Thread: ⚔Thuakie Sword Society⚔ (Castle Story)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Executive Chef

⚔TSS⚔ Induction Ceremony

{Moderators: Please keep this thread as a gathering place for the (currently) 81 Castle Story players who are a part of this club.}

Hear ye! Hear ye! Official call to order of the ⚔Thuakie Sword Society⚔ (⚔TSS⚔)!
    A place for us to meet & gab!

[Transferred from my wall, 2014] -------
    ⚔TSS⚔ Induction Ceremony in Knights' Hall. After-party hosted by Mr. Purple G!

*AFTER* a new Thuakian receives a sword/weapon, s/he is asked to take the Pledge, in order to become an inducted member of ⚔TSS⚔.

PLEDGE
    1. Do you (as 1 who signed up) accept membership into the ⚔TSS⚔ & agree to participate in its functions when possible?
    2. Do you agree to treat your unique Thuakie sword (&/or other Thuakie weapon) with respect & follow the Tao of Teotwawki & Teotu?
    3. Do you pledge to attend meetings whenever possible, support the club & its members, further its interests & contribute your share?

All Thuakians who agree to above & respond "I do", "I will" or its equivalent (here &/or on my wall in-game) will become an INDUCTED ⚔TSS⚔ member & receive the official pin.
    -------------

First order of business ...
    As part of your pledge into the ⚔TSS⚔, you are asked to follow the Tao of Teotwawki & Teotu.
    So, what is that, you may ask? The last two words are acronyms -
    TEOTWAWKI (pronounced Tay-oh-twa-ki): The End Of The World As We Know It
    {credit: TSS member #31 Ashville}
    TEOTU (pronounced Tay-oh-too): The End Of The Universe
    {credit: TSS member #24 RELIQUARY}
    The TAO of T&T are adjusted survivalist Zen concepts which have been adopted by the ⚔TSS⚔ and is also known as the Thuakian Constitition (lol) as outlined below:

TAO OF TEOTWAWKI & TEOTU
    ⚔TSS⚔ By-Laws which may undergo revisions &/or additions, by me or Thuakians' suggestions.

1. Thuakians unite! ... Always be ready to defend a fellow member in distress or need. Have each other's backs! No Thuakian-on-Thuakian backstabbing allowed.
    2. Show pride! ... Display, respect, and guard your Thuakie Sword/Weapon with your life! (i.e., please keep the presentation of your weapon from me on your wall, if possible ...and/or, as some have chosen to do: part of your forum signature)
    3. Practice! ... Your sword/weapon is heavy, lol; learn to use it correctly. Classes may be available from time to time. (ollie's job)
    4. Be like Yoda! ... Learn the language & terminology of Thuan and engage in Jedi mind tricks & mentality whenever suitable.
    5. Be non-secretly secretive! ... Only use the Thuakian symbol (⚔) & secret handshake with other inducted Thuakians.
    6. Be prepared! ... Stay stocked up on basics & supplies, for the inevitable quest or goal that will ask for everything in your storage cellar & then some.
    7. Be a mentor! ... Share goal/quest survival tips, tricks & info with anyone in need, Thuakians and Non-Thuakians alike, either in-game or on the forum.
    8. Inform! ... If you bug out (leave the game) for any extended period of time, try to leave behind a sign (post a note on your or others' walls). When you disappear with no warning, we will only assume you were abducted by aliens. Search parties may or may not be dispatched for your safe return.
    9. Party! ... Frivolity is always welcome & hosting your own wall party is strongly encouraged. Any holiday, occasion or theme is acceptable.
    10. Keep perspective! ... Have fun & don't sweat the small stuff. This is, after all, just a game -- and we are, after all, just a non-secret secret society club of CS addicts wielding emoji ASCII-art swords & weapons, lol.
    Sept '16 Additions:
    11. Respond to the call of your Captain! ... If no response is made (here or in-game) after several important TSS announcements are made on your game wall, you may be denoted in our Roster as Inactive.
    (An Example: Although Officers are designated solely by the Grand Poobah, new Round Table Openings are put to a Society vote and need your input! See #3 of The Pledge.)
    12. Call on your Captain whenever needed! ... Anyone can always send me a Private Message here on the forum, but it has its limitations & I may not see it in a timely manner.
    So, I have a level 1 kingdom that I recently made available as a place to have a more *real time* private 1-on-1 chat with me & this is how it works:
    If I need a private chat with you, I'll write "1-on-1 @ level 1" or something similar in code on your wall as a heads up to be on the lookout for an invite from my level 1 kingdom named "oceanside". If you need a private chat with me, let me know on *my* wall and then I'll generate an invite for you from oceanside. Once our private chat there has ended, I'll clear that wall & delete you from oceanside's neighbor list, so it can remain a private place for chatting 1-on-1 with others. Our main kingdom walls are too public & popular to discuss some private matters, so there is now another option to PM: Private Chat at oceanside.
    April '18 Additions:
    13. Be neighborly! ... Even with those who aren't your in-game neighbors.
    All active Thuakians are a part of the TSS Welcoming Committee, with the responsibility to welcome any new member(s) into our Society and to congratulate any existing Thuakians for any feats, including the adoption of new TSS titles. When notified, post a message in this thread &/or visit the new or honored Thuakian's kingdom and extend a secret handshake, sword salute, or other demonstration of welcome & acknowledgement. Thuakians recognize fellow Thuakians for their TSS induction as well as awards & accomplishments, whether TSS-related or not.
    14. Have Fun! Give FUn! ... There's fun and then there's FUn. Incorporate both when needed.
    {Privately ask Chief Beef or me for details about FUn.}
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 05-04-18 at 07:21 PM.