Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrated breeders

Fashion Designer
    I want that Yetti so bad! But all I keep getting are 17 hour fails! 13 hours is one thing. But add on another 4 hours and it's just a nightmare. I have tried so many times and I see the 17 hour timer more than the 13. I haven't even gotten a Hippo fail which is odd. I had amazing luck with the Paradise Parot. I got him on my 2nd try. Which is honestly unheard of. But after 20 times trying for the Yetti, not counting the times I tried for Menoram, is so frustrating. I definitely am a frustrated breeder. I missed out on the Pumpkin Panda, th Scarecrow, the Chimpala and if I miss out on the Yetti I might not give the next limited time animal as much attention. There are so many other animals I'm missing and I haven't ben trying for what I really want because of this. Maybe I should go back to putting 4 elements together. Sigh. I almost can't wait for the Yetti to go limited. It might be a big relief.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxe View Post
    I want that Yetti so bad! But all I keep getting are 17 hour fails! 13 hours is one thing. But add on another 4 hours and it's just a nightmare. I have tried so many times and I see the 17 hour timer more than the 13. I haven't even gotten a Hippo fail which is odd. I had amazing luck with the Paradise Parot. I got him on my 2nd try. Which is honestly unheard of. But after 20 times trying for the Yetti, not counting the times I tried for Menoram, is so frustrating. I definitely am a frustrated breeder. I missed out on the Pumpkin Panda, th Scarecrow, the Chimpala and if I miss out on the Yetti I might not give the next limited time animal as much attention. There are so many other animals I'm missing and I haven't ben trying for what I really want because of this. Maybe I should go back to putting 4 elements together. Sigh. I almost can't wait for the Yetti to go limited. It might be a big relief.
    I'm really sorry, that sucks. It definitely confirms what I've been thinking. I pretty much always get lots of longer rare fails when trying for a limited animal - I'm pretty sure they mess with the odds to increase the length of fails.

And yet, animals that they don't plan to make limited seem to be a lot easier to get. Like, the Seamur and the Parrot, that many people seemed to get without really trying for them. And also, both were animals that people didn't really seem to care about (maybe partly because they didn't seem likely to be limited, I don't know).

Anyway, I think it's pretty safe to say that we can't go by whether the animal is labeled rare or super rare to figure out how easy it will be to breed. Limited animals ALWAYS have way worse odds than permanent animals. It drives me crazy that the Chimpala was so difficult to get and yet it's only a rare. Meaning that even though I did get one, I can't even use it in tournaments because it's "only rare". And of course, it earns less for those who are worried about coins. Just stupid. They should at least allow all limited animals to be super rare since that's what the odds of getting them are, anyway.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by readysetgo888 View Post
    I'm really sorry, that sucks. It definitely confirms what I've been thinking. I pretty much always get lots of longer rare fails when trying for a limited animal - I'm pretty sure they mess with the odds to increase the length of fails.

And yet, animals that they don't plan to make limited seem to be a lot easier to get. Like, the Seamur and the Parrot, that many people seemed to get without really trying for them. And also, both were animals that people didn't really seem to care about (maybe partly because they didn't seem likely to be limited, I don't know).

Anyway, I think it's pretty safe to say that we can't go by whether the animal is labeled rare or super rare to figure out how easy it will be to breed. Limited animals ALWAYS have way worse odds than permanent animals. It drives me crazy that the Chimpala was so difficult to get and yet it's only a rare. Meaning that even though I did get one, I can't even use it in tournaments because it's "only rare". And of course, it earns less for those who are worried about coins. Just stupid. They should at least allow all limited animals to be super rare since that's what the odds of getting them are, anyway.
    I STILL don't have the Seamur! And since I got the Menoram & Confetti Yeti, I've been putting only water & nature in the den because I still need both the Seamur and Sea Horse which has been out for 3 months!

I do think that it's not that the Seamur is easier to get. It's that people don't stress about not getting it because there is no indication that they will change it from permanent to limited. I really want the Seamur and Sea Horse. I just don't expect those rugs to get pulled out from under me so I don't stress about them taking a long (and a very long) time.

That said, it is very, very, very possible that, when there is a limited animal of a certain element combo, that the odds of getting longer fails increases. They DO have to re-do the odds to fit in the option for the limited animal, and that DOES have to change the odds of at least one (and perhaps all) of the other animals of that element combo being the outcome. So, if an element combo has 1 common, 1 rare and 1 super rare, the odds could be 75:20:5 (common : rare : super rare) or something. But when you add a limited "rare" (emphasis on that being in quotes) to the mix, it becomes (common : rare : super rare : "rare" limited) 60:25:10:5. In that scenario, the odds of the common are lower, but the odds of getting a regular rare a little higher, and the super rare "fail," which presumably has the longest breed / incubation time, is actually doubled. Still low, but twice what it was when we were trying for it when no limited "rare" was a possible outcome.

Rhino Keeper
    Still no menoram OR confetti yeti OR even a hippogryph, and I've bred probably 45x with water/lightning. (I'll do an accurate count later on when they both expire since I've been keeping track of every single breeding.) Lame.

(Of course, I feel like I must put a disclaimer going: well, I did get an ultra-rare so I suppose the bad luck cancels out. ) I'm just a bid sad I'll be missing the menoram since it has cool colors AND a cool design. Same with confetti yeti having really cute pastel colors. ;-;

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodelle View Post
    Still no menoram OR confetti yeti OR even a hippogryph, and I've bred probably 45x with water/lightning. (I'll do an accurate count later on when they both expire since I've been keeping track of every single breeding.) Lame.
    -;
    Same here! Nothing but 13 and 17 hour fails. No menoram, no yeti and not even a hippogryph. It sucks.
    I am not looking for new neighbours in Restaurant or Bakery Story. Please do not send invites.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    They DO have to re-do the odds to fit in the option for the limited animal, and that DOES have to change the odds of at least one (and perhaps all) of the other animals of that element combo being the outcome. So, if an element combo has 1 common, 1 rare and 1 super rare, the odds could be 75:20:5 (common : rare : super rare) or something. But when you add a limited "rare" (emphasis on that being in quotes) to the mix, it becomes (common : rare : super rare : "rare" limited) 60:25:10:5. In that scenario, the odds of the common are lower, but the odds of getting a regular rare a little higher, and the super rare "fail," which presumably has the longest breed / incubation time, is actually doubled. Still low, but twice what it was when we were trying for it when no limited "rare" was a possible outcome.
    That makes sense to me - I could see it being something like that.

I do think the odds of the few new rare permanent animals we've seen are better than the "rare" limited animals, but that's not to say the odds aren't still low. They're probably just closer to the normal rare permanent odds. That would make sense, anyway. I'd be willing to bet any limited animal has worse odds than all the permanent animals, except ultra rares.

New Resident
    I have tried to several times in a row to get snowpossum with no luck. I was attempting to breed confetti yeti for weeks straight and keep getting nothing, and finally gave up. I have also tried to breed the Sapphire Cthulhu for another week only to keep getting the darn Frostfang. I'm tired of breeding and not ending up with anything other than common animals. It's very frustrating!

Rhino Keeper
    Awwww no menoram, ah well it's only my own fault, I stopped trying when confetti yeti came out as I didn't want him, regretting it now though. But now that he is off the menu I can continue for retriever.
    ID : keller63
    Fantasy Forest: LVL 29

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodelle View Post

(Of course, I feel like I must put a disclaimer going: well, I did get an ultra-rare so I suppose the bad luck cancels out. ) I'm just a bid sad I'll be missing the menoram since it has cool colors AND a cool design. Same with confetti yeti having really cute pastel colors. ;-;
    No Menoram or Yeti or Cthulhu or Citrine Peregrine and I've almost exclusively been breeding water, electric and diamond since before Christmas!! Super frustrated. I am now breeding my third hippogryph, though, which seems to make me madder somehow - my second hippogryph since I started trying for these limited edition animals. Of course Menoram is no longer available, and I am less enthused with the Confetti Yeti, but I am continuing to try because it just seems so improbable that my bad luck streak will continue, plus this way I can try simultaneously for three different creatures that I don't have yet. That is something, at least, right? URGH!!!!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    I STILL don't have the Seamur! And since I got the Menoram & Confetti Yeti, I've been putting only water & nature in the den because I still need both the Seamur and Sea Horse which has been out for 3 months!
    And today I have a Seamur egg in my nest!