Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Friday Deals!

Rhino Keeper
    Guys chill out... It's just a game and we all know teamlava doesnt care about us from long time ago, they are just hungry dogs to have any money from gems..

Quote Originally Posted by PepperWoo View Post
    You're breaking my heart with the barista counter talk. If TL would give us a chance to purchase any one, just one, LTO that we like, I'd shout the Barista Counter without even batting an eyelid. I missed it for two years straight so I was eagerly hoping to buy it this time but sighhhh.
    Im with you, thats all I wanted all year long! Two years ago I wasnt playing, last year I didnt know about the black friday so I missed it. This year I really expected to get it, goes so well with the coffee goal prize, and is a real item for a bakery!!! But no!!! They put a piano
    Waiting for goals at FS since 2013

Just wow, what a dissapointment!

I forgot what the barista counter looked like, lol. Anyway, I would've liked to have seen the items already in the market, discounted. But that's just me. I did buy a few things but still have gems to spend. Oh well, I'll just save up for next year.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by electrikbarbarella View Post
    Perhaps it was a calculated business strategy. Drive up excitement & buying interest in BF gem sales by putting up a poll thread discussing popular items, then make the actual sale less than expected to drive up box sales. We can't see actual sales numbers for TL, so maybe the strategy paid off - not in sales of the sale items but gem & box sales. Maybe the "check back all weekend" teaser left the door open for TL to add more sale items if the strategy wasn't successful. Just a thought...
    Finally!! Someone thinking from the business side of the situation. I just don't understand why people get so disappointed when we all know that it's really just all about the Benjamin's!! Come on folks! I haven't seen TL do much for the customers really..oh, maybe a few things...but nothing truly significant. Ya'll need to quit spending your money on this game and start buying things that really benefit you..clothes, jewelry, and household electronics, furniture, etc...long after this game is finally closed down, that stuff will still exist in your home..The cyber bakery and all your goodies..WILL BE LONG GONE!
    Last edited by Jeldon2864; 11-29-14 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by Jeldon2864 View Post
    Finally!! Someone thinking from the business side of the situation. I just don't understand why people get so disappointed when we all know that it's reall just all about the Benjamin's!! Come one folks! I haven't seen TL do much for the customers really..oh, maybe a few things...but nothing truly significant. Ya'll need to quit spending your money on this game and start buying things that really benefit you..clothes, jewelry, and household electronics, furniture, etc...long after this game is finally closed down, that stuff will still exist in your home..The cyber bakery and all your goodies..WILL BE LONG GONE!
    True! This year I didnt buy gems when I saw the poor offering of LTOs, so I spend my money on food for my new foster dog!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by irlanda_c View Post
    True! This year I didnt buy gems when I saw the poor offering of LTOs, so I spend my money on food for my new foster dog!
    That's what I'm talking about!! That dog will appreciate you much more then TL ever could or would. :-)

Executive Chef
    Interesting theory.

I would have thought the ultimate goal was to increase gem sales. What difference does it make whether customers spend those gems on Black Friday sales or boxes or not at all? Once you've bought the gems, the money is already in their pocket so why should they care when and how you spend it (also remember those strategically built-in gem traps).

I can assure you that I personally didn't prematurely buy a gem package until I saw what was on offer because I knew it was guaranteed they were going to have a gem sale to go with BF sales anyway. I'm sure a few others players thought the same. In the end, I bought no extra gems because I didn't need to, so no money from me for TL.

Also, fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice? Shame on me. I can guarantee that customers aren't stupid. They will remember this and for any new customers who are strategic and smart, will find these forums and threads and see what a rubbish, misleading calculated move TL made and hopefully they get no money from these new players either. There will be no excitement for BF sales next year after this. When a new poll gets put out, all the long term players today will be expressing what a terrible BF sale 2014 was and this new poll is just a waste of time and not bother getting their hopes up.

As for the terrible use of wording in their advertising, that's just bad Marketing. And in the end, it will come back to bite them, maybe not this year, not next year but eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by electrikbarbarella View Post
    Perhaps it was a calculated business strategy. Drive up excitement & buying interest in BF gem sales by putting up a poll thread discussing popular items, then make the actual sale less than expected to drive up box sales. We can't see actual sales numbers for TL, so maybe the strategy paid off - not in sales of the sale items but gem & box sales. Maybe the "check back all weekend" teaser left the door open for TL to add more sale items if the strategy wasn't successful. Just a thought...
    Last edited by filochick1982; 11-29-14 at 11:40 AM.

Erm, did anyone get another gem sales? The usual 20% or 30% gem sales type.
    ★ MiNiDeMoN ★
    ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ Always expect the unexpected to happen in TeamLavaLand.✿◕ ‿ ◕✿
    Proud member of the 0 Star Club!
    ❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡
    > Sorry, no longer accept neighbor currently. All invitation will be declined. < Thank you!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by minidemon88 View Post
    Erm, did anyone get another gem sales? The usual 20% or 30% gem sales type.
    I have a 30% off gem sale in Fashion.