Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Improve performance by not animating the Collect icons

Improve performance by not animating the Collect icons

I just realised that this is the biggest drain on performance for me. I have a lot of epic dragons so my habitats fill up very quickly which means within an hour most of them will max out or at least start displaying the Collect icon. This little square has transparencies and bobs up and down rather meaninglessly. Every time I come back to the game it is super slow because of all these extra animations. Once I pop most of these, it suddenly speeds up and scrolling isn't painful anymore. In your next update can you remove this animation and replace the icon with something that has no need for transparencies?

The same could be applied to the Farm, Spa, Den, EvoChamber etc, although those don't occur in such high quantities as the coin collect.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Executive Chef
    Yes I found this too, but I don't think they should turn it off completely. I think somewhere in settings, they should have an animations tab where you could enable/disable coins animations, limit dragons to just walking/swimming(no flying) and some of the other game-slowers
    | FFS ~ Level 101 || RS2 ~ Level 44 || BS2 ~ Level 26 |

Banned
    It would be best if most animations were toned down and that there was a single collect all button for all habitats that collect silver. We should not have to tap 104 times to collect coins. That is so 1990s. Please make improvements TL and increase the habitat limit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LonePudding View Post
    limit dragons to just walking/swimming(no flying) and some of the other game-slowers
    FYI, this already happens on my island. No flying dragons any more. Still slow when you have almost 200 epic dragons

Rhino Keeper
    This would help allot seeing as how my game lags the most when I am collecting the coins. The animation isn't needed please take it away to improve performance.

One additional suggestion would be to make it so that the icon only pops up when you have a habitat that's two thirds full. From memory it usually pops up when only a third full, which is way too soon for me. Just reduce the icon air time in general.

On second thought maybe this thread should be in the suggestions forum.

Executive Chef
    I think that's a great idea. I also wish that the camera would not automatically pan when you tap the healing springs or the evolution chamber to move finished Dragon. 9 times out of ten, this causes me to crash.
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jim23cash View Post
    I think that's a great idea. I also wish that the camera would not automatically pan when you tap the healing springs or the evolution chamber to move finished Dragon. 9 times out of ten, this causes me to crash.
    I really dislike the panning. I don't really need to know where my healed dragon ends up because I know where it belongs, and then I have to scroll back through lagtown to put another dragon in it.

I'd love to have a toggle to disable the coin graphic all together. Have them collect when you click on an island, or have a collect all button. Or turn it on when you feel the need to collect coins.

Banned
    I have suggested a collect all button for months and months but you know how that is.

Quote Originally Posted by jim23cash View Post
    I made a suggestion for this a while ago in the suggestions board. Haven't seen any indication this will be considered. I have however worked out a solution myself. Due to the laggy nature of the game, if you double tap on the healing spring, you can actually release the dragon AND select the healing spring again before the panning actually gets anywhere thus cancelling the panning! This centres the screen on your healing spring!

In theory it also works if you click any other structure during the panning if you're not quick enough with the double taps. However since most of my habitats are full of coins, usually i just end up collecting coins and leaving a trails of desperate coin explosions during the pan >_<

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast