Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrated breeders

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by keller63 View Post
    Ok, so I have had about 4-5 more plantlers, I finally hit 17 so do 2 rounds at Yule mule but of didn't get the whole 12 done in the 7 hour timer, I expand to lightning leopard and think, I best get ready for next tournament. So I take a break and put skyger in the nest and now have gone back to pandafodil and rock rhino, got a 15hour timer, so fingers crossed its what I've been hoping for. I see other possibilities but if I recall correct I can't breed a sloth? I sure hope not. Doubt I will get pumpkin panda but I'm not too bothered. May mean I can start on Holliday creatures
    Pumpkin Panda is 16 hrs but I think you may have got the Unicornicopia which is 15 hrs and is a super, so that's good too! (unless you have it already). It's definitely not a sloth :-)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by flowless View Post
    I know new year animlas and valantine are next
    Oh gawd. The LAST thing I want is a Valentine's pink hearts animal. I hope that's the next thing. Because I will NOT be trying for one, and it'll give me a much-needed break to try for some of the permanent animals!!!

Rhino Keeper
    Ok I cannot breed a unicornicopia, period. This getting stupid. I know Zenobia has it worse so I will keep my negativity down a bit. SO this is what will happen next. I am now finally at the point where I am giving up trying to have every animal. If the unicornicopia turns limited I will let it go, and the seamure too. I started plating Dragon Story so late that I will never get tons of dragons and I like that. I never buy gems in DS because it does not matter. I am now reaching that point with this game and it has been a long time coming. There is no way to keep up with all of the new animals, let alone the limited ones. So I will just start to try for the ones I want and let the rest be unobtainable. The funny thing is I am the type of player who will pay to have all of the pokemon. However I think I am done chasing geese in FFS. TL just "balanced" out a paying customer, well done!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Petasos View Post
    There is no way to keep up with all of the new animals, let alone the limited ones. So I will just start to try for the ones I want and let the rest be unobtainable.
    This is exactly how I feel.

I am 100% certain that you cannot get every animal in the game without spending a lot of money. It may be that the odds are low enough that this just naturally is what happens, or it may be set up that there are some animals that a particular player is just blocked from getting. Not sure, doesn't really matter.

I've already missed out on a couple tournament prizes and a couple limited animals. Oh well. I'm trying to concentrate now on making time to breed for the ones I really like, rather than worrying about whether a particular animal is going to become limited or not. I think that's a less stressful way to play, and the game has got to stay enjoyable otherwise why bother. From now on I'm not bothering with any new animals unless I really like them. And with TL seeming determined to only give us clones of animals we already have, they're making it easier to not care.

Fashion Designer
    Lol I actually really hope we get a Pink animal for Valentines. Or a super glittery one for New Years. One that looks like a big disco ball? I'm cheesy like that. Oh and I'm commenting on the frustrated breeders thread because my Pumpkin Panda will be gone today and the last chance I had to breed him I got 14 hours. Bummer. I already have gotten 4 of each 14 hour animal. I really wanted the Pumpkin Panda so I could see him take his head off in battles. I thought that was just too cute. Oh well. On to trying for my Crystal Unicorn again. Or maybe the Golden Lion.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Petasos View Post
    Ok I cannot breed a unicornicopia, period. This getting stupid. I know Zenobia has it worse so I will keep my negativity down a bit. SO this is what will happen next. I am now finally at the point where I am giving up trying to have every animal. If the unicornicopia turns limited I will let it go, and the seamure too. I started plating Dragon Story so late that I will never get tons of dragons and I like that. I never buy gems in DS because it does not matter. I am now reaching that point with this game and it has been a long time coming. There is no way to keep up with all of the new animals, let alone the limited ones. So I will just start to try for the ones I want and let the rest be unobtainable. The funny thing is I am the type of player who will pay to have all of the pokemon. However I think I am done chasing geese in FFS. TL just "balanced" out a paying customer, well done!

Did you try unicorn and pumpkin panda or unicorn and sloth?

