Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrated breeders

Rhino Keeper
    I think I qualify more than enough to count as a frustrated breeder because of the ridiculous amounts of plantler fails I'm getting. I agree with everyone else. They seem to lower the odds for LIMITED animals just so people end up buying them.

I've had more than 50 plantlers IN A ROW until I commented a complaint on one of the earth nature threads. The next day is when I got the pumpkin panda and it's seriously making me suspect that TL really does make a "lucky break" just so people don't quit the game. I am NOT saying you should stop playing whatsoever (because that is up to you) but TL is certainly not being fair to some of us.

This game is taking a sour turn. It was good in the beginning, but that's only because most of us were beginners. I've already made a "Thank You" thread but this whole situation is making me regret for creating such a thread. The animals are ridiculously speeding up again PLUS more fails than success, making it so that most people BARELY, if not, TOTALLY miss the limited animals. *sigh* I'm so tired of all this nonsense.

Executive Chef
    ^^^^ LOL that is funny. I got a unicornicopia like 2 tries after I made this thread. The game didn't want me to keep talking about being a frustrated breeder! In all seriousness I kind of wonder what's going on with the odds here too.... I'm going to keep tracking my breedings and recalculating the odds to see how low they actually are and if they ever seem to change.

I think we can pretty safely say that we will continue to get at least 2 animals a week. If they don't remove them ever, that will rapidly become way too many and feel overwhelming. However, I would be quite curious to know what the odds are on actually getting those animals before they get removed. Like, do more people get them than not? That's tough to tell but if enough people track their breedings we might be able to tell.

I'm ok with not getting every animal but it would be quite frustrating to wind up missing most of them. And it shouldn't take dozens of tries either. There is just no fun whatsoever in a week of fails.

Another frustrated breeder here. Nothing new to say really, just agreeing & saying "Me, too!" to the endless Plantlers fails (1 Bamboon & 2 Grassquatches* to break them up...) Started breeding rhino & panda non-stop since I first saw Pumpkin Panda.

*Btw, I spent months trying off & on for a Grassquatch; never could breed one. Finally got one a couple weeks ago, then bred another the next day!

Btw#2: I just hit level 40--no Crystal Unicorn yet, either. (Haven't been trying for it as much lately though, since the limited animals came on the scene!)

Executive Chef
    I used to spend money before in other games
    Which I don't regret
    Fashion story was not frustrating to me
    Even those who went limited
    Wouldn't affect the concept of the game
    And when it wasn't expensive enough I would buy
    Same for bakery story and restaurant

Dragon I did too for Halloween animals
    But that was the last of it

I like to support a company I like
    But I don't like feeling that I have to spend money if I want to have a collection
    I like to spend on my own terms

I quit dragon when I started missing out animals

Funny thing
    Some of my friends who new the game through me
    Are spending money on the game regulary
    And they also quit dragon when I quit

I got lucky with some earth and nature animals
    Harvest and pumpkin

I don't mind the wait but to miss out would mean the end for the game to me
    Supra rare in one week is just ahhhhh

I don't know...do you guys think they'll keep coming out with new animals at this pace? I sometimes wonder if it's just because of the holidays. Makes for some great names (like "Cold Turkey", lol!)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    I don't know...do you guys think they'll keep coming out with new animals at this pace? I sometimes wonder if it's just because of the holidays. Makes for some great names (like "Cold Turkey", lol!)
    I think they may drop back to 1 a week after the holidays... I also think we may be getting a new element at some point, maybe like a month after the holidays. Just a guess. A new element will mean tons of new animals.

Rhino Keeper
    Good morning all. Just bred another 9 hour fail. Sigh.

I need a pep talk so I dont smash my phone.....
    Last edited by Aernak; 11-26-14 at 06:44 AM.

Fashion Designer
    I don't mind not having a complete album. That's not really why I play. I don't even mind 2 new creatures a week. The only thing I mind is making a creature that is super rare only avilable for a week. You could try over and over all week and still miss out. To me, that's where my frustration comes in. I have won every battle except the Nightmare and at least you know those limited animals CAN be won with lots of effort. But with the luck system of breeding, it may not be possible. Good luck to those still trying for any of the new creatures. I have only gotten the Unicornacopia so far but am now trying for the "cold turkey."

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxe View Post
    I don't mind not having a complete album. That's not really why I play. I don't even mind 2 new creatures a week. The only thing I mind is making a creature that is super rare only avilable for a week. You could try over and over all week and still miss out. To me, that's where my frustration comes in. I have won every battle except the Nightmare and at least you know those limited animals CAN be won with lots of effort. But with the luck system of breeding, it may not be possible. Good luck to those still trying for any of the new creatures. I have only gotten the Unicornacopia so far but am now trying for the "cold turkey."
    I agree with you about the week limited animals... that's why I'm pretty much tempted to just ignore them entirely. In a week it will be gone and I can save myself frustration and disappointment. I'd probably only try if it was an animal I thought was really adorable.

Rhino Keeper
    Was so hopeful. Got some gems from the slots game quest. Did 3 speed breeds. Plantlers Plantlers bamboon.

Still not 1 new animal.

Sorry to keep venting but OMG THIS SUCKS!!!!!

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast