Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limited gifts

Limited gifts

I just want to state to the TL team that 3 gifts a day are just not enough, I have over 400 nbrs, true well over half of them are not active, but still, say 100 are active, how do I gift with only 3 a day. U need to increase this, I have noticed the wall posting agree with me, help us to help our nbrs by increasing the amount even if it is only by 2

Host(ess)
    Along similar lines, it would be awesome if the list of giftable items was expanded!! Would love to be able to give other items to my neighbors (e.g., my extra ghosts and bats in the last community events).

Fashion Designer
    Bah, this is just let Dragon Story with the gifting, then. But at least in Dragon Story, you could gift gold, which is essentially the gems in this game. If we could gift gems, then the 3 limit would make sense. But things like Ore and Glimmerdust? Really?

On a side note, what in the world does the sparkles that neighbors give you for "helping you out"? I can't make the sparkles go away since I can't collect anything on them, does it just lessen the time on them? Increased chances for drops?
    I am no longer accepting new neighbor requests at this time, I have more than enough for now. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LavaRain8 View Post
    On a side note, what in the world does the sparkles that neighbors give you for "helping you out"? I can't make the sparkles go away since I can't collect anything on them, does it just lessen the time on them? Increased chances for drops?

You collect the sparkles when the building is ready for collection.. It gives you like 15% more in coins with the sparkles.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Nightclub Owner
    In the early version of the CS, gems where in the gift list IRC.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    You collect the sparkles when the building is ready for collection.. It gives you like 15% more in coins with the sparkles.
    Thanks! Seems like a weird bonus since you can't just readily get rid of them like other games. This may be like DS for me and gets to the point where I can't deal with these long term goals based on random luck, but I'll stick it out a little longer for now...
    I am no longer accepting new neighbor requests at this time, I have more than enough for now. Thanks!

Rhino Keeper
    I agree that we should be able to gift at least a few more neighbors. This game really encourages you to reach out to the community and invite neighbors - goals that have you ask neighbors for things (healing oil, skunk solvent, minstrels etc). Even early quests required you to have new neighbors. It would be nice to be able to gift more than 3. I have a great group of neighbors and it gets tricky keeping track. I know gifts are 'gifts' and not obligations, but I was raised to be polite and return a kindness

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LavaRain8 View Post
    Thanks! Seems like a weird bonus since you can't just readily get rid of them like other games. This may be like DS for me and gets to the point where I can't deal with these long term goals based on random luck, but I'll stick it out a little longer for now...
    CS is different than DS, random luck in DS simply prevail, as I am experiencing it, IT IS the rule!
    Either you get the dragon you need to finish a goal or you don't, even if you try 100 times.

In Castle Story there are SLOW goals, meaning they take time, but you certainly achieve them, while other goals are short term and you can achieve them fast.
    The random drops do exist, ( for very rare items) but unlike DS (where you don't know which egg you will get until you get it) they DO drop.

I am playing DS now, but I will be quitting and deleting the game soon, because it is ridicoulous to get the same egg again and again and wait 24 hours to hatch it, to try again ...and again...and again, and never get the right dragon to achieve a goal !

I have like more than 30 goals in my book, lol

Nope totally different.
    Just my 2 cents as I played both games
    Last edited by Liloze; 11-15-14 at 01:24 PM.
    💎💎Gem confirmation button please!💎💎

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Liloze View Post

I have like more than 30 goals in my book.
    I had 27 last week, 40 today. I have 2 in CS. I've stopped looking in both for different reasons. In CS 1 is too late to complete before the next potential update. Needs too much of 3 resources. The other could take a month to complete so I'm just trying to work on that to keep it going while I keep my other resources topped up. In DS well got a tip to use 2 dragons of 4 elements to keep getting a variety. I tend to build one habitat or clear one expansion a day. I'm no longer running to quests there. I might get bored after a while but who knows.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Liloze View Post
    CS is different than DS, random luck in DS simply prevail, as I am experiencing it, IT IS the rule!
    Either you get the dragon you need to finish a goal or you don't, even if you try 100 times.

In Castle Story there are SLOW goals, meaning they take time, but you certainly achieve them, while other goals are short term and you can achieve them fast.
    The random drops do exist, ( for very rare items) but unlike DS (where you don't know which egg you will get until you get it) they DO drop.

I am playing DS now, but I will be quitting and deleting the game soon, because it is ridicoulous to get the same egg again and again and wait 24 hours to hatch it, to try again ...and again...and again, and never get the right dragon to achieve a goal !

I have like more than 30 goals in my book, lol

Nope totally different.
    Just my 2 cents as I played both games
    I'm sure some people will still find it enjoyable enough, just like with DS, but the entire package (of both) just seems a bit more off-putting to me over the other Story games I do play. CS seems to require a LOT more logins to be efficient than other games. You need a lot of the 15 min. stone blocks and wood beams, so best to always keep going back and making more in your two workshops, not sure if that changes later. Then you need to use said items to make the Fancy ones. Not only to build new buildings, but to upgrade.

All the while juggling your energy usage, that you must use to keep up your wood/rock supplies, and collect from buildings, and 1 for each farm plot, etc. Once you get all that you can get, which isn't everything sometimes, you have to just wait until it recharges to go back and do the rest. By that time, other things could have refreshed and you're stuck with the energy management issue again. Whereas some games I can just do a few longer actions and still make decent progress, I feel like this one needs you to use up the energy or it's just being wasted at full, as you can't acquire more than the max. Along with waiting for rare drops as you're accomplishing said tasks.

So, I dunno. I like the theme of it and the location has potential to fix up to make it look interesting the further along you get. It's just the getting there part that has me apprehensive. Not entirely done with it yet, so still giving it a chance for now since I do see some potential in it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast