Thread: Copied forest name

Farm Supplier

Copied forest name

Someone is using the same forest name as mine and I don't think it could be a coincidence. The name of my forest is sha62o which I though would be pretty unique and they even sent me. a friends request. Any ideas why anyone would want to copy a forest name?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sha62o View Post
    Someone is using the same forest name as mine and I don't think it could be a coincidence. The name of my forest is sha62o which I though would be pretty unique and they even sent me. a friends request. Any ideas why anyone would want to copy a forest name?
    They did it to mine too though I can't say mine was unique.
    Mine is brooklyn and saw another one with the same name. S/he was at a lower level so obviously it was created later than mine.
    Wish I had an answer to why.

Farm Supplier
    They are a much lower level than mine also.

Executive Chef
    I have a friend who received a friend request were the name of that forest it's the same as my friend, and like you, the forest who sent the friend request it's on a lower level.

On DS I have two neighbors with the same island name.

Executive Chef
    In DS, there are 5 other players with the same name. Here, there are two. It is common.

Quote Originally Posted by sha62o View Post
    Profile names (Forest Name) are not unique, unlike Storm8 IDs, it is possible to have the same profile names in the same game. They could also have been trying to type in your Storm8 ID to add you and in return, typed it in as their Forest Name.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Regina View Post
    Profile names (Forest Name) are not unique, unlike Storm8 IDs, it is possible to have the same profile names in the same game. They could also have been trying to type in your Storm8 ID to add you and in return, typed it in as their Forest Name.
    They used to be. When I first started playing TL games, it would say that name is taken, please choose another. I was very angry when I found out someone had the same name as me on DragonStory but got over it when I realized it wasn't their fault and they weren't working a scam of some sort