Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263 LastLast

Thread: Battle Tournament: Thanksgibbon 11-11-14

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambamstad View Post
    Sorry to here you didn't make it to the final battle. But this wasn't bad luck, 27 losses against the same creature is totally unfair. Let's hope TL brings some fairness in the tournaments, besides luck.
    Everything about FFS is so luck-based it's ridiculous. I wish they would at LEAST let s**** count for more in arena battles than luck but sadly, even in the one aspect of the game we can exercise some s**** to get somewhere, they make luck count for many times what s**** in fighter selection (and s****ful planning for leveling the fighters) does. It *almost* doesn't even matter what animal you choose to fight with. Luck is such a huge factor in the equation that it totally dwarfs the s**** factor. One of the things I wish they'd improve about this game that's been bothering me since the ancient sloth battlefields in what, July?

So sorry to everyone that Luck denied the win to. Hopefully next time Luck will be on your side.

Rhino Keeper
    I dont understand why 3 strong hits does not = a win. What is the point of strongs, weaks and neutrals when none of it means **** if u dont get a crit?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Aernak View Post
    I dont understand why 3 strong hits does not = a win. What is the point of strongs, weaks and neutrals when none of it means **** if u dont get a crit?
    I was thinking the same thing.
    This tournament has been by far my worst one. From round 21 through 30 I struggled with each and everyone of them and mind you, I have a full album of rares and super rares.

Fashion Designer
    This morning I hatched a failed something and got what I imagine is a porcupine egg. I went to my storage thinking it would be a great time to throw my beautiful thanksgibbon egg on the nest....well. Not there. So now I am back to emailing support for the second time in one month over things that I have bought or won that are not showing up in my game. I hate to say I used over 100 gems on ultimate attacks near the end just to be sure I got him.

I want to cry.

Aaaand less than 24 hrs later and team lava checked, replied, and returned the little bugger to my storage. Yay! Thank-you TL support. Amazing quick service. Me fella happy too much!
    Last edited by saucysammis; 11-19-14 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Problem solved!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Aernak View Post
    ...because it's not actually a strong hit; it's a standard hit which delivers 25-33% damage. That's why 3 of them can never win a battle. The message you get with standard hits come from the element tutorial, which is only rating the element -- nothing else.

THE TUTORIAL DOES NOT SCORE YOUR ATTACK. "Strong Attack" only means strong element.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    Everything about FFS is so luck-based it's ridiculous. I wish they would at LEAST let s**** count for more in arena battles than luck but sadly, even in the one aspect of the game we can exercise some s**** to get somewhere, they make luck count for many times what s**** in fighter selection (and s****ful planning for leveling the fighters) does. It *almost* doesn't even matter what animal you choose to fight with. Luck is such a huge factor in the equation that it totally dwarfs the s**** factor. One of the things I wish they'd improve about this game that's been bothering me since the ancient sloth battlefields in what, July?

So sorry to everyone that Luck denied the win to. Hopefully next time Luck will be on your side.
    This is what really frustrated me at the weekend and why I gave up. I actually looked back yesterday and realised that out of the 5 Arena tournaments we have had I have only won 1 and that is because I used up 30 gems to use an ultimate attack on a Unicorn. On every tournament I have not been able to beat the Unicorn. If there is a Christmas Arena Tournament to win one of the animals coming out I am not sure what to do as it just feels like I am doomed when I come up against a Unicorn

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeh2369 View Post
    This is what really frustrated me at the weekend and why I gave up. I actually looked back yesterday and realised that out of the 5 Arena tournaments we have had I have only won 1 and that is because I used up 30 gems to use an ultimate attack on a Unicorn. On every tournament I have not been able to beat the Unicorn. If there is a Christmas Arena Tournament to win one of the animals coming out I am not sure what to do as it just feels like I am doomed when I come up against a Unicorn
    You need a Strong Dark Super Rare to maximize your odds of beating the Unicorn. Preferably Dark/Fire since it is best against the Emerald Dragon as well. I recommend that you determine what your highest level Dark/Fire Super Rare is, (my favorite is Cosmic Phoenix) and bring that creature up to level 15 before the next arena tournament. That will maximize your odds against both the Unicorn and Emerald Dragon. Now is a good time to prepare for the next tournament.

Rhino Keeper

Thanksgibbon times two?

does anyone else have the thanksgibbon back in their shop? I just went to check the bio for the treebra and noticed him when I scrolled down out of habit.

he's the same price as he was during his own tournament, but is it an odd glitch or an odd, unprompted surprise?
    fantasy forest story
    aiming for a complete album!
    ~*~
    currently on-task: 119/124

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Now you see him, now you don't! ;D

Thanksgibbon was unintentionally available for a quick minute, but he's since been returned to the Forest to be with his friends. Apologies for any confusion!

Executive Chef
    TL has been having to many problems controlling thanksgibbon. During its tournament someone even bred the boy...
    It seems he is quite rebellious... I hope he's a good fighter also... Haven't used him yet but I probably will soon