Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrated breeders

Rhino Keeper
    According to my games (FFS and DS, older player/started games fairly early-ish but went on hiatus), Ultra Rares can be more common than Super Rares and even Rares and I think at least some of this boils down to RNG.

In DS, I was able to breed 3 Diamonds and not a single Rare or Super Rare Event Dragon in the span of about 3 months of trying between October to December. The Diamonds were the result of me desperately tossing all colors together in hopes of ANY new Rare or Super Rare Dragon in the last month of trying for Limiteds with zero success (and using the targeted colors only; four colors were used only after 2 months had passed without success using targeted colors).

I leveled to fifteen in FFS and in my frustration to breed a Limited (there's a pattern here!) or just something ANYTHING new for my park to finish some goals, I tossed together four colors and after popping out a few Commons (Ferrets and Armordillos as always), I suddenly got a Crystal Unicorn.

It's DS all over again for me (if I kept every Common I bred, I would have a park full of Armordillos, Ferrets, Rainguins, and Turtisles and little else) which makes me think that to some degree, individual RNG plays a role in all of this.

I quit FFS some months ago because of this breeding problem - Commons everywhere, a few Rares, and LOTS of duplicate Rares and little variety regardless of pairings - and when I came back to try the Valentine event, I got results similar to the results I got in DS - one random 44 hour Ultra Rare during an Event that clogged my game for four days.
    Storm8 ID: Sefyre
    Playing: Dragon Story & Fantasy Forest Story

Executive Chef
    In case anyone missed it, the Confetti Yeti is officially a limited animal now. The popup I received this morning says that you have a little more than 3 days before it goes away. The Confetti Yeti thread is now in the Creature Library SubForum so I am posting a message here as well.

Good Luck to anyone still trying for it. I have failed 38 times so far.

New Resident
    Hi All!
    New player here. I am up to my ears in pandas, fairy ferrets, and pyro ponies. What do you do with all the "extra" animals. Just sell them? Do you keep more than one of each animal?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin21dsey View Post
    Hi All!
    New player here. I am up to my ears in pandas, fairy ferrets, and pyro ponies. What do you do with all the "extra" animals. Just sell them? Do you keep more than one of each animal?
    If there is room in my park, I keep the duplicate animals. Or at least the ones I like. When I was a new player, I always kept the duplicates that were the best money-earners. Because until you start earning a million coins or so per day, you will find yourself waiting on coins to be be able to do things.

If I don't have spare room, I look at my park and decide if I want the new animal to replace an old one or just sell it right off the nest.

Good luck breeding!

Executive Chef
    Well after the confetti yeti (which I will NOT buy if he arrives in a 'value' pack) I'm pretty sure I won't be getting a pony.
    I am not looking for new neighbours in Restaurant or Bakery Story. Please do not send invites.

Executive Chef
    Trying to pressure us to buy the animal straight from the market or by value pack with this endless time limted animlas released at once
    Had the opposite effect on me
    I offically lost intrest in the game
    As soon as i relize full album never gonna happen without having to spend for almost all the animals now
    Thats when i couldnt care anymore

It was fun while it lasted
    Its a grt game and give me such joy seeing littel pixels amd new eggs

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by flowless View Post
    Trying to pressure us to buy the animal straight from the market or by value pack with this endless time limted animlas released at once
    As soon as i relize full album never gonna happen without having to spend for almost all the animals now

We will miss you, flowless.

Executive Chef

Totally agree!!
    I've just become frustrated with this game in general. With all the limited animals and the lack of creativity within the game there is little to keep me coming back every day. I keep hoping that something will make this game differ from dragon story but other than the wingless animals it's just a straight carbon copy (disappointing). I mean can we get a second nest already or maybe a new element or maybe something dragon story doesn't already have. How bout some fancy decorations (not that there's anywhere to put them) or just stop by the forum once in a while to answer some questions, something other than just trying to blanantly suck money out of us. Speaking of money, how bout having a sale once in a while to show a little appreciation. It's because of your lack of sales that I have limited my spending on this game which will make it much easier to walk away.

Sorry done complaining
    Step your game up TL!!!
    Main id: squinn1981

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cquinn32 View Post
    Totally agree!!
    I've just become frustrated with this game in general. With all the limited animals and the lack of creativity within the game there is little to keep me coming back every day. I keep hoping that something will make this game differ from dragon story but other than the wingless animals it's just a straight carbon copy (disappointing). I mean can we get a second nest already or maybe a new element or maybe something dragon story doesn't already have. How bout some fancy decorations (not that there's anywhere to put them) or just stop by the forum once in a while to answer some questions, something other than just trying to blatantly suck money out of us. Speaking of money, how bout having a sale once in a while to show a little appreciation. It's because of your lack of sales that I have limited my spending on this game which will make it much easier to walk away.

Sorry done complaining
    Step your game up TL!!!
    I think a lot of us have been hoping for a while for new breedable, permanent animals and expansions. Well, we got the expansions, finally. And we keep getting new elements. The problem is there has been no new permanent breedable element since electric. You know when that was released? August 28, 2014.

That was 175 days ago.

Half. A. Year. Ago.

Since then, there have technically been 4 new elements. The problem is, half of those are not breedable (treasure, living wood) and the other half are even worse - they are friggen LIMITED. And because they are limited, they are not FUN to try to breed. Rather, there is PRESSURE to breed before it goes away.

In the 175 days since the last new permanent breedable element, there have been, by my count, 19 limited animals to breed. The first limited animal came out on 10/17 which is 125 days ago. That means they have released an average of slightly more than 1 new LIMITED animal per week in that time via breeding. There have been an additional 21 animals released in that time that could only be won in the arena, battlegrounds or an event. If you count all types of limited animals, it averages one every 3.1 days.

In the last 125 days, there have also been 15 permanent new animals released. However, fully 1/3 of those new permanent animals have been ultra rares. Meaning the vast majority of us can only manage to breed them during the brief periods they allow an easy breed before shutting that door. And the over-saturation of limited animals means no one has any time to even try for ultras any more anyway.

In summary, it has been 175 days since a new permanent breedable element.
    125 days ago they started down the path to ruining the game by introducing the first limited animal.
    In the last 125 days, they averaged 1 new limited animal (via any method) every 3.1 days.
    In those same 125 days, they have only released 1 new permanent non-ultra animals every 12.5 days on average.
    That means they release limited animals exactly 4 times as often as non-ultra permanent animals. But again, who has any time to breed for a permanent animal when there is a new limited animal to be bred more than one per week?

As to staff stopping by the forum to answer questions, it's not that they don't read the forum. When someone posted that their relative bred a thanksgibbon which was not supposed to be breedable, they proved that they are not only always watching, but able to take corrective action within 20 minutes. If it's corrective action from THEIR perspective not ours. If we complain we are not getting the bombs we should be from breeding, and show screenshots as proof, they lock the topic and refuse to acknowledge it's a problem even days later as people continue to be robbed of bombs.
    Last edited by zenobia42; 02-19-15 at 03:56 PM. Reason: correcting spelling & grammar

Executive Chef

Oh flow Noooo I'll miss you
    Just like you and cquin im losing interest also for the same reasons.
    After zen's analysis, one can clearly see that TLs focus is just making money in short term and obviously were all getting tired with the lack of balance in this game.