Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚔Thuakie Sword Society⚔ (Castle Story)

Rhino Keeper
    1) Nothing unclear so far.
    2) Royal Court
    3) Court Appointment, because it‘s a Royal Court ��.

As always, the desicion is yours.
    ⚔️#️⃣3️⃣4️⃣⚔️ ⚪️❎💎❎{🏥}=============>

Rhino Keeper
    My vote, oh noble leader, with humble thanks for the opportunity to provide input:
    1) As one of the original Thuakians, I have no jargon clarification needs (just please don’t make us take a test!!!)
    2) I think I am leaning toward Round Table of Courtiers
    3) Definitely like Court Appointment
    Duchess of Hooville 🔘❎🔷❎{🐗}=============>
    ⚔️⚔Proud Member (#30) of The Thuakie Sword Society⚔⚔️
    and Keeper of the Thuakie Dagger ⛔️❌{🐍}[#######>

Dilly Dally, cause that’s what I did. (Took the weekend off!)

1) still can’t think of anything yet
    2) I like courtiers with some configuration of round table
    3) Court Appointment
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Rhino Keeper
    1) I can't think of anything for the jargon.

2) I'm good with Round Table of Courtiers. I do have another suggestion to throw out. In the UK, the small group of advisers to work with the sovereign is the called the Privy Council. Now it's more of an honorary position, but for some time, the council members advised and worked closely with the King and it was a great honor to be on the council. So that might work for the current officers.

3) Court Appointment
    Sunny Squire to the Grand Poobah
    ⚔ Proud Member of the Thuakie Sword Society! ⚔

Proud owner of this, engraved #1, 'Needle' Sword: ☀️ ={}=========>

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl634 View Post
    1) I can't think of anything for the jargon.

2) I'm good with Round Table of Courtiers. I do have another suggestion to throw out. In the UK, the small group of advisers to work with the sovereign is the called the Privy Council. Now it's more of an honorary position, but for some time, the council members advised and worked closely with the King and it was a great honor to be on the council. So that might work for the current officers.

3) Court Appointment

Privy council actually sounds like a good idea, but I admit it made me laugh because where I’m from, privy is usually used with a very different meaning. (See definition below) But even the alternate meaning would be amusing in the TSS setting.

priv-y
    noun
    a toilet located in a small shed outside a house or other building; an outhouse.
    Last edited by PrincessCupOButter; 05-22-18 at 01:47 PM.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    Privy council actually sounds like a good idea, but I admit it made me laugh because where I’m from, privy is usually used with a very different meaning. (See definition below) But even the alternate meaning would be amusing in the TSS setting.
    Yes, it always makes me chuckle when I read privy council because I think of the other definition too. Hee Hee.

Also, saw this at Target this afternoon. If we needed TSS shirts then we need these:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7978 (2).jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	166.3 KB 
ID:	44520
    Sunny Squire to the Grand Poobah
    ⚔ Proud Member of the Thuakie Sword Society! ⚔

Proud owner of this, engraved #1, 'Needle' Sword