Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Waiting for the parts is ****ING this game

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by gabstarx View Post
    This is were farm story 2 got it right being able to sell your unwanted stuff to neighbours that need or want it this would really help with the parts factor, for the past two weeks all I get from CID is NAILS which has become so frustrating finding myself not playing as much.
    Maybe buying gems to help speed things up wouldn't be so bad if the price of gems weren't such a huge amount like seriously they actually think people will spend that much for a couple of gems your dreaming TL.

I searched for an answer to this problem when I first started playing (about 18months ago). Someone commented that after deleting all or most of their nails/planks, Cid turned up with hammers! I was quite sceptical, but desperate to level up without gems so trashed my spares down to 10 per piece. Cid started dropping hammers!

I recently hit a hammer/spade dry spell with 2-3 months of nothing, so tried this method again yesterday. Cid has since dropped 2 spades and 3 hammers! It doesn't seem like a coincidence.

Good luck to anyone who is brave enough to try this!

New Resident
    *Sigh*

This thread is 3 years old and still far too relevant. I've been playing the game for 6 days and I'm already very frustrated with Cid. I got a quest to expand again and I've been waiting 4-5 days for the two darn planks. Now I have a SECOND quest (first one still isn't done) telling me to expand (not to mention quests for the garden and some other food supply thing that I can't unlock because I need two more expansions). I have 5 blueprints, 14 nails (not counting the 6 I spent last night) and ONE plank. That's not 1:5 and it's not just bad luck or "due to a small sample size" because there's countless posts in this - and other - threads here all complaining about a lack of planks.

The timers on everything (and the awkward way they fail to line up overall) irked me a bit at first, but I came to like this game anyway. However, this is a 3-year-old issue that would probably already have been addressed if they were ever going to do so. Worse yet, posts from high level players indicate that it only gets worse/more frustrating as you progress through the game... so I can't help feeling like I should just delete it now and find a different game to play.

I don't understand the complete failure to adjust this glaring flaw of poor parts distribution. You have to sit there and wait for a guy and then when he comes, you almost never get the part you actually need? Lame. Plenty of viable suggestions have been made here for how to improve the parts system, too. Storm8 folks have commented to let us know that the company is listening... but listening and actually caring are clearly two different things .

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718