Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrated breeders

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    I have only kept track of a) each animal's release date and b) the date I bred that animal. 5 a month is right about where I am at too. At least, I bred exactly 5 new animals in October, and also exactly 5 in November. December so far I only have 2 though and we are more than halfway through the month. And not the ones many play seem to be experiencing "higher" odds on, as you mention:

Those >odds for Xmas animals does NOT apply to all players. A few of us still haven't a single one, even after 76 tries in my case.

ETA: if I do indeed have a 20% chance of getting a Christmas animal, the odds of me trying 76 times and never succeeding a single time are 0.000004%. If my odds are what you experienced in your game, my bad luck is truly remarkably bad. There would have been a 99.99996% chance I would have gotten at least one in that many tries.
    Wow Zenobia
    That's so screwed up. I can't believe it you haven't been able to get any of the Christmas animals

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by readysetgo888 View Post
    Oh, I also meant to say that it's interesting that 5 new animals a month seems right on for you as well! I'd love to know if that's pretty common for everyone in the higher levels.
    Yeah, I find that really curious! When you said 5 / month I thought that sounded familiar and checked my records.

BTW, I got 8 new animals in the month of September. But that was an unusual situation - they were releasing a LOT of new animals then - the electric element and lightning leopard only became available the last day of August. And fully half of those 8 new animals were commons.

I also just realized how long my no new super-rares stretch was - I did not breed a single new super rare in August OR September. Over two months. It's crazy how luck goes in streaks. I just hope my Xmas animal unlucky streak ends soon. Odds are it almost HAS to, right? Maybe that's wishful thinking. But I'm still hoping for a Christmas miracle lol.

Quote Originally Posted by EviBrooklyn View Post
    Wow Zenobia
    That's so screwed up. I can't believe it you haven't been able to get any of the Christmas animals
    I can believe it. Sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by EviBrooklyn View Post
    Wow Zenobia
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    I can believe it. Sadly.
    Yup. Believe it. Satyr Sanctuary hasn't been able to breed a single Christmas Present animal either. Other than that belated Vinotaur, it's been nothing but Ferrets. Looks like this forest is back in the commons-only rut. Long horrible history of that.

Forest Gump isn't much better. One reindeer; nothing more.

Vash-Naroom has one Poodle and a full team of Reindeer! LOL -- ho ho ho! We can pull Santa's sleigh if he ever shows up!
    Last edited by sand; 12-19-14 at 06:13 AM.
    One family. Three forests.
    Forest Gump (invite PLAYPEN)
    Satyr Sanctuary (invite SAND)
    Vash-Naroom (invite SANDSCAPE)

Rhino Keeper
    They are doing the same thing with this game as with the dragons. I played it over a year and got so sick of trying to get certain animals, and would see some players with multiples of the same ones that Id spent months trying for. Same off sided percentages are being used here. I returned to this TL game hoping perhaps it would be differnt. But finding its the same thing just differnt animals. I will not invest in this game as long as I see that once again it's just a fruitless no fun game. I'll give it thru Januray to see if there is any improvement. If not, then me and my money will close the book on these sorts of TL games.

Rhino Keeper
    Yep, it's easier to get fares and super rates when you start and then bam! Suddenly it's impossible, makes me sad. i really like the game but trying for months for one animal isn't very fun

Fashion Designer
    I can't even remember the last unique animal that I bred. Everything new has been from events or battlegrounds. I have been breeding fire/forest combinations non stop since the event was announced, no luck at all.

I am getting frustrated fast. To the point of quitting this game.

I came in before lightning, dark, the limited and tournament animals were introduced.
    I was ok because most creatures I would get would be new that early.

I could deal with fail rates on animals I know I can keep trying for and eventuall get.
    But some animals seem impossable to get.
    I think I tried for 3-4 days solid for the Magmacore as soon as I was given the quest. I still cannot get one.

But the biggest problems for me are the low rates on the limited creatures and how often we have new animals shoved in our games.
    I try continuously for a limited, fail more often than not, and then before I can even placate myself with picking back up where I left off breeding the regular animals (months ago) we get these holiday events. A ton of new animals all at the same time with all the same elements. Limited. Some with longer times but they will still be limited in the end. And we get a full event. And we get a tournament to do. And still more animals added, what feels like, constantly.
    Most of which I fail to get or only get when the timer has almost finished.
    I have gotten a few but I missed the Presant Phesant and my game never even showed me a timer for when it was to end!
    I doubt I will get the harvest hedgehog at this rate either despite days of trying.

I have not tried for a regualr animal since before Halloween because they have too many released at the same time and I just spend all my time trying for, and most often failing, to get. If I do end up with one, it took so long that another was already released I need to try for. So I still have no time to catch up o rare, super rare and crystal animals.

At this rate the only new animals I will get will be limited and event animals and only end up with new permanent animals if I get lucky enough a botched breeding of a limited lands me a new animal.

This was a very fun game. Now it is rapidly becoming a game I am not sure I will be staying with.
    And that sucks, because it looks stunning. And used to be very fun.

But now too much goes on all at the same time with little results for all the time and effort I am putting in.
    And until that changes I am keeping my money to myself. I will, and have supported games I love. But this it too much.
    Last edited by deathunbalanced; 12-27-14 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sanya87 View Post
    after more then 40 breedings and trying for christmas animals, i managed to get only toy poodle and not just one but 5 of them. also 2 vinotaurs which is a super rare but seems like odds to get it now have been raised. and of course jackalopes, fallabies, solar simian and 30 ferrets. how hard can it be to get that reindeer? its only a rare animal for god's sake!
    I understand very much. I just got my very first Raindeer last night and then many more ferries! I find it strange that I had sold at least 6 Vinotaurs and kept an extra one but can't get a Poodle which is a rare and not a a super?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by auroramom View Post
    Ok, I'll try,lol. I have been on the verge of quitting numerous times myself. I am almost on level 40 & still no unicorn! Been playing since game 1st released in apple store. I also have never gotten the ocean owl, which I think is needed to get toucan. So I hope I can come back here in a day or two & say I have both! Lol
    So I was looking back to see when I wrote on this thread. I did get owl (& seahorse) shortly after I wrote this. I was able to get toucan pretty easily & have pretty good luck with a lot of the new animals. But still no unicorn!!! Will it ever happen? I refuse to buy it as it costs too much & it's like my quest to breed it. I've been level 40 now for awhile. Now that Christmas is over I have been trying again. I wish I could get this cute critter!

Rhino Keeper
    I think I'm done with Fantasy Forest, time to quit...
    I'm trying for Citrine Peregrin since introduction date of 28th November 2014 with a short 3-day break for Christmas creatures (cost me 700 gems for speeding)
    Almost 2 months 2-3 times a day I'm getting Leopard.
    I'm really tired of this game.

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast