Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Waiting for the parts is ****ING this game

Quote Originally Posted by dalexxx View Post
    builder came in my resto and left because all the seats were occupied. whats up with that?

Wait for the builder to come again? :: 3
    Yea, I went to buy another basic table & it went up again!!!!! It was $150, then it went to $190 and now it's $220!!! OMG why is the price going up all the time!!!!

This is getting really frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by fenrost View Post
    in comparison, restaurant story 1 was simpler, you know if you cook a recipe for XX hours, it's within to serve XX*2 hours otherwise the food expires, also spare parts/tools from neighbours.. on the other hand, restaurant story 2 has created more complexity -

1) waiting for the food to cook. [ can be expedited if you're lucky to random in receiving quick serve from neighbours ]
    2) waiting for the gold as the food get served
    2) waiting for ingredients to restock
    3) waiting for tools to drop
    4) waiting for appliances to complete
    4) waiting to learn new recipe
    5) waiting for shop expansion
    6) waiting and more waiting.

all the timing on waiting are erratic, it's just excruciating to manage and forces player to check the game like a maniac.
    Agree --- Waiting, waiting, waiting!!! How can that be fun??!!?? It's not!
    Last edited by meme1098; 12-29-14 at 11:25 AM.

This game has a lot of potential but the blind gifting is ridiculous. We should be able to request specific items we need. Also, the idea of waiting on a random Santa Claus construction worker for parts is preposterous. My holidays end next week And it's back to work I will not have time to play the waiting game any longer.

Fashion Designer
    I'm on the verge of deleting this game too. I totally agree with the other posts. There is way too much 'waiting'.

I have the garden to build and the marketplace. Both require planks. As I'm home at the moment I have time to go on the game every few hours. In the last two days I've gotten ONE plank, loads of nails and garlic!!! I need 8 planks!!!! At his rate it's going to take two weeks to build these. My goals have come to a standstill because I can't build what is required.

I'm on level 16 and can't keep food on my counters for more than an hour. Does it get any better as you level up?

Executive Chef
    Yeah the amount of nails relative to the extremely low drop rate of planks is crazy. I have one plank and nineteen nails. And even if I were willing to buy a plank with gems here and there, I don't have enough coins because the servings are so low that I hardly make any money, and the money I do make goes into learning new recipes. The newest one I'm learning cost 7400 coins! To expand the shops to three slots, which is a minimum requirement for many recipes if you don't want to wait around for hours of restocking takes tens of thousands of coins I don't have. I also can't make dishes on all my appliances at once due to having to wait hours for ingredients to restock, so that hurts my coin making ability as well. Needing both parts and coins to expand everything is not right at all.

So the game requires us to both wait around logged in to wait for the construction worker but also won't allow us to play while logged in because the waiting for restock doesn't allow us to cook anything other than the minimal recipes that give very few coins and servings on three stoves, while the other appliances all have meat/sugar/vegetable recipes and aren't usable for long periods of time due to the waiting for restocking.

I don't understand the restocking waiting thing. It just doesn't make sense if you can only hold X amount in your basket to begin with. There's a stock limit anyway so why wait on ingredients???? Can't cook because of it. So my stoves stay idle most of the time waiting on ingredients to be available

Rhino Keeper
    Well i dont know if it has just been my lucky day or what, but i have had a bunch of Cids. I think I got 2 boards today and a gem and some nails.

I had high hopes for RS2, but my hopes have not been met.......this game is so frustrating, takes too long, visiting the butcher, general store......incredibly irritating....all over the place.....so disappointed.......consequently I have deleted it.......a complete waste of my time....

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by clothespeg View Post
    I had high hopes for RS2, but my hopes have not been met.......this game is so frustrating, takes too long, visiting the butcher, general store......incredibly irritating....all over the place.....so disappointed.......consequently I have deleted it.......a complete waste of my time....
    I'm getting close to deleting it too. I'm just playing for the gems I'll get in other games.

I really wanted to love it.
    I am not looking for new neighbours in Restaurant or Bakery Story. Please do not send invites.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetypies97 View Post
    I'm getting close to deleting it too. I'm just playing for the gems I'll get in other games.

I really wanted to love it.
    I thought it would be fun too but the constant waiting on grocery items is ****ing the game. I can't cook cuz I have to wait on items to be ready, I can't upgrade the general store or butcher cuz I'm waiting on parts from Bob the Builder, I can't make money if I cant cook waiting on ingredients. It's a never ending circle of waiting.
    I saw a level 12 or something yesterday with all new flooring, walls , maybe 2 expansions, some decor!!! How is this possible when I can't even get my coin count higher than 3,000?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    I thought it would be fun too but the constant waiting on grocery items is ****ing the game. I can't cook cuz I have to wait on items to be ready, I can't upgrade the general store or butcher cuz I'm waiting on parts from Bob the Builder, I can't make money if I cant cook waiting on ingredients. It's a never ending circle of waiting.
    I saw a level 12 or something yesterday with all new flooring, walls , maybe 2 expansions, some decor!!! How is this possible when I can't even get my coin count higher than 3,000?
    Lots and lots and lots and lotttttttttttttttts of grilled cheese? :P

I am level 15 and I have been saving for the Diner Oven for... well this is my third day.

When it first unlocked, it seemed impossible. I was like $17,000???? But after much cooking, I should be able to afford it today. I just hit $15,000.

It's obnoxious though, because there is other stuff I want to buy/unlock also, and it's all so expensive. I need $8,000 for the spice station, $8,000 for my 3rd expansion (which unlocks the garden), $1,700 to unlock flour, $2,200 to unlock broccoli, $2,800 to learn stew, $2,200 to learn carrot cake, $1,700 to learn sugar cookies, $3,000 to learn omelette, $3,700 to learn chicken casserole... UGH!!!!! Also some of the pointless quests are so expensive. I have one currently that wants me to spend my precious gold on stupid blue walls and floors. WHY? I just paid for red ones? UGH!!!!!!!

I have my 3 stoves and 2 commercial stoves going all day long, even if it's just stupid recipes like french toast and grilled cheese. I tend to make a lot of raviolis, too. I try to save my beef and not making burgers with it - I like to do two 6-hour french dips at a time on my commercial ovens, or I do steak and eggs. I think I am making about $5,000-$6,000 per day at my current rate, based on the $15,000 I have managed to save for the oven. (I have had the game open a LOT though, and I cannot keep playing at this pace. I am hoping once I get my oven I can bake some longer recipes and relax a bit. We shall see...)
    Last edited by Aernak; 12-30-14 at 08:55 AM.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast