Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You have got to be kidding me !!!!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by rhiv View Post
    They won't do anything. I wrote an email to support because my game crashed and I lost an entire grand electric enclave along with three animals that were in it when I tried to move it. The same week I also bought the toucan on sale, accelerated its incubation time, and also rushed the habitat, and it disappeared and the habitat went back to being unfinished but the gems were gone. I bought it (the toucan) again because I didn't want to miss the sale. When I got a reply today, it basically said to try restarting my device and the game which of course I already did when all of this happened in the first place. It then went on to say the following:

"After you've done this, please restart the app. Your game should be displaying the correct progress now.
    Unfortunately, we are unable to restore any lost coins, items, or collectables during Sync Errors. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience."

Um, I paid money for these things you're saying you're unable to restore and I'm pretty irritated that they won't even reimburse me the gems I lost or even try to restore the things that disappeared. I don't think I will be playing this game anymore, and I'm really sorry I ever spent money on it. So disappointed.

Good luck to you all, hope you get something back, but unfortunately don't keep your hopes up because it doesn't seem that TL cares much about customers getting what they even paid for, much less the things that are free.
    Actually I really think you should start your own thread about this. This is NOT cool and should be publicized.

New Resident
    Unfortunately I used ****** so I'm not entirely sure how to go about getting my money back. If you want I can send the entire email "thread" to you, if you're keeping record for any reason. Message me your email address and I'll forward it. They didn't respond to half of my complaints at all, and it really seems like they didn't even read my email. I'm so frustrated, I hate being *****ed out of money. Because really this is actually theft. Some suits over online games like Second Life have already set a precedent, virtual goods that cost money are still goods that must be delivered. Ugh.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by readysetgo888 View Post
    Actually I really think you should start your own thread about this. This is NOT cool and should be publicized.
    Where? Feedback? Barely anyone goes to that section of the forums. I want more people to see this, so no one else gets scammed out of money like me, but I don't want to put anything in the wrong section of the forums so that TL has an excuse to remove my complaints.

Executive Chef
    Where? Feedback? Barely anyone goes to that section of the forums. I want more people to see this, so no one else gets scammed out of money like me, but I don't want to put anything in the wrong section of the forums so that TL has an excuse to remove my complaints.
    No post it here. This is where others will see it. You can PM me the message thread if you'd like (should be able to if you click on my username).

I believe you can get ****** involved although they are less likely to help than a credit card... still worth doing though.

I had a post in a thread earlier today talking about TL's awful customer service removed for "being off-topic". But if you start your own thread it can't be off-topic right?

And yeah, of course they can give you back your animals, gems, and habitats. THEY ARE FREAKIN VIRTUAL. THEY CAN GIVE YOU AS MANY AS THEY WANT. I'd be so mad. I'm so mad on your behalf.

New Resident
    No post it here. This is where others will see it. You can PM me the message thread if you'd like (should be able to if you click on my username).

I believe you can get ****** involved although they are less likely to help than a credit card... still worth doing though.

I had a post in a thread earlier today talking about TL's awful customer service removed for "being off-topic". But if you start your own thread it can't be off-topic right?

And yeah, of course they can give you back your animals, gems, and habitats. THEY ARE FREAKIN VIRTUAL. THEY CAN GIVE YOU AS MANY AS THEY WANT. I'd be so mad. I'm so mad on your behalf.
    You know what, you're right. It's worth a shot. Seriously, I hope no one else gets scammed out of money like this so why should I just let it slide?

Executive Chef
    You know what, you're right. It's worth a shot. Seriously, I hope no one else gets scammed out of money like this so why should I just let it slide?
    Good for you! Companies are only able to treat customers badly when no one complains and no one makes it public.

New Resident
    Good for you! Companies are only able to treat customers badly when no one complains and no one makes it public.
    They finally got back to me again. I'm waiting to see how this resolves before going public., I do actually want to be fair. However, I'm really annoyed with the advice they keep giving (restart your device and game, reinstall the game, etc (duh tried all that already thats why I emailed in the first place)), and they're arguing with me about what I bought (they're saying there is no record of me buying the enclave for 500 gems. I didn't. I bought it for 150 on the sale. They don't pay attention to emails. So frustrated.)

Executive Chef
    They finally got back to me again. I'm waiting to see how this resolves before going public., I do actually want to be fair. However, I'm really annoyed with the advice they keep giving (restart your device and game, reinstall the game, etc (duh tried all that already thats why I emailed in the first place)), and they're arguing with me about what I bought (they're saying there is no record of me buying the enclave for 500 gems. I didn't. I bought it for 150 on the sale. They don't pay attention to emails. So frustrated.)
    Oh man that's just terrible... I'd post it if I were you.... if enough people read your story they may fix it for you just so you will post a positive experience LOL.

I mean I honestly have seen so many examples of their awful customer service.... This is the #1 thing that bothers me about the game and makes me spend far less money than I might otherwise.

I posted this in a thread earlier today and it was removed for being off topic, but I think it's relevant to this thread:

I can and do find a lot of fault with companies that have lousy customer service. Without those customers, they wouldn't make money and yet TL couldn't make it clearer that they don't care. I don't want to go into tons of detail with specific examples, but I definitely have them - and I'm not talking about them ignoring the "more trees of life for free!!!!" type posts as I understand why those are ignored. Ok, I'll give one example. The update before the world event made the game unplayable on my older phone.... NO warning before I updated. I contacted TL AS SOON as it happened and received a response 4 DAYS LATER that amounted to "sorry, we don't care. Uhhhh restart the game?" Because of this I lost valuable time on the world event and so did many other players. The appropriate thing to do would have been to compensate those players with extra pumpkins, but they couldn't be bothered.

I think anyone who has played TL games knows that "couldn't be bothered" is often the attitude to the very real concerns that their PAYING customers have. And sorry, I don't think there is any good excuse for lousy customer service, even if a business can treat their customers like **** and still make a profit.

I would be much happier paying to play this game if I felt like there was SOLID customer service there to help me out should there be any issues. Seeing how they've handled the issues in just the three months I've been playing FFS, I know there is not.

This doesn't even address the issue of whether or not the game is fair for all players. That's pretty much impossible to prove or disprove based on anecdotal evidence. I have my suspicions, but I can definitely tell you, if TL's customer service was there, I'd be less hesitant to spend money.

Otherwise yes, they are a business and deserve to make money. I do wish that the money grabbing wasn't so blatantly in our faces at times, but that is quite typical for every phone game out there right now.

New Resident
    Oh man that's just terrible... I'd post it if I were you.... if enough people read your story they may fix it for you just so you will post a positive experience LOL.

I mean I honestly have seen so many examples of their awful customer service.... This is the #1 thing that bothers me about the game and makes me spend far less money than I might otherwise.

I posted this in a thread earlier today and it was removed for being off topic, but I think it's relevant to this thread:

I can and do find a lot of fault with companies that have lousy customer service. Without those customers, they wouldn't make money and yet TL couldn't make it clearer that they don't care. I don't want to go into tons of detail with specific examples, but I definitely have them - and I'm not talking about them ignoring the "more trees of life for free!!!!" type posts as I understand why those are ignored. Ok, I'll give one example. The update before the world event made the game unplayable on my older phone.... NO warning before I updated. I contacted TL AS SOON as it happened and received a response 4 DAYS LATER that amounted to "sorry, we don't care. Uhhhh restart the game?" Because of this I lost valuable time on the world event and so did many other players. The appropriate thing to do would have been to compensate those players with extra pumpkins, but they couldn't be bothered.

I think anyone who has played TL games knows that "couldn't be bothered" is often the attitude to the very real concerns that their PAYING customers have. And sorry, I don't think there is any good excuse for lousy customer service, even if a business can treat their customers like **** and still make a profit.

I would be much happier paying to play this game if I felt like there was SOLID customer service there to help me out should there be any issues. Seeing how they've handled the issues in just the three months I've been playing FFS, I know there is not.

This doesn't even address the issue of whether or not the game is fair for all players. That's pretty much impossible to prove or disprove based on anecdotal evidence. I have my suspicions, but I can definitely tell you, if TL's customer service was there, I'd be less hesitant to spend money.

Otherwise yes, they are a business and deserve to make money. I do wish that the money grabbing wasn't so blatantly in our faces at times, but that is quite typical for every phone game out there right now.
    You want proof they treat different players differently? Look in the bugs/issues forum. Someone else lost an animal (the fire gem pig, ruby razorback I think?) and TL worked with them to resolve the issue. Meanwhile for me, even though I had a similar issue, they're just kind of figuratively shrugging. I also didn't receive the "rewards" for a tournament match (and I was especially annoyed because it was one of the 3 lightning rewards) and so far mum's the word on that one. Seriously, TL sucks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12