Page 17 of 63 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Tournament: Thanksgibbon 11-11-14

Executive Chef
    It's at the end like round 25 then I have to repeat a few times.

Rhino Keeper
    So far lost 7 times in the first 7 rounds and still struggling against the jackalope. Used the best elements and super rares and ultra rare. The first rounds are supposed to be the easy rounds. Glad I do not like the gibbon.
    So I will see where this will end.
    🆔 Bambamstad

Rhino Keeper
    At lv6, I only had to repeat the second and third round once. I'd say it's so far so good...
    ~Daily Fantasy Forest Story Player~
    Level 39
    Album: 44/81
    Currently Trying For: Treasure Toucan
    Super Rares and Ultra Rares

Vinotaur, Magmacore, Ancient Sloth, Vampire Cat, Skeletal Dragon, Yak-O-Lantern, Glacial Griffin, Ocean Owl, Hydro Yak, Sea Horse, Cosmic Phoenix, Aurora Pegasus, Frankenswine, Nightmare, Terrorier, Twilight Troll, Scarecrow

~Dragon Story Player~
    ON PARTIAL HIATUS
    Plays enough to breed, evolve, collect, battle dragons, send gold, and accept requests.

Fashion Designer
    I lost round 4 a few times but I'm pretty sure I can beat this without spending any gems. Today and tomorrow, every hour on the hour I will be battling! Lol I don't want another repeat on missing out on the Nightmare. IMO he was the prettiest horsey around!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SkippySkyler View Post
    Try Ancient Sloth, first with leaf and second earth is critical hit, I have no gem either, but this worked just fine.

Hope my reply is right this time
    Thank you so much! First hit was critical!

Fashion Designer
    I'm about to give up trying to figure out the reassignment of strengths and weaknesses. It simply isn't adding up.
    Earth is still being rated weak against Earth-Nature, so why the heck is Nature not being consistently strong against Earth-Nature, Water-Earth or Pure Earth??? We have at least one report of a strong rating, but most are coming up unrated, presumably neutral.
    I'm beginning to wonder whether the element tutorial has been properly updated. If not, it may be giving us false ratings; not in most cases, but some -- particularly for battles involving Earth.

For all we know, they may not have completely worked out how Treasure fits into the pecking order, which may explain a few erratic ratings. But they wouldn't launch a tournament without first getting that set, would they? Hah! This is TeamLava, no? Anything's possible. I'm not saying that's the case; just don't know what else to make of this conundrum.

I advise sticking with the guidelines we had for the last tournament. But if a previously proven and recommended combo fails at least twice against any Earth hybrid, try to beat the other element. Not sure what else we can do but rely on neutrality, rarity, level and luck.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Executive Chef
    Just popping in to say I will be able to take the time to update my table on page 1 in an hour and a half or so.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post
    I'm about to give up trying to figure out the reassignment of strengths and weaknesses. It simply isn't adding up.
    Earth is still being rated weak against Earth-Nature, so why the heck is Nature not being consistently strong against Earth-Nature, Water-Earth or Pure Earth??? We have at least one report of a strong rating, but most are coming up unrated, presumably neutral.
    I'm beginning to wonder whether the element tutorial has been properly updated. If not, it may be giving us false ratings; not in most cases, but some -- particularly for battles involving Earth.

For all we know, they may not have completely worked out how Treasure fits into the pecking order, which may explain a few erratic ratings. But they wouldn't launch a tournament without first getting that set, would they? Hah! This is TeamLava, no? Anything's possible. I'm not saying that's the case; just don't know what else to make of this conundrum.

I advise sticking with the guidelines we had for the last tournament. But if a previously proven and recommended combo fails at least twice against any Earth hybrid, try to beat the other element. Not sure what else we can do but rely on neutrality, rarity, level and luck.
    I agree with you. I posted a bug in the bug section yesterday about the Nature vs. Earth situation but haven't received a reply yet. The one suggestion I have, is that when you are dealing with Water/Earth opponents; avoid Electric/Nature when possible since it introduces a weakness into the situation. I have switched to Dark/Nature in this situation and it has worked out much better.

Fashion Designer
    In case any one is still there...like me....I beat the 3rd round rainguin with the shock fox (electric-earth) using electric. My fox is at level 11

Rhino Keeper
    These are my winners so far.
    1- Rock Rhino/15
    2- Glacial Griffin/11
    3- Lightning Leopard/13
    4- Chameneon/5 (1 dark attack)
    5- Grassquatch/15 (1 nature attack)
    6- Rock Rhino/15 (1 critical earth attack, lost both Volcamel & Ancient Sloth, both had 3 strong earth attacks)

I wasn't keeping track of my attacks at first.
    Last edited by Em_storm; 11-12-14 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Added info
    Another day in Team Lava Land, another collection of coins, another trip to that change machine at the grocery store...