Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrated breeders

Rhino Keeper
    I decided to switch things up and try Glacial Griffon + Vinotaur. I thought this would give me a chance at any of the new earth/nat creatures, fallaby, or cold turkey, plus a chance at a crystal unicorn.

So far Ive tried this combo twice and gotten Turtisle and Skyger. UGHHH. i was so hoping that 6 hr breed would be fallaby (or even a solar simian) and not stupid Turtisle, but ofc it was Turtisle.

I guess i should just switch to water/earth and try for the turkey since he has the clock ticking.

Sigh.
    Last edited by Aernak; 11-27-14 at 08:07 AM.

This game is getting to be to rediculous

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetcupcake555555 View Post
    the combo was bamboon + sloth = harvest hedgehog
    Just tried that and got................ another 9hr fail

I might let this one run and then try for something different to break up the monotony of this (maybe try a Cold Turkey before it expires). Have to say that this frustration just isn't making the game much fun at the moment

Executive Chef
    Gah another 14 hr fail... I hate long fails

Fashion Designer
    That's all I got before was 14 hour fails lol I had so many Hedgehogs and Grassquaths. Now it's all Planters. At least I got the Cold Turkey.

Executive Chef
    Update for me....
    Through 40 tries, I got:
    5 Rares
    3 Super Rares
    2 New Animals

Statistics:
    Chance of Rare: ~12%
    Chance of Super: ~7%
    Combined Chance of Rare or Super: ~20%
    Chance of New Animal: ~5%

So, if my 40 breeds are a good / average sample, you can expect to get 12 rare animals and 7 super rare animals for every 100 breedings.

I will be continuing to track my breedings and reporting my results. I have a list of all combos used on the experiment of breeding thread. I will try to experiment with different combos of elements and rarities to see if I can draw any conclusions there.

Executive Chef
    I wanted to bump this thread since I guess it's the official "frustrated breeders" thread.

I'm still a frustrated breeder... I'm still tracking my breedings and will be continuing to work on the statistics. I don't necessarily think the Christmas animals will count because 1) I think they are increasing the odds of rare fails to make speeding cost more and 2) it seems really easy to get a Santa Claws once you have the Reindeer (for which I'm grateful).

But I'm actually starting to work on breeding exclusively for a Sea Drake.... There are a few super rares that I would LOVE to have that I will be sad if I never get and that's one of them.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by readysetgo888 View Post
    I wanted to bump this thread since I guess it's the official "frustrated breeders" thread.

I'm still a frustrated breeder... I'm still tracking my breedings and will be continuing to work on the statistics. I don't necessarily think the Christmas animals will count because 1) I think they are increasing the odds of rare fails to make speeding cost more and 2) it seems really easy to get a Santa Claws once you have the Reindeer (for which I'm grateful).

But I'm actually starting to work on breeding exclusively for a Sea Drake.... There are a few super rares that I would LOVE to have that I will be sad if I never get and that's one of them.
    Good luck on the Sea Drake 'cause you'll probably need it if you're like me and can't breed it out no matter what combo you use :\ I hope for my sanity's sake that they come out with a new animal that's a Dark-Water (since it seems like they don't have that many Dark-Water creatures in the breeding pool) b/c the chances of ppl getting a Sea Drake will go up, especially if it's a limited Dark-Water. I'm trying to breed an Emerald right now that I FINALLY have some downtime, but three days in and all I'm getting so far are 1-hr panda fails

Good luck on breeding your Sea Drake and I hope one day I'll be able to breed it, too!
    All of my TL accounts are under ArcadiaTofu. Add me and 9 times out of 10 I'll add you quickly and try to gift as much as possible

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcadiaTofu View Post
    Good luck on the Sea Drake 'cause you'll probably need it if you're like me and can't breed it out no matter what combo you use :\ I hope for my sanity's sake that they come out with a new animal that's a Dark-Water (since it seems like they don't have that many Dark-Water creatures in the breeding pool) b/c the chances of ppl getting a Sea Drake will go up, especially if it's a limited Dark-Water. I'm trying to breed an Emerald right now that I FINALLY have some downtime, but three days in and all I'm getting so far are 1-hr panda fails

Good luck on breeding your Sea Drake and I hope one day I'll be able to breed it, too!
    You're right! A new limited dark-water would definitely increase Sea Drake fails, though maybe only for those who already have one... tough to say. I've actually bred multiple Chameneons and even many Sea Lions but no Sea Drake.

Hope you get your Emerald soon too! I really love the Emerald but I know the chances are very low. I want to try for it too.

Fashion Designer
    I have also been tracking my breeding. I'm up to 100 right now and out of those 100 I have gotten 14 new animals. Not sure if that's good or not but it doesn't seem all that great. 2 of them also being the Reindeer and Santa Claws.

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast