Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495 LastLast

Thread: New Tournament - Barbarian Dragon - 11-11-2014 (IOS only)

Executive Chef
    Hey everyone!! Hope you all got your new champ! Im happy to announce that my son won his 1st champ! No diamonds no champs atall....one happy boy!!
    Myself i got stuck on black diamond...i ran out of time!
    That was a hard tourney!! Sorry i wasnt posting much...real life kinda got in the way this time! Anyway congrats to all the winners...and for those like myself theres always next time
    Great job everyone

Executive Chef
    Just wondering for next time(I want to ensure that I win next time)...
    What's the best strategy?:
    1) speeding through the easier first rounds so you have more time on the harder rounds
    OR...
    2) speed through the harder rounds after a loss?
    I'm attempting to save gold for this, and I'm not very good at that! At 20 so far since 0 yesterday!
    | FFS ~ Level 101 || RS2 ~ Level 44 || BS2 ~ Level 26 |

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by LonePudding View Post
    1) speeding through the easier first rounds so you have more time on the harder rounds
    OR...
    I'm attempting to save gold for this, and I'm not very good at that! At 20 so far since 0 yesterday!
    first, let me ask....how do you get 20 gold in one day, lucky you!

personally i try to battle every single hour the first and second day to get past the first 15 rounds quite fast as i konw i will get stuck one day at least in a few dragons.... i usually speed rounds in those dragons, normally 15,20,25 i speed them up by half hour, so i only spend 2 gold, i cant tell for sure of course but usually after i speed up, i tend to have better luck in beating the dragon, but that could be just random.

also, i do what a lot of people have been suggesting. for the harder dragons i dont use 10 of my best dragons, specially those that have 10% chance for pretty much any dragon you use, i use babies and non-important dragons in between, keeping in mind which dragons im supposed to use next round.

and, last, i keep it in my mind that im ready to ultimate the last or before last round, i wouldnt do it way before beacuse i cant afford to ultimate more than one round and there's no sense for me to ultimate round 20 and then never make it past 25...but that's just my personal scenario.

its kinda a full time job when there's a tournament haha

Executive Chef
    OR...
    I have tried both of the above strategies and a mixture of the two and in my opinion I get through quicker when I speed up the later rounds. I think the opponents get a little tired. However I never spend more that 12 gold speeding on any particular round as otherwise I might as well use ultimate, which I sometimes do, if I am short of time and can't battle every hour. I probably get about 110 gold a week with my gold giving dragons and gifts and only use my gold for tourneys, so I always have plenty.

Executive Chef
    This was my most frustrating tourney ever. I must have had to re-do rounds I had won about 30 times as my progress kept getting lost (and yes, i tried all the usual methods to ensure I was synched to TLs server). In the end I limped to round 27 on one account and 24 on the other, so decided that i would sprint to the end by playing each round once and if it didn't look like I was going to win using ultimate AND sped up between rounds. Doing this got me to the end on both accounts, but there is still something wrong with my arena and the saving of progress is very erratic. Incidentally, I only need to use ultimate twice on 1 account and 3 times on the other which was lucky, i suppose.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by maizee0404 View Post
    Hey everyone!! Hope you all got your new champ! Im happy to announce that my son won his 1st champ! No diamonds no champs atall....one happy boy!!
    Myself i got stuck on black diamond...i ran out of time!
    That was a hard tourney!! Sorry i wasnt posting much...real life kinda got in the way this time! Anyway congrats to all the winners...and for those like myself theres always next time
    Great job everyone
    congrats to your son!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by azucita View Post
    first, let me ask....how do you get 20 gold in one day, lucky you!

personally i try to battle every single hour the first and second day to get past the first 15 rounds quite fast as i konw i will get stuck one day at least in a few dragons.... i usually speed rounds in those dragons, normally 15,20,25 i speed them up by half hour, so i only spend 2 gold, i cant tell for sure of course but usually after i speed up, i tend to have better luck in beating the dragon, but that could be just random.

also, i do what a lot of people have been suggesting. for the harder dragons i dont use 10 of my best dragons, specially those that have 10% chance for pretty much any dragon you use, i use babies and non-important dragons in between, keeping in mind which dragons im supposed to use next round.

and, last, i keep it in my mind that im ready to ultimate the last or before last round, i wouldnt do it way before beacuse i cant afford to ultimate more than one round and there's no sense for me to ultimate round 20 and then never make it past 25...but that's just my personal scenario.

its kinda a full time job when there's a tournament haha
    Well I had 26 gold - earned 10 gold twice when questing with my fire dragon and I also have gold partners!.... Then I spent 6 gold to speed up a breeding (I'm so rubbish at saving lol)!!

Thanks for the advice azucita, it was so helpful I had to screenshot it! I especially like the idea of speeding after a half hour wait! I don't know why I never thought of that...I guess some people are not so economically smart (in gold or real money!)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by belbar22 View Post
    I have tried both of the above strategies and a mixture of the two and in my opinion I get through quicker when I speed up the later rounds. I think the opponents get a little tired. However I never spend more that 12 gold speeding on any particular round as otherwise I might as well use ultimate, which I sometimes do, if I am short of time and can't battle every hour. I probably get about 110 gold a week with my gold giving dragons and gifts and only use my gold for tourneys, so I always have plenty.
    I might have to invest in some gold giving dragons!!

Executive Chef
    I might have to invest in some gold giving dragons!!
    I bought them when they were on sale for 800 gold. I missed buying treasure cos I was procrastinating about using up my gold store, but I have 2 and they are a great investment cos as I said you can always get enough gold between tourneys to use some ultimates and speed up a few rounds. I usually finish the tourneys on a Thursday evening/Friday lunchtime at the latest but this is only possible by using some gold.

Fashion Designer
    i so want a gold dragon on sale....