Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Waiting for the parts is ****ING this game

Thumbs down Waiting for the parts is ****ING this game

I was excited when RS2 comes out.. but after playing a while i feel like giving up. Waiting for the workman to come in and give the part really takes all the fun away. I wish it can be like the old game where neighbors can help each other by gifting parts (which I dun even know what neighbors' "mystery" gifts to me are, and I have no way to find out, and no idea how it helps in the game). It is so hard to progress in the game when EVERYTHING needs parts to build.

I definitely think TL can do better than this. There is not point making the game so difficult if your objective is out to make money by forcing us to purchase gems to get the parts. It will only backfire and u will lose players.

Pls do something before that happens.

Farm Supplier
    I agree that the construction worker ****s the game. Every time I get him, he only drops nails. I need blue prints. I get that it makes the game challenging but I'm starting to get board.

Executive Chef
    Yep! I'm stuck. Can't upgrade my storage or amount of items available so I'm stuck having to only get a few items at a time. When the newness of this game runs out in a week or so, I'm not going to want to sit and stare at the game so I can collect an egg every few minutes.

New Resident
    I don't know if I am missing something... is the construction guy the only way to get blueprints, nails, and wood? I am really not wild about having to stare at a "casual" game and hope the construction guy walks in.

What makes this game mechanic even worse is the dozens of times he walks in but leaves because the tables are full. I am averaging 1 out of 3 times he shows up where he can actually be seated. I have used all my available tables/chairs. All the other games have a clear way to get an item. Things might be random drops, but I don't have to stare at them and hope there is room in order to get a chance at the random drop I need.

If there is a way to get this stuff (without buying gems), please let me know. If not, consider improving this aspect of the game.
    Last edited by GoldLore; 12-26-14 at 06:02 PM.

I did some calculation today. With the cost of gems in mind, to purchase 4 virtual potatoes to make stew would cost more than if I went to my local grocery store and bought 4 potatoes to make stew for my husband!

Rhino Keeper
    Hey everyone, thanks for your feedback - we'll take this into consideration!

I wanted to shed a little light on how this mechanic works right now. Cid the Construction Worker will show up as frequently as every 30 minutes. After a couple hours, he's much more likely to arrive very quickly. Hope this helps for now.

Thanks!
    TeamLava Game Designer
    I'm happy to answer questions about Castle Story, Restaurant Story 2, and Fairy Tale Wonderland!

RS 2 parts cost more than the real thing!

I'm sure most of us spend gems on the game once in a while to advance the play. Things in RS2 move so slowly, I'm tempted to buy the ingredients I need to make the recipes so I can level up -which takes FOREVER, by the way. I calculated, figuring the cost of buying gems from TL, it would cost me more to buy four virtual potatoes than it would if I bought the real thing from my local grocery store. While RS2 might be a diversion from stress, it's not worth the real $$ I'd potentially spend just to level up. I think TL could have done a lot better.

How can you get more than 1 item at a time from the market. Buying 1 egg or cheese at a time is kinda ridiculous. You should be able to get 2 or 3 at a time not just one.

New Resident
    @glimmergate,

Have you thought about the drops being automatic whether we are watching or not? On the "While you were away" screen, you could list the drops based on there being food available. Maybe even have specific food entice Cid more or less often? Maybe Cid really like Chicken Alfredo and will drop by every 30 minutes while you are away from the game (as long as your food lasts). Maybe he is not wild about French toast and the spawn rate drops to 45 minutes?

Being a casual game, a lot of the time is spent away from the game while things spawn, grow, cook, build... Having to watch for Cid, hope there is room for him to sit, then click on him sort of defeats the casual part of a casual game.

Thanks for listening.

New Resident
    It sucks all the waiting game.... Every 30 minutes you'll get some nails - wow WHO the hell has time to spend 30 minutes in a row at this game???? Senseless staring at the screen to wait to collect an egg or 2 HOURS(!!!) to collect 1 piece of meat???? I'm gonna delete this game. There is NO fun while playing it

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast