Page 43 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚔Thuakie Sword Society⚔ (Castle Story)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    BANQUET TABLE (4 active) NW, Sunny, Rockazar, Chief Beef
    (ALL Thuakians can make submissions for 2 categories for this table.)
    Submissions by: NW, Chief Beef, Moon

-->MASCOT/BANNER SIGIL:
    Centaur w/diamond horns & holding ⚔️ above his head
    Queen Bee:
    [bee wearing item of headwear to represent & match possible chosen Order (to represent the Poobah], overlaid on a honeycomb pattern (to represent the Society)]
    Peacock:
    [Symbolizes: compassion, expression, freedom, incorruptibility, integrity, good luck, guardian to royalty, kindness, love, nobility, nurturing, patience, protection, royalty, spirituality, and vision of 100 eyes (of the tail).]
    A combo of multiple submissions (write-in)

TABLE DESCRIPTOR NAME: Not taking submissions, already set. Stay tuned for Roster posting.

-->ORDER:
    (Most Noble or Royal?) Order of the Paper Crown
    (Most Noble or Royal?) Order of the Tinfoil Hats
    Order of the Polygon Table
    Order of the Tinsel Tops (tinsel another word for tinfoil, goes well with tops)
    Order of the ChuckleWoods (chuckle meaning laughter, woods from NW)
    Order of the Golden Wigs (color of highest order, wigs cause it's funny but clear it's headwear)
    Order of the Big Wig (still worn by British barristers & judges, etc today)
    Order of the Tophats & Fascinators
    (Fascinator: a form of formal headwear worn by women as an alternative to the hat; it is usually a large decorative design attached to a band or clip, sometimes incorporating a base to resemble a hat, in which case it may be called a hatinator.)
    Order of the Tophats & Hatinators
    Order of the Oxford & Stiletto
    A combo of multiple submissions
    - Most Noble Royal Order of the Big (Golden?) Wig in a Paper Crown
    - Most Noble Royal Order of the Big (Golden?) Wig in a Tinfoil Hat
    - Write-in your own combo of multiple submissions

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    For the mascot/sigil: I was thinking of royal animals like Stag/Doe, Stallion/Mare, Lion/Lioness, or hawk, falcon.

Color: black? since it looks like 1st round is going gold and 2nd round is going silver

Order: sorry I've got nothing on this one. There are some real good suggestions already.

RL has taken my creative juices away. That's all I've got. Sorry!
    Sunny Squire to the Grand Poobah
    ⚔ Proud Member of the Thuakie Sword Society! ⚔

Proud owner of this, engraved #1, 'Needle' Sword: ☀️ ={}=========>

Executive Chef
    Added it for ya, Sparkle.

Extra thought, next day, lol: I am *dying* to give your Table a suggestion for an Order that stays in the funny clothing genre and fits that current overall cosmic theme, but I've already disallowed myself from giving it! LOL
    (So, if any 4th RT member wants to know it & claim it as their own, lemme know. Lol)
    Speak-up oh Grand Poobah!!!

Don't see why our Leader's suggestions shouldn't be added to all the lists of choice and for all Tables' requests needed.
    Our Grande Poobah is a member of TSS too.. and should vote a choice as well.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Fashion Designer
    I was recently blasted with creativity, for some reason, thought it came from the North but perhaps it came from a more southerly direction...

Ok... are you familiar with Marvin the Martian, a Looney Tunes cartoon?
    If it was before your time
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_the_Martian

The funny Order idea that came to me with the Suns, Stars, Alien, Crescent Moon, Cosmos & Galaxy theme is...

Order of Marvin the Martian's Green TuTu & Push-Broom Helmet
    Or maybe could take out his name so it's just...
    Order of the Green TuTu & Push-Broom Helmet
    But "Martian" in there gives it galactic cohesion. He'd even make a good mascot, lol

Silly, isn’t it....hope y’all enjoy and get a chuckle
    Last edited by ashley224; 06-21-18 at 08:06 AM.
    TSS #77 🎉💥⬅️ 💫✨☯🔮😈🔮{🖐💖}======🎰=======>✨💫

Executive Chef
    Sunny Squire ~ The categories above gold are usually platinum or diamond but I don't know about platinum or diamond animals, lol [plus, I'm using those 2 elsewhere for the Banquet Table (& gold, silver, etc etc etc on down the line lol); y'all just don't know about it yet. Muwahaha!] ....
    Purple is usually the regal color of royalty but I dunno about that for a Sigil animal either. I'm also not too sure about black for the Banquet Table (Black is already being used elsewhere; y'all also don't know about that yet, LOL!) ... so I'll add all the royal animals you listed but how about iridescent (like light seen through a prism or Swarovski crystal) or glow-in-the-dark? LOL ... or just pure white maybe on a purple banner background? (In LOTR, Gandolf the Grey was reborn as the stronger, wiser & head of the Order of Wizards as Gandolf the White. Black would be associated with Sauron the Dark Lord of Mordor (& not so good, lol).]
    But you tell me which color that you want listed with your royal animals (or I can list all options above+) --- lemme know which way ya wanna go.

Moon ~ ...um, check out the post directly after & beneath yours, lol.

✨Sparkle ~ lol, yes I'm chuckling (& happy to add Marvin to the 4th RT lists for you. *wink wink*) lol
    Btw, if at some point we decide to add Table Mottos like Game of Thrones has for the different "Houses" (lol, yeah I know, I'm getting too carried away. Again. LOL), Marvin also had some funny quotes. One might make a good Table motto:
    "Where's the kaboom? There was suppose to be an Earth-shattering kaboom!"
    "This makes me very angry... Very angry, indeed."
    "Isn't that lovely?"

Lorrainne ~ It's really funny that you & Hooville used gold & silver in your RT submissions cuz I already assigned those degrees for something associated with each Table/Roster category & the "double use" didn't even occur to me when you submitted Blackwater for your Table's Order instead of a garment.... Since I'll be using the color black elsewhere (not gonna reveal it yet, lol), wanna change your mystical substance to a diff color or name?? - Yellowater? Blondewater? Amberwater? (Or are those too much like urine, LOL!!) ...maybe pyritewater? (Pyrite is also known as "fool's gold" because it is sometimes mistaken for gold but it can also sometimes lead miners to real gold.)
    If you wanna keep it as Blackwater, that's fine too, but I just wanted you to know that black (& brown) are going to be assigned to certain things for a new "bottom" Roster category.
    So, lemme know your decision.
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 06-21-18 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Typo

NW

I've been doing some research on unusual color names:

FLAME-OF-BURNT-BRANDY
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4466060B-DBDA-4254-962A-4EB5DFCB981B.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	45120
    As the dyeing industry developed in the 19th century and was able to produce more and more colors, dressmakers and designers were left to concoct a whole range of weird and wonderful names for the new colors at their disposal. Flame-of-burnt-brandy was just one of them, described in 1821 by one ladies magazine as a mixture of lavender grey, pale yellow, and dark lilac.

FALU

Name:	F98B4193-3DBC-4511-976D-81DB9E7CF406.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	45121
    Falun is a small city in central Sweden renowned for its copper mining industry. Since the mid-16th century (at least), all of the wooden homes, barns, outhouses and other buildings in and around Falun have been traditionally painted a deep rust-red color known as falu that is manufactured from the iron-rich waste materials left over from the mines.

VERDITER

Name:	5D7B9A44-3A96-4711-965A-63D86C9BA9C9.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	2.2 KB 
ID:	45123
    Verditer is both an old fashioned name for verdigris, the green rust-like discoloration of copper and brass, and the name of blue-green pigment dating from the 1500s. Its name, which is derived from the French verte-de-terre, or "green of the earth," is today used in the name of a bright turquoise songbird, the verditer flycatcher, which is native to the Himalayas.

I can't decide which I like better. Ahhhh! The first could go without the word 'water', but the other 2 sound pretty good with it.....

Falu Water
    Verditer Water. Both with the same description as Blackwater though.

Verditer Water sounds pretty good though after saying it several times.

I'm actually enjoying doing this research as I'm just sitting around waiting on that Oasis Pond to drop that turtle. 6 hour timer is gonna cause malaise for me. Not sure I want more walkers anyway.
    Last edited by meme1098; 06-21-18 at 02:43 PM.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Executive Chef
    Ok, maybe I need to let y'all in on something afterall cuz it might help y'all with colors n such, lol...

Something will be assigned to each Table & Roster category.
    That "something" will be made of the following materials:

Banquet Table = diamond/platinum (+Header color: purple)
    1st RT = ruby/gold (+Header color: currently blue, may change to shade of red)
    2nd RT = emerald/silver (+Header color: currently blue, may change to dark green)
    3rd RT = sapphire//bronze (+Header color: currently blue, may change to darker blue)
    4th RT = topaz/brass (+Header color: currently blue)
    Kiddie Table = rhinestone/plastic. (+Header color: orange
    (New category not yet revealed, lol) = granite/cast iron (+Header colors: black & brown)

...I'm saving other gems (garnet, turquoise, pearl, etc.) and metals/alloys (pewter, copper, tin, etc.) that rank on down the line for future RT additions.

....in the meantime, I'll add your new water names (& descriptions) to your Table, Lorrainne.

/off to prep dinner while waiting on Oasiswater, lol....

PS. I've been doing some painting in my house (just finished dining room in shade of grey called "Gravity") ...and now I want a "flame-of-burnt-brandy" room! lol - powder room or bedroom, maybe? lol

EDIT: Added list of gems/metals/header colors to list on page 40.
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 06-22-18 at 12:09 PM. Reason: +Header color additions & Edit notice

Rhino Keeper
    OMG you guys are really creative

I'm honoured to be part of 4th round table and could think only of suggestion for a mascot 'Garuda' which is mythological animal associated with Hindu and Buddist stories. Sorry still haven't mastered the art of posting pictures so please google it

There have already been some fantastic suggestions on names...
    Queendom of Cool 😊
    Proud member of ⚔️TSS⚔️ #️⃣6️⃣7️⃣

Rhino Keeper
    Sunny Squire ~ The categories above gold are usually platinum or diamond but I don't know about platinum or diamond animals, lol [plus, I'm using those 2 elsewhere for the Banquet Table (& gold, silver, etc etc etc on down the line lol); y'all just don't know about it yet. Muwahaha!] ....
    Purple is usually the regal color of royalty but I dunno about that for a Sigil animal either. I'm also not too sure about black for the Banquet Table (Black is already being used elsewhere; y'all also don't know about that yet, LOL!) ... so I'll add all the royal animals you listed but how about iridescent (like light seen through a prism or Swarovski crystal) or glow-in-the-dark? LOL ... or just pure white maybe on a purple banner background? (In LOTR, Gandolf the Grey was reborn as the stronger, wiser & head of the Order of Wizards as Gandolf the White. Black would be associated with Sauron the Dark Lord of Mordor (& not so good, lol).]
    But you tell me which color that you want listed with your royal animals (or I can list all options above+) --- lemme know which way ya wanna go.
    Purple is awesome. Should have thought of that with the regal connection. I was thinking black like cool and mysterious and not dark/evil, but purple and/or white/purple is great!
    Sunny Squire to the Grand Poobah
    ⚔ Proud Member of the Thuakie Sword Society! ⚔

Proud owner of this, engraved #1, 'Needle' Sword: ☀️ ={}=========>

Executive Chef
    Cool ~ Added (& linked) your cool idea for ya.

OK, Sunny ~ Glad ya like. Done.

...and added Honey Badger(x2) for Xenifar.
    Also, so far I've rec'd permission from 1/2 of the currently active 3rd RT members to submit some ideas for their Table if more don't come in by Tuesday. (I want us to vote soon so I can finalize our Roster.)

Executive Chef
    UPDATE: I've now rec'd By Proxy permission from 4 of the 6 active 3rd RT members (they're too swamped w/RL right now) so I've gone ahead & listed several more ideas for that Table (most were simply inspired by the number 3).
    I'm not waiting til Tuesday to post 'em since I now have majority permission.
    If anyone has any add'l ideas to add to the Suggestion List on pg 40 for their Round Table *OR* the Banquet/Kiddie Tables, get 'em in by Tuesday, which is now the submission deadline. I want to compose the ballot so we can start voting by the middle of the week cuz I'd really like to get the Roster completed & up in post #2 by next Sunday at the latest (the first day of July), and I need the final names to finish.

PS. I've also been asked to include who made which suggestions.
    I'm not sure why that's necessary since I already had each Table prefaced with "Submissions by:", to list all folks who turned in ideas for that Table. But now I've also included "[Submitter Name]" before each entry that person submitted.

FYI: We are not voting yet. Submissions may still come in til Tuesday.
    I'll give Notice when it's time to vote.
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 06-24-18 at 11:32 AM. Reason: FYI