View Post
    Have you actually tried this? I can get 5 gold every 12 hours for 2 dragon/5 gold habitats.
    Nop, never tried, I only have 2 gold dragons, 1 in habitat another one in nest.

Every 10hrs you collect 4 gold, if you wait 12hrs, you collect 5, but you lost the 2 gold from the other dragon, so this means that only 1 dragon contributes to the fifty gold instead of both.

This is a weird thing with the times to collect, but if you collect only from one habitat with 2 dragons, every 12hrs, the time will always be the same, 2 times every day, this means 60/62 collects every month, 300/310 gold every month, but if you collect every 10hrs, the time will change every day, sometimes will be more than 2 times a day, this means 71/74 collects every month, 355/370 gold every month.
    Last edited by cocauina; 12-01-14 at 02:18 PM.

Fashion Designer
    I am still confused...I collect 1 gold every 5 hours during the day...(approx. 8-9 a.m. To Midnight) and there is only 1 gold waiting for me in the morning. Is there any way to get all 5 gold with 2 dragons in the habitat? Thanks!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by laurelsail View Post
    I am still confused...I collect 1 gold every 5 hours during the day...(approx. 8-9 a.m. To Midnight) and there is only 1 gold waiting for me in the morning. Is there any way to get all 5 gold with 2 dragons in the habitat? Thanks!
    You only have 1 gold because you don't wait the correct time.

With a lvl 10 dragon you need to collect every 24hrs so you have 5 gold, but if you have 2 lvl 10 dragons in one habitat, you can collect every 12hrs an have 5 gold and only one dragon contributes to the fifty gold and the sixty gold is lost, or you collect every 10hrs and collect 4 gold.

You need to wait more time, collecting 1 gold every 5hrs, it doesn't help, because every time you collecet gold, the timer of the dragon(s) to produce the gold, is reseted, so instead of you collect after 10hrs and have 4 gold, you collect 5hrs, and another 5hrs, you will only get 1 gold every 5hrs.

With this dragons, TL only puts the first gold in the beginning, the rest of the gold normally is added when the correct collect time to be collected is near.

Executive Chef
    You get 5 gold every 24 hours per dragon. With one dragon in the 5 gold habitat you can collect one gold every 24/5 hours aka 4 hours 48 minutes, two gold every 9 hours 36 minutes, three gold if you wait 14 hours 24 minutes, and four gold at 19 hours 12 minutes, and 5 gold at 24 hours.

With two dragons in one habitat, it's one gold every 2 hours 24 minutes, so two gold if you wait 4 hours 48 minutes, three gold at 7 hours 12 minutes, four gold at 9 hours 36 minutes, five gold at 12 hours and then the habitat maxes out for the current treasure terrace. If you have any of the old habitats that hold ten gold, extrapolate 1 more gold every additional 2 hours 24 minutes until 10 gold at 24 hours.

Your options for not losing extra gold are:
    1.Collect all habitats every 4 hours 48 minutes (when the collect sign shows up in the 2 dragon/5 gold habitat) during the day and 9 hours 36 minutes over night.
    2. Collect all habitats with two dragons every 12 hours and habitats with one dragon every 24 hours.

ETA: All the above assumes your dragons are epic.
    Last edited by rosewaterlily; 12-01-14 at 05:29 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast