Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: Frustrated breeders

Executive Chef
    Well, without the "name calling part" I do recognise the frustration the trios can cause. For me the 4 trios I have been able to breed for have went in strange ways:
    -Cosmic: It took a LONG time to get one of the animals. First was Lemurcury (after loads of fails), then another one of those, then finally Plutopus when there were only some 2-3 days left and then by some miracle the Caturn on the first attempt (a thing that has perhaps happened 2-3 times for me since starting playing FFS). That trio was a complete success in the end, be it at a very late time.
    -Music: That one was pretty bad. Again it wasn't until late in the event (17th attempt) that I got one animal (Lullabison), but then it got worse: I got two more Lullabisons but I did not get the Tubacan until 2-3 days before the end of the trio. I only managed to put in 2-3 (largely sped with whatever few precious gems I had then) shots at the Melodeer, and quickly got a 17 hour timer. Yay? Well, "Nay!". It was an Aperil Fool playing a prank on me. That was a BAD fail. I never got the Melodeer, but I do have a Harmonic Hollow in which there are two Lullabisons and the one Tubacan. The other Lullabison is in a big earth plateau.
    -Service dogs: So, here we arrive at "the trio which name shall not be mentioned": three straight weeks of breeding hell without getting ANY of the dogs. A complete waste of time hadn't I gotten some 2-3 fails that I needed still (Grassquatch + Rubble Rooster at least). I had early on decided to use a preciously freed space for the habitat. I sold that a few days before the end of the trio. No fun at all.
    -Skull: in light of the very recent total Service disastrous results my hopes for the Skull trio were very low, and so it started out with fail after fail, but... then already on the 3rd day I got the SG! Finally a trio animal that was gotten early in the event! Next, when the SS was released, I got it on the 2nd attempt and couldn't believe my luck, and yes, for once lightning did strike twice or thrice, as I got the DW on the 2nd attempt too! In the past few weeks I've gotten 2 more SSes, and 4 more SGs (2 SSes and 1 SG were kept in a second Land of the Dead habitat).

When a trio plays out like the Skull one has for me, it is actually fun, but I really don't know what gives and why for this trio I'm getting such excellent results whereas the Service trio was completely 'barren' for me and didn't yield a single Service animal. Then, this time round again we see that not everyone has the same luck, as again some people are not getting any animal at all, whereas others get multiples. Go figure....

I hope you get the rest of the animals too. Should you not get anything until the day before the end of the trio and should you desire to keep the habitat, as a last resort you CAN fill it, by force-breeding two more SGs. Simply breed your current SG with a Pandaffodil and you should force-breed another SG. Not ideal, but at least you can fill the habitat then with those three animals and perhaps keep them in different stages of development...

Rhino Keeper
    I've voiced my displeasure before, and maybe that's come back to bite me, but I'm convinced that certain animals are blocked for some people, despite being told that the breeding logic is the same for all accounts. I have now spent many, many gems on speeding failed attempts for the Deadwing in hopes of getting it, and nothing. 3, 5, 6, 9, 13 hour fails, and nothing. I haven't counted exactly how many failf, but I guarantee it's a lot. I didn't get a single animal from the service trio, and it was well into this set that I finally managed to breed the Glider...and I only managed the Steed after speeding through fails so that I'd have a few days to try for the Deadwing. I think it's great that supposedly everyone has the chance to breed these, and please don't think I'm saying that because I've spent money that I should have any sort of preferred treatment, because that's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying that with the number of speeded attempts I've pushed through, logically, I believe I should have gotten the Deadwing by now, and I haven't. As a dedicated player, I find this extremely dejecting.
    Last edited by Scribbles138; 11-05-15 at 05:44 PM.

New Resident
    I've been a long time player of FFS & the last 3 trios have not been able to breed any of the animals despite continous breeding for them. I'm firmly of the belief that there is not a level playing field. My phone has crashed, nest has emptied itself of breeding pairs, screen has frozen & breed times changed. This is supposed to be a game to alleviate stress not cause it! Spin n win is also suspect. Last one gave me 3 pumpkin pandas (already had one) what's the chances of that!
    Rant over!!

What I don't understand is why some accounts seem *waaay* "luckier" than others. My boyfriend is about the same level as me and he doesn't play as much yet he managed to breed > 10 super rares (he has several sea horses, several glacial griffons, and he just bread a zapra! argh!) while I breed continuously and only managed to get 2. I don't get it! It seems like it would be fairer if everyone had similar chances... Getting pretty sick of chromadiles and koala cadabras and the game is losing its appeal.

Executive Chef
    My breeding results for the last few months have been absolutely terrible. Looking back results, it seems my luck turned sour at the end of July during the goal for breeding the Electric Elk. I could not breed a Spruce Moose for that goal and had to skip that step. I had a Spruce Moose to feed and finished the goal.

In August I needed to spend a great deal of gems to breed a Jackalope to finish off the Unicorgi goal line. At the end of the month I finally bred a Terradactyl which was the only new animal I bred for the entire month of August.

In September, I did manage to breed the Service Trio, but again I had to spend a lot of gems to spend breed the final two animals as I made 56 breeding attempts to get the 3 of them. During the process I managed to breed a Lambi and a Rubble Rooster so I thought my luck had turned, 5 new animals bred during the month but a lot of gems spent.

In October, I did managed to complete the Sweet Tooth goal line and get the Goblin Gobbler without spending any gems but I made 11 breeding attempt to get a Iciclaw for it. To close out the month I bred the first of the Skull trio, Sugarskull Glider on my 27th attempt and the second one (Skeletal Steed), on my 10th attempt to make them the only two new animals I bred for the month. I also completed the last of 86 attempts to breed a Gem/Nature hybrid using a Crystal Unicorn and Pandaffodil which resulted in all Pandaffodil fails.

As November closes out, my luck hasn’t been much better. I started the month by breeding the 3rd of the Skull trio (Deadwing) on the 10th attempt to complete the trio with no gems spent. I bred a Lunar Moth a couple days later on November 6. That has been it for the month, 2 newly bred animals and nothing for the last 24 days.

So in summary, I have only managed to breed more than 2 new animals in 1 of the last 4 calendar months and 10 new animals total in the last four months. Although, I have managed to breed the necessary animals for the goal lines Storybook Adventures and the trios (some by speed breeding), besides the 2 trios, I have only bred 4 other animals since the end of July.

I purchased a Money Badger today on sale for 600 gems that I had managed to save up. Hopefully it will change my luck going into December since I don’t have many gems left if it continues as it has for the last 4 months.

Executive Chef
    I have now recorded 1000 breeding attempts Since October 11, 2014. Of those attempts 45 were for Treasure animals, 135 were four-element combinations for a Crystal Unicorn and 203 attempts were for a Gem Hybrid using a Crystal Unicorn as one of the parents. I managed to breed 1 Crystal Unicorn during this time as the only ultra-rare I have bred. From my results, the term ultra-rare is very appropriate.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ninasidstorm8 View Post
    I have now recorded 1000 breeding attempts Since October 11, 2014. Of those attempts 45 were for Treasure animals, 135 were four-element combinations for a Crystal Unicorn and 203 attempts were for a Gem Hybrid using a Crystal Unicorn as one of the parents. I managed to breed 1 Crystal Unicorn during this time as the only ultra-rare I have bred. From my results, the term ultra-rare is very appropriate.
    It seems to me that your Unicorn outcomes are what I'd expect to properly reflect the odds. Yet, I'm quite sure I've put in far more attempts at it than 135 and never got one. 45 Treasure attempts is not such a lot; I could never try for the Treasure Toucan as I still don't have an Ocean Owl. I did try fervently for the other ones. I'd estimate to have put in some 20 attempts at the Prize Pony and some 60+ for the Golden Retriever and a similar amount for the Money Badger. I only ever bred 1 Golden Retriever.
    The part which is most "off" for you seems to be in the gem-hybrids department. In 203 attempts I would have expected 1 or 2 gem hybrid outcomes. I got my first one (Emerald Dragon) on the 101st attempt with the Quartz Quetzalcoatl. I'm now at 128 attempts with the QQ and 24 with the ED, which have not resulted in further gem animals.
    But.... My Crystal Unicorn and the Pyro Pony are really on a roll, I got the first Ruby Razorback after only 10 attempts and a second one (on the nest now) on the 33rd attempt. :P
    I really like these breedings with short fail times. I sure hope the others ones come equally easily, but somehow I think it will all come around and be back with a vengeance. :P

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post
    It seems to me that your Unicorn outcomes are what I'd expect to properly reflect the odds. Yet, I'm quite sure I've put in far more attempts at it than 135 and never got one. 45 Treasure attempts is not such a lot; I could never try for the Treasure Toucan as I still don't have an Ocean Owl. I did try fervently for the other ones. I'd estimate to have put in some 20 attempts at the Prize Pony and some 60+ for the Golden Retriever and a similar amount for the Money Badger. I only ever bred 1 Golden Retriever.
    The part which is most "off" for you seems to be in the gem-hybrids department. In 203 attempts I would have expected 1 or 2 gem hybrid outcomes. I got my first one (Emerald Dragon) on the 101st attempt with the Quartz Quetzalcoatl. I'm now at 128 attempts with the QQ and 24 with the ED, which have not resulted in further gem animals.
    But.... My Crystal Unicorn and the Pyro Pony are really on a roll, I got the first Ruby Razorback after only 10 attempts and a second one (on the nest now) on the 33rd attempt. :P
    I really like these breedings with short fail times. I sure hope the others ones come equally easily, but somehow I think it will all come around and be back with a vengeance. :P
    I could have easily had 100 attempts at a Unicorn before I started keeping track since there were no special breeding goals before I started to keep track and I was using primarily 4-element combinations. The one thing I have realized by tracking things is how selective my memory can be. My lack of luck in breeding a Gem hybrid is a bit disappointing but you can't be lucky at everything. I once lost 22 times in a single round during a tournament. Someone has to be at the tail end of the bell curve, I hope to move more towards the middle in the future.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930