Thread: I Like CS Because...

I Like CS Because...

I've been playing this game for some eighteen plus months now and it is the only game of all the numerous games I've played by this or any other company that I repeatedly come back to. It's very easy to fall into an RPG, but sticking with it is another matter entirely.

Castle Story has given me hours of amusement, and while I've never regretted any of my criticisms for it, I've always felt guilty for not expressing, at least in equal measure, why I play it and will continue to do so. I am a faithful CSer! and will continue to be so unless some major changes take place in the way the game is run.

So! I've started a thread I could continue single-handedly if needs be, but I doubt it'll come to that because we love this game! Right? Right.

I love Castle Story Because:

1) The game makers listen to us. No joke. I can go back and look at some of my old old old old posts and point to exact examples. The creators care. It's a beautiful thing.

2) The design is so pretty. Seriously. I keep reorganizing my kingdom, sighing over how lovely all the decor is.

3) The creators make serious effort to engage players, old and new. As I've said, I'm an older player so I've been able to acquire quite a bit of everything the game offers. But of course I was a new player as well and was jealous of the more developed kingdoms before me. The fact that the CS team cares about players who've gotten past the initial growing stages is awesome because everyone who sticks with the game will benefit from that and it shows the level of importance TL places on maintaining interest.

4) Pretty much the whole game is conquerable through hard work and continuous effort. I don't have to spend money- therefore I do! Get it? Me neither. Except that I appreciate the rarity of disappointment because I was ineligible for gaining a decoration or whatnot because of a lack of gems (unlike other games I could mention). I'm on a budget- I'm not gonna spend all my money on a game. But I will spend fifteen bucks to support a game that gives me so much enjoyment. Like donating to Wikipedia (dude, I spend hours on there clicking from link to link) because I seriously appreciate service rendered.

So. Thank you TL. I love this game.
    Last edited by bowlfullofcherries; 11-13-14 at 05:13 PM.

Executive Chef
    Check out the "Woo Hoo" thread for Castle Story, too! It's a place to say "Woo Hoo, this happened today" or other reasons you love CS. Like I posted a couple of days ago - Woo Hoo! I got an Alicorn horn from an adventure! It's fun to read why other people are woo Hoo-ing, too.
    Annie
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

Executive Chef
    I love CS because it gives me enjoyment even on my darkest days.

Executive Chef
    bowlfullofcherries, I am with you on all counts of your post! And I totally get the money thing lol.

All I can think of to add to that list right now is that I love how they give us something brand new almost every single week. I find that amazing! And this coming from someone who has played a LOT of iOS games lol. I may not be a high enough level to participate in each weekly update, or may not be interested in it every single time, but I still appreciate the effort that goes into it and the quality of the results, and more often than not take part.

Executive Chef
    I totally Agree with you Bowlfullofcherries!

And I get the money part as well

What I can think of right now is the thread Called "Castle Story Anonymous" Where all the CS'ers talk about their addiction to this unique game, and how it affects their daily life, and some ( including me ) dream about it at night
    Even regular mundane things occuring, remind them of CS.

Yes I pay for my gems, and I gladly do that because without money, how TL staff will continue?!
    yes we criticize CS but it is a constructive criticism, never meant to be mean for the sake of it.
    I still remember the up-roar about the Icon ( was one of those appalled by the change) and yes TL listened to us and gave us back our CASTLE

It is a versatile game as in it gives each player what they seek! Some like the landscaping side while others like the maths behind it and planning strategies, accordingly, some like longterm goals while others want Caravans and fast achievable quests, and CS delivers.

The first thing I do in the morning ( after drinking coffee ) is check CS.
    Yes, sometimes I forget to kiss my husband, but I NEVER fail to check on my Queendom
    Last edited by Liloze; 11-14-14 at 01:30 PM.
    💎💎Gem confirmation button please!💎💎

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Love this thread and as a fellow addict, agree wholeheartedly.

I also really love the social aspect of the game. The friends I have made here makes it very special. I'm a bit chatty (yes I know this will not surprise you ) and I love the wall. there are truly some very special and amazing gals and guys who play this game. I hope you all have friends like this in your game too. Friends who inspire you, encourage you, spam your wall with birthday wishes (loved that) and can help you in the game if they don't come here to the forum, or you are that person to others.

LOVE THIS GAME!!

6) Pop culture jokes our avatar and her/his friends deliver. So fun.

Yay! So glad not to be alone in my addiction/woo-hooing. I did think this thread would have a bit of a different meaning to those two threads but whatevs! We complain a lot- why not crow in excess too? Because this could also be the Why-Castle-Story-is-the-Bestest-RPG-EVER thread. Just sayin. This was actually meant to be very similar to the Anon thread but you add as you play- I've posted my shame in that thread but... darest I go back to gusheth mor...eth?
    Last edited by bowlfullofcherries; 11-13-14 at 05:18 PM.

I love CS because it's the first game that has made me want to buy gems. I like that your goals are working towards making your game play easier. But I must say that I do like the "SPECIAL TIME" with my husband more. Does that not make me a true CS fanatic. ����/7 ��if you take it away. And might ��if you try. ��

Farm Supplier
    Yes, I love this game! I'm not sure how long I've played, but I know it's been over a year. I've never stuck with a phone game this long. And I pretty much check it everyday. I love the constant updates, and how even when you're done with the quest lines, there's still a ton of stuff to do. The buildings, decorations, and characters are almost all lovely. I enjoy how we continue to expand into new aspects of the game, like we get to know the fairies and the trolls. It's really cool plot development.