Rhino Keeper
    Ok there's just too many people to comment off of so I won't be posting up others quotes here lol. Now I can't put myself in the extremely frustrated group, but I too am having issues breeding the treasure toucan here!! I brought it when it first came out, but have yet to successfully breed one. (But if we were talking about dragon story, I'll blow the roof off with my issues lol) I think everyone is having issues breeding different creatures here, like Zenobia who can't breed the Christmas creatures, others with pumpkin panda, unicornicopia, and the Crystal unicorn!!! Which by the way I prey all get the creatures they want soon, but I do think there's a fault in luck in different players. Some people get lots of pandas, super rare creatures like vinotaur and sea drakes. Some like me seems to keep getting Crystal unicorns, which I have a total success of 6, two of which I sold due to no room. (Someone quoted the crystal unicorns love my park, which if I could I would trade to those who have yet to get one!!!) Some people can't seem to breed a Crystal unicorn, or even the rare twins of reindeer and poodle, while others have success in first try breeding or in few days!!!

Everyone can post tips on how to breed them, but the problem will always be the luck your game gives!!! It's not fair, and sadly I don't think there's a way to truly fix it, except to hope and prey one day to finally breed what you want! I also believe they make some have issues just to force them to buy gems just to get better odds through speed breeding. Not saying speed breeding doesn't work, but some people go through $20 just get a new creature. I truly hope that Everyone can successfully breed the animals they want, but sadly not everyone can get all the creatures. (I missed out on lots of dragons in dragon story) Unfortunately Luck is Not always on our side, so helping each other out through tips and advice can really help maximize your chances in getting limited creatures!!!!

So for all the hard work people put in the forums for advice on tournaments, and how to breed new limited creatures, I THANK YOU!!!! Without you all, I think lots of us would not have half the the creatures we have now!!!! Thank you all, and prey good luck to all!!!!!

I am beginning to believe that Team Lava have purposely tweaked the game so that the way to get the Santa Claws is simply to buy it. I, without exaggeration, have done 60 breedings and I have gotten 52 reindeer and 8 poodles. There is nothing random about this holiday offering. I am a level 40 player and achieving new animals is all I have left to do....I am seriously considering throwing in the towel.

Fashion Designer
    I bred the Santa Claws with Pony and Reindeer. I don't even have a Poodle yet. Good luck.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonloona View Post
    Everyone can post tips on how to breed them, but the problem will always be the luck your game gives!!! It's not fair, and sadly I don't think there's a way to truly fix it, except to hope and prey one day to finally breed what you want! I also believe they make some have issues just to force them to buy gems just to get better odds through speed breeding. Not saying speed breeding doesn't work, but some people go through $20 just get a new creature. I truly hope that Everyone can successfully breed the animals they want, but sadly not everyone can get all the creatures. (I missed out on lots of dragons in dragon story) Unfortunately Luck is Not always on our side, so helping each other out through tips and advice can really help maximize your chances in getting limited creatures!!!!!
    The sad thing is that there ARE ways for the game to allow players who have been blocked by bad luck from getting certain creatures to get them. A few ways have been posited but the two that make the most sense to me are:

A) Let's use the unicorn as the example in this one. Let's say for example that the odds are 0.5% of getting a unicorn whenever 4 elements are in the den. They could change the odds so that, after you put 4 elements in the den 20 times, if you didn't get a unicorn yet, the odds become 1%. After another 20 fails, your odds become 1.5%. Another 20 fails, 2%. Etc. The unicorn odds would NEVER be 100%, or even close to 50%. But if after 380 fails the odds go from 0.5% to 10%, then folks who try REALLY hard but never roll a nearly-impossibly great number, can eventually get it with a very good number. This way, there is still no guarantee, and odds still DO play a huge role, but after hundreds of fails, they have a better chance of finally scoring one.

B) The other way is to make a quest to try a bunch of times to get and animal, and if, after enough tries, you did not get the animal via breeding, you get it as a quest reward. Christmas animals are the best example of this method. When something like the set Christmas animals comes out, there would be 3 separate quests accompanying them. Quest 1: breed fire & nature x times (maybe 30?) without getting a reindeer. Prize for completing the quest: a reindeer. Quest 2: breed fire & nature x times without getting a toy poodle. Prize for completing the quest: a toy poodle. Quest 3: breed a Reindeer or Toy Poodle with fire x times without getting a santa claws. Prize for completing the quest: a santa claws. Quests expire when the limited breeding period expires. This is easy as pie to set up. In the end, anyone who puts in a lot of effort, but luck is never on their side for all those tries, gets them as a quest reward.

So it's not that they can't allow us those of us having bad luck to eventually be rewarded for our efforts. It's that they won't.
    Last edited by zenobia42; 12-15-14 at 04:37 PM. Reason: correcting spelling

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast