Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Friday Deals!

I guess I am one of the few who feels that TL, while I have my issues, actually does somewhat of a great job. No other game I play do they update it weekly with new content. Do I spend money on this game? Not really, maybe I catch a sale if I really like the content. Do I plan on it, not really. The gems I have, I get from ovens. While I am happy with maybe 1 update a month, that's still a plus for me to continue. I'm actually happy I stuck with the game and have some of the LTOs that newer players do not. It grinds my gears to see how hard I worked at goal, just to have others pay for it. I rarely see any bakeries with heavy gem and box prizes. I often wonder how many of those who do a lot of complaining on this forum actually spend a good amount of money on the content. If you don't like it, save your money and wait for next week, geez.

Executive Chef
    20% off gem sale and EXACT same items

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by LalaSmooth View Post
    Yep. I did notice that on mine ( IOS ) that the tables, at least, are higher gems than they were on Friday.

Fashion Designer
    The promotion popup said NEW sales. Pathetic TL. But companies that lie to customers, it's not something new so I expected this. Pretty sad when you have to expect lies...

Farm Supplier
    I believe I will just wait until afternoon/evening to check on the sales again. Updates typically occur around then for my device. Maybe there will be something more, but if not, I will make use of my gems anyway by purchasing more holiday decor. Good night everyone!

Farm Supplier
    "Black Friday was so worth the wait!" said no one.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LavaRain8 View Post
    What? Today is Sunday though. Wouldn't they bring out the new stuff tomorrow? Unless I'm misunderstanding your post...
    They rolled the update 4 hours early, just like last Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Don't you see anything different in hour game? The items that were "on sale" yesterday are gone now and replaced by these so-called exclusive cyber monday items.

Quote Originally Posted by sls0991 View Post
    The promotion popup said NEW sales. Pathetic TL. But companies that lie to customers, it's not something new so I expected this. Pretty sad when you have to expect lies...
    Quote Originally Posted by LalaSmooth View Post

This has to be a joke right? Or some kind of malfunction in the coding that didn't bring out the right items... like the "inaccurate timer" incident on Friday. They can't possibly have intended to release the same awful items that pretty much NO ONE wants or has asked for instead of the items that EVERYONE has been saying they will spend a bunch of money on...

Did they even look at the Black Friday Wishlist thread or the Limited Releases Thread??!!

Where is the: Truffle Chair, Fairy Grotto, Barista Counter, Pastel Bar, Fairy Kitchen, Candy Dispenser, Candy Carousel, Baker's Square, Autumn Feast, Coffee Bean Display, Pastry Hub, Monster Kitchen/Halloween Items, Gingerbread/Christmas Items, and all of the other items that everyone has been BEGGING for??!!

This makes NO sense. This is my first Black Friday. I spent SO much on gems and I am so disappointed. At least I had a couple items to buy since I wasn't around for them, I can't imagine how much more disappointed older players are.
    Last edited by kittystar1; 11-30-14 at 10:04 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by filochick1982 View Post
    The irony with doing exactly that is that it results in increased revenue for them as a business because people are more likely to purchase gems, and in a timely manner because they're offered as LTOs. Isn't that the ultimate goal - get people to purchase gems? They're not having to create new content, so there's even less work for them to do. Seems like an easy way to make money as far as I'm concerned, and yet, true to form, they reject the opportunity to do so.
    Not necessarily.

I have no idea what their accounts say... but, since people keep saying how TL did the same last year with just raising prices and not including new wanted items for sale etc ...I'm guessing its working for them.
    Many people on the forum say they already bought gems. In anticipation. Maybe that's plenty for TL.
    The buyers will undoubtedly spend those gems on items along the way.....especially with Xmas coming up and by next BF (and probably before) need to buy more gems.
    Also if you give people everything they want immediately, they might lose interest sooner since they got all the stuff they wanted. Give them 20-30% of what was requested, tops 50% and they will continue more easily (except a few rage quitters). That way they keep playing for a long time. Longer time - more money.

Judging by what TL offered that's what I'm guessing they re going with and is working for them.

If people buy gems in advance....you already paid them. If you buy AFTER you made sure its stuff you want, they will need to release items people consider worth purchasing gems for.
    Then again.....there are some games that are solely funded by a few (very rich) people who spend tons in order to get everything( like these rpg type games where you buy weapons, level up etc).

Don't blame TL, blame the consumers. We the people have the power.....its all about HOW we handle things that will decide what we get. (i.e. non animal tested products etc, real life scenario could be: a supermarket just wants low paid temp jobbers, stop buying there....in order to survive they need to change, improve conditions for people (full time secure jobs with benefits) .....etc.)

Money talks. Your actions - how - when - where -you spend it, talks. Be smart! Don't just think of yourself and your convenience, but see the greater picture for the community.
    Last edited by pieandcream; 11-30-14 at 10:34 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by kittystar1 View Post
    This has to be a joke right? Or some kind of malfunction in the coding that didn't bring out the right items... like the "inaccurate timer" incident on Friday. They can't possibly have intended to release the same awful items that pretty much NO ONE wants or has asked for instead of the items that EVERYONE has been saying they will spend a bunch of money on...

Did they even look at the Black Friday Wishlist thread or the Limited Releases Thread??!!

Where is the: Truffle Chair, Fairy Grotto, Barista Counter, Pastel Bar, Fairy Kitchen, Candy Dispenser, Candy Carousel, Baker's Square, Autumn Feast, Coffee Bean Display, Pastry Hub, Monster Kitchen/Halloween Items, Gingerbread/Christmas Items, and all of the other items that everyone has been BEGGING for??!!

This makes NO sense. This is my first Black Friday. I spent SO much on gems and I am so disappointed. At least I had a couple items to buy since I wasn't around for them, I can't imagine how much more disappointed older players are.
    I've been playing for almost two years now and I am BEYOND offended by TL and this complete joke of a sale. Not only did TL lie, but they will never get another dime from me again. I've spent a lot of money on this game. My friends and family always know to get me itunes cards for birthdays and christmas because I'd buy gems and support the game. I told everyone on Friday to forget about the itunes cards, to NEVER gift me one again. Anything else I need those cards for I will buy myself, but never again will I support this company, EVER. It's not difficult to go into the archives and release content that is rotting away and serving no one. I for one would have spent all 800 of my gems this weekend on GOOD items that we have all ASKED for, for over a year! I'm just really angry now that those gems are going to completely go to waste. But hey, I guess I'll have a ton of gems for next year, if I even bother. Time to cut my losses and run.

pieandcream, your reply really makes a lot of sense, and as a business major I have no idea why I didn't realize this before. In order to change something, we need to change ourselves. I'm not going to quit playing this game, because I really do love the game, but I will stop supporting TL by purchasing gems and giving them money. They won't gain a thing if I play and don't buy anything. So there's a win in a way. I still get to play and enjoy the game I love, and they don't get a dime for my time! I'm just very upset for having supported these people and I have every right to be upset, as does anyone else with whatever they feel. I just really like what you said in your post. Opened my eyes you did!
    Last edited by sls0991; 11-30-14 at 10:12 PM.