Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stuck on level 50

Fashion Designer
    I think every similar game I've played has had a maximum level which is only increased every so often. S8 is no different in that respect.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by idrispad View Post
    I think every similar game I've played has had a maximum level which is only increased every so often. S8 is no different in that respect.
    Yes, but level 50 for some years now? Most games I played have a maximum level of 100 and continue to add new levels over time. Castle Story won't be expanding for very much longer unless they add new islands to explore, so there's no real reason why they shouldn't add new levels now - near the end of its lifetime.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by queenofpolharcity View Post
    But it is an issue, because all those levels add up to a really huge amount of energy that we are not being given, and not being given the reason for. When TL finally got around to boosting us up to Level 50, we weren't given the full amount of energy in one lump that we would have received had we been allowed to level up to 50 from our own levels.

Now, when many of us old-timers have XPs that number in the in the 100s of thousands, the energy lump we should receive would be enormous! I want to know -- what TLs official reason for not allowing us to level up, and I want to know when they are going to "allow" us another level jump.

You say it isn't a big deal, but it really is to the early- and mid-level players who haven't accumulated a bunch of alicorns, and really need that occasional energy boost. And some things are just a matter of principle. TL just shouldn't do some of the things they do.
    It's a pity that they don't give the energy boxes to those who have been stuck on lvl 50 for ages when they do up the levels. Just so that they don't miss out on that energy boost when they do level up to whatever level it maybe!

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Some of the posts you are responding to are over 2 years old.... post that are flaming S8 have been removed.

Lvl 50

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Some of the posts you are responding to are over 2 years old.... post that are flaming S8 have been removed.
    Why aren’t they going to let us lvl up past 50? I’m currently at 50 and finishing up quests. Once I finish up then what? I’m not going to want to continue to play if I can’t level and challenge myself. Once you reach the end boredom is inevitable and then you leave to find a new, better and more challenging game. Please don’t bore me into leaving!

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jangofettz View Post
    Why aren’t they going to let us lvl up past 50? I’m currently at 50 and finishing up quests. Once I finish up then what? I’m not going to want to continue to play if I can’t level and challenge myself. Once you reach the end boredom is inevitable and then you leave to find a new, better and more challenging game. Please don’t bore me into leaving!
    Firstly, welcome to the forum. It's a great question and these are just my own initial thoughts on why they might not increase levels.

The last couple of years has seen us move more into event releases. There has been core story too but predominantly events. It's become clearer that the prizes from events (not counting citizens as rewards) have been to assist us to expand and to give more choice to players on what they decorate their kingdom with without necessarily compromising on drops.

So, events have different requirements based on game levels. Staying within a 2 or 3 tiered structure allows a much fairer approach to more players especially on those who do not purchase any or very little gems with real money. It also allows (I imagine) a quicker way to reproduce event formats which we've seen a lot of in varying forms.

I don't really see any benefit to increasing levels if it means that players who've been level 50 for a long long time might be required to need even more resources or energy to complete events. Many of us struggle now especially when random drops are included in event progress.

If you're not keen on participating in the fortnightly events on offer then I can absolutely see your point. Brand new storyline was introduced this week and there is always new land to open or you can work your way through the goals that Shibuya created. Thanks for the feedback though. I'm sure other players can offer their thoughts. SW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12