Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrated breeders

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    And today I have a Seamur egg in my nest!
    Congrats! It's a rare, so I would expect it to pop up fairly often. (Kind of like how no one is impressed with falconches anymore LOL.)

Umm... well, this is kind of the wrong thread for it, but while I've certainly had no luck breeding a menoram, confetti yeti, or even a hippogryph, I have my second 45h in the nest right now from gem + water/lightning.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodelle View Post
    Congrats! It's a rare, so I would expect it to pop up fairly often. (Kind of like how no one is impressed with falconches anymore LOL.)

Umm... well, this is kind of the wrong thread for it, but while I've certainly had no luck breeding a menoram, confetti yeti, or even a hippogryph, I have my second 45h in the nest right now from gem + water/lightning.
    well i dont think its too bad, certainly been many posts here already people frustrated with not getting a creature and then the next post or page been i got it !! so its not too bad, ive definitely been in that boat also, i tried my luck with complaining about menoram hoping it ot pop up next but nothing :P

back to try for retriever and i think i just got another fire glider in the mix -.- 13 hour timer
    ID : keller63
    Fantasy Forest: LVL 29

Executive Chef

WOW! You have incredible ultra rare breeding luck! Congrats, whichever it is! I still have neither.

Rhino Keeper

Lets just hope it's not a unicorn, I have my fingers crossed for the citrine Or cthula
    ID : keller63
    Fantasy Forest: LVL 29

Executive Chef
    It's funny how luck goes in streaks. I had a 2-week totally dry spell, then got the confetti yeti, menoram, snowpossum, seamur, and now finally a bansheep! It's been out for over 3 months and I finally have its egg - I'm pretty psyched about this lucky streak. No ultra rares (and I have had the unicorn in the den with water and/or electric a lot) but when my bansheep egg hatches, until release time tomorrow, I will be down to only 8 album holes! I assume it will be back in double digits shortly, but I honestly thought it would never be down to single digits again. I'm of the type *conpetitive type, I guess), that if I keep falling farther and farther behind a goal, I start to lose interest. Making some honest-to-goodness progress again feels great!
    Last edited by zenobia42; 02-01-15 at 03:16 PM.

Executive Chef
    It's funny how luck goes in streaks. I had a 2-week totally dry spell, then got the confetti yeti, menoram, snowpossum, seamur, and now finally a bansheep! It's been out for over 3 months and I finally have its egg - I'm pretty psyched about this lucky streak. No ultra rares (and I have had the unicorn in the den with water and/or electric a lot) but when my bansheep egg hatches, until release time tomorrow, I will be down to only 7 album holes! I assume it will be back in double digits shortly, but I honestly thought it would never be down to single digits no less only 7 again. I'm of the type *conpetitive type, I guess), that if I keep falling farther and farther behind a goal, I start to lose interest. Making some honest-to-goodness progress again feels great!
    Congrats! I know it could just be coincidence but I also feel like my luck goes in cycles... Last month (well December to early January) I was getting tons of new animals, everything I tried for... it was awesome. And now for last 3 weeks, it's been totally over. Nothing new at all. Obviously it could be a coincidence, but I went through a dry streak before the lucky streak.... I just wonder. It wouldn't be totally impossible for the game to be designed to give players less luck sometimes to encourage them to spend but then also give them "lucky" streaks to maintain interest in the game and prevent quitting. Is this likely? Probably it just seems that way and it's all coincidence but who knows.

Rhino Keeper
    Once again, imo, literally all you say can be 'programmed' in by having statistically low rates to get anything. 95% of the time you are likely not to get anything exciting, so it's far more memorable when you do get something. Also, if you're like me and have only been breeding one specific combo for weeks on end, then the chance of getting anything new is already low without anything needing to be tweaked. (Aside from my ultra rare 'fails' I have gotten absolutely nothing but conducktors and falconches.) That's not to say there can't be patterns of RNG being good to you just as there are patterns of getting nothing, though.

For every person that might 'speed' through some boring times, there are just as many (in fact, probably more, given that players in f2p games typically err on the side of not spending) who would not be swayed or would in fact be driven to quit. So I'd be careful with blaming all your bad luck on account shenanigans.

Executive Chef
    It's funny how luck goes in streaks. I had a 2-week totally dry spell, then got the confetti yeti, menoram, snowpossum, seamur, and now finally a bansheep! It's been out for over 3 months and I finally have its egg - I'm pretty psyched about this lucky streak. No ultra rares (and I have had the unicorn in the den with water and/or electric a lot) but when my bansheep egg hatches, until release time tomorrow, I will be down to only 8 album holes! I assume it will be back in double digits shortly, but I honestly thought it would never be down to single digits again. I'm of the type *conpetitive type, I guess), that if I keep falling farther and farther behind a goal, I start to lose interest. Making some honest-to-goodness progress again feels great!
    Congratulations on your hot streak. I managed to get my number of album holes back down to 20. I find my luck goes in streaks as well and the really bad streaks seem to closely follow the times I am trying for a Unicorn.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by readysetgo888 View Post
    Congrats! I know it could just be coincidence but I also feel like my luck goes in cycles... Last month (well December to early January) I was getting tons of new animals, everything I tried for... it was awesome. And now for last 3 weeks, it's been totally over. Nothing new at all. Obviously it could be a coincidence, but I went through a dry streak before the lucky streak.... I just wonder. It wouldn't be totally impossible for the game to be designed to give players less luck sometimes to encourage them to spend but then also give them "lucky" streaks to maintain interest in the game and prevent quitting. Is this likely? Probably it just seems that way and it's all coincidence but who knows.
    I think it's just natural luck. You know the saying - "when it rains, it pours." On the flip side of that coin, when it's dry, it seems to feel like I've been in a dry spell forever.

I do keep track of when I breed new animals. And sometimes I go long periods of breeding nothing new (looking at my records, to be more precise, I have had 5 dry spells of more than a week (8 days or more), three of those 12 days or more, and the longest of which was 17 days). And sometimes I get 2-4 of them in quick succession. Or sometimes a dry spell followed by only one, then another week of nothing. It also took me from day 1 of the game in July until November 15th to get my first Grassquatch. Then the very next day got Grassquatch #2. I think it's natural for luck to be a little "streaky." IRL my luck tends to be streaky. I think it would be more weird if new breeds appeared every 4.5 days (which is my overall average) plus or minus a half-day than goings 13 days between, then 2, then 3, etc.
    Last edited by zenobia42; 02-01-15 at 09:13 PM. Reason: correcting grammar

Rhino Keeper
    I also am of the belief that luck comes in streaks---I seem to get a lot of good animals all in one go (during a 3-day period of breeding it seems like I manage to get at least two animals I'm missing, though that could just be me).

Though, the past five days have been horrible since I've been trying to breed out a Paradise Parrot or a Toucan. No Paradise Parrot (at all), or a Toucan. Turtlise and Skyger fails as far as the eye can see. I very rarely will get a Ferret fail or a longer fail time than 7-hrs, but it's almost like they don't want to give Toucan breeders the option of getting a Paradise Parrot since both my mom and I have been using Ocean Owl and Vinotaur pairings for five straight days and haven't once gotten a Parrot or Toucan

I hate breeding for Toucan and I still can't understand how some people can breed out more than one within a week or so. How this is possible I'll never know.
    All of my TL accounts are under ArcadiaTofu. Add me and 9 times out of 10 I'll add you quickly and try to gift as much as possible