Page 24 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Friday Deals!

Fashion Designer
    items that were prematurely removed are back up again

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTurtle View Post
    The ones with 21 hours are new items for Saturday!
    Huh.. but they're not new items! You had those items on sale yesterday.

Executive Chef
    When you design something for a company, you are automatically giving them the intellectual property rights of those designs because you've been paid for your services so I don't believe that's the reason we didn't get the older LTOs.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewaterlily View Post
    I'm guessing last year's Black Friday with so many desirable first place items available may have led players to save their gems all year rather than spend them on boxes or other gem items, which definitely doesn't not put money in TL's pocketbooks. Heck, I didn't open one box since the last Black Friday because I thought there was a possibility that the items would be available out of the box and maybe many other people felt the same and box sales went way down the past calendar year. Thus, this year, we got left over sales to discourage players from saving up for future Black Fridays.

As for the non-box LTOs we want (most of which are from more than two years ago), maybe the people who designed those items no longer work at TL, and they don't want to pay people who don't work there anymore for use of their designs. And thus those things will never come back no matter how many people on the forums want them. Although they did bring back the breakfast buffet from way back then but at a huge price that not many people were willing to pay. I don't think we've gotten any gem LTOs since then. RS keeps getting them, as well as discounts on boxes, perhaps because sales on their 70 gem LTO went a lot better than on bakery. Just speculating. There's a lot of behind the scene stuff we don't know that impacts their decision making.

I'm still going to keep dreaming that the Lotus Fountain will magically re-appear one day though!
    It doesn't work like that, the designs being kept from customers because the designers are no longer with the company. It can only work like that if the designers were freelance and had copyright protection to their designs, which also wouldn't happen because Team Lava/Storm 8 were using those designs. So most likely the company owns everything the designers/staff makes for the games, as well as the code for the apps, etc.

This still doesn't explain the complete lack of communication from TL and the mods (especially since mods were over at farm story I believe someone mentioned?) And it also doesn't explain the lack of chairs or why the sales started on Thursday and not Friday like advertised.. It's all very wishy-washy and suspicious to me. But I'm a pretty skeptical person anyway, lol.

happy14344, you keep saying it and you couldn't be more right! Players are DEMANDING items, willing to pay GEMS for them (which you most likely have to buy eventually), so why doesn't Team Lava start acting like a normal company and SUPPLY the players with the content they want? It's basic economics. If there was no demand for this game, TL would be bankrupt and just another company people maybe remember every couple of years or so for nostalgia purposes.

FrozenTurtle thank goodness! Can we get some answers? Will there be new items that haven't already been in the game all year for sale, other than the ones we just had thursday/friday? Can you give us any information on Cyber Monday? And why did the sales start on Thursday anyway? And WHERE OH WHERE please tell us where the chairs for the holiday tables are, that is my most important question! lol
    Last edited by sls0991; 11-29-14 at 01:03 AM.

Executive Chef
    No they're not new items. These have been available since Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTurtle View Post
    The ones with 21 hours are new items for Saturday!

Farm Supplier
    The Bakery Story just reset. So I guess theres no new item. What a ****ty black friday sale. Time to quit, Id rather pay for World of Warcraft subscription.
    Last edited by SylvanasWindrunner; 11-29-14 at 01:06 AM.
    Please bring back TEA TIME KETTLE

Quote Originally Posted by snlps View Post
    Thanks! But how about on fashion story???
    The items for Bakery Story (also Restaurant Story and Farm Story) were removed as scheduled, but the timer was displaying incorrectly. Because of our mistake, those items were added back for another 4 hours to account for the discrepancy with the displayed timer. Fashion Story displayed the correct timer, so unfortunately, we won't be able to extend those items. Sorry about that!

Fashion Designer
    So is that a no to new saturday items then, because I don't see any in my game yet..

Perhaps giving back the 4 hours is delaying the Saturday's items being released. Maybe we should just wait a couple of hours and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by sls0991 View Post
    So is that a no to new saturday items then, because I don't see any in my game yet..
    The Saturday items were released just over 4 hours ago:

Holiday Tree
    Farmer's Bread Stand
    Digital Register
    Candy Cane Table
    Snowball Fight

Not as many as for Black Friday, but we hope you enjoy!