Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pumpkin Panda - 2014 Nov 14

Pumpkin Panda - 2014 Nov 14

edit(KP) 12-9-14

Quote Originally Posted by Hawksmoor View Post
    I had a pop up, took a pic at 6:48pm EST. Just under a week to get it.

Attachment 17134

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13.JPG 
Views:	2431 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	16631

One of the most vibrant colors of fall is orange, and it is the best color all around! This Creature is known to evade predators by using their natural camouflage to hide in pumpkin patches, look out for the Pumpkin Panda in Fantasy Forest Story!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_inline_newcxll7bR1qm7yoc.png 
Views:	132 
Size:	262.3 KB 
ID:	16630  
    Last edited by kooky panda; 12-09-14 at 05:21 PM. Reason: enlarged photo

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by the_harlequin View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_inline_newcxll7bR1qm7yoc.png 
Views:	132 
Size:	262.3 KB 
ID:	16630

One of the most vibrant colors of fall is orange, and it is the best color all around! This Creature is known to evade predators by using their natural camouflage to hide in pumpkin patches, look out for the Pumpkin Panda in Fantasy Forest Story!
    Oh, great. Now we probably have ANOTHER 'limited' animal coming out soon. Since it's fall-esque themed, let's all assume right off the bat that it's limited even if it doesn't say it's limited when it first comes out...

I honestly don't know what to think anymore... :\ Now, whenever a new critter comes out, all I feel is dread. And it's mostly due to the fact that every new animal that comes out now will automatically be stamped 'limited' in my brain since TL screwed us all over on the Frankenswine debacle (and it came with no real warning for players) -___-

It's pretty for sure, and I'll probably try for it when it first comes out, but if I don't get it in the first few tries I'll probably just give up on it completely since I don't need the aggravation that comes with excessively trying to breed an animal out that may or may not be limited in the future. I don't need that type of stress again, especially when I have ten or so 'permanent' animals still to breed out that would be a better investment in my time
    Last edited by ArcadiaTofu; 11-12-14 at 02:22 AM.
    All of my TL accounts are under ArcadiaTofu. Add me and 9 times out of 10 I'll add you quickly and try to gift as much as possible

Rhino Keeper
    how many 'limited' animals are we looking at here right now? the bansheep, the toucan, the new fallaby, and now this? they're seriously planning to drop four possibly limited animals on us at the same time? plus the tournament monkey?

this is beyond ridiculous. there do not need to be this many animals at all. not even close.
    fantasy forest story
    aiming for a complete album!
    ~*~
    currently on-task: 119/124

Executive Chef
    TL stop shoving new animals down our throats. There's too many animals it's like I can't keep up and it's so hard getting gem animals. You should make it easier for the players who don't have gem animals . Let us know in the beginning when the animals are introduce that they are limited or not. It's not fair what you did with the Frankenswine because you gave us only Three days. Hopefully, in the future no more stupid tricks like that

Rhino Keeper
    Guys, stop. How can you be mad about little ole Pumpkin Panda. Besides, I have a feeling it's going to be out next year too. Fall is not like the Olympics or FIFA World Cup. It happens every year. Ditto with the Halloween Critters. But I am still mad at TL for releasing an animal a day after the first one this week is released.

I don't see it anywhere tho.
    Last edited by JeannesThinkin; 11-12-14 at 07:56 AM.
    ~Daily Fantasy Forest Story Player~
    Level 39
    Album: 44/81
    Currently Trying For: Treasure Toucan
    Super Rares and Ultra Rares

Vinotaur, Magmacore, Ancient Sloth, Vampire Cat, Skeletal Dragon, Yak-O-Lantern, Glacial Griffin, Ocean Owl, Hydro Yak, Sea Horse, Cosmic Phoenix, Aurora Pegasus, Frankenswine, Nightmare, Terrorier, Twilight Troll, Scarecrow

~Dragon Story Player~
    ON PARTIAL HIATUS
    Plays enough to breed, evolve, collect, battle dragons, send gold, and accept requests.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbpluff View Post
    they're seriously planning to drop four possibly limited animals on us at the same time? plus the tournament monkey?
    No. There is NO EVIDENCE whatsoever that those animals are limited. The Toucan is especially unlikely to be limited. While yes, the others are (vaguely) halloween themed and fall themed, that doesn't mean that they can't be permanent creatures. A mod reported that they don't have plans to remove the Bansheep at this time. If they do remove the fall animals, you would presumably have at least until fall is over so probably almost a month.

As far as limited animals causing so much stress, they really shouldn't. You do not HAVE to get every limited animal. If an animal is removed it does not count toward your album. Once it's gone there's no evidence that it even existed if you didn't get one. I would only recommend exclusively breeding for a limited animal if you really like that particular animal. Not just because it MAY be limited in the future. The Fallaby is just another flying Fairy Ferrett clone, so who cares? This one looks just like a Pandaffodil.

I thoroughly agree that what happened with the Frankenswine was unfair. But it was much more clearly themed than any of the other animals people have been worried about. Not EVERY new animal is going to be removed. And if they are, it's not going to be immediately. And if they are, who cares? You can forget it and move on to the next new animal. Calm down everyone!

Executive Chef
    The only animal that seems that will be one day limited is Fallaby, because of the description, it talks about of autumn leaves.

Scarecrow and Frankenswine are expired, halloween animals.
    Bansheep doesn't have any reference of a season on the discription. Toucan the same, TL would never release a gem animal that gives gems and them remove, it's more likely that they 1st release 1 or 2 gem animals and the rest can be limited.

Pumpkin Panda to me doesn't seems to be a limited animal, but if it's a limited one, probably is a Christmas animal, but "pumpkin" to me is more halloweenie.
    Last edited by cocauina; 11-12-14 at 08:54 AM.

Fashion Designer
    I think I'd be more excited about an EXPANTION to room these new animals really were are we meant to put this one??????

Fashion Designer
    Pumpkin can be a symbol of Halloween, Thanksgiving, or Fall in general. Pumpkin Panda is most likely Fall or Thanksgiving.

So what if it's limited? People panic and fuss like these things mean the end of the world for them. Players indicated that they want holiday items, right? So TL delivers. Is it their fault that Fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Winter all come one on the heels of the other? And is it really reasonable to expect holiday animals to hang around indefinitely? Bad enough we have no stables to hide them. (And if we ever do, it won't be very affordable.)

The poor Pumpkin Panda isn't even here yet and people are grumbling. Come on, guys!

TL is not rolling out a bunch of limited animals at the same time, nor removing them all at the same time. Except for the 6-day Scarecrow, there has been ample time to attempt breeding every limited animal so far. I say ample time for attempts; not necessarily ample time to get it, if your luck happens to roll the other way. Some of us will not succeed in breeding an animal before its timer runs out. Regrettable but forgettable. Game goes on and, in some cases, the animal returns briefly the folowing year.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by A2TUDE View Post
    I think I'd be more excited about an EXPANTION to room these new animals really were are we meant to put this one??????
    If you have absolutely no duplicates, have reached the habitat max, have expanded and cleared everything, have as many big habitats that can possibly fit with other essential buildings on the currently available 41 plots, THEN you are officially in a jam that is not one of your own making. (This extreme problem is not yet attainable.)

If we were at a point where the game had more animals than could possibly be housed, and this Pumpkin Panda came along, the player lucky (or unlucky) enough to have one of every type with absolutely no space for one more would be wise to sell his/her Pandaffodil (even if it's epic) and give the pumpkin-head bear that space until more land and habitats become available. It's a Panda.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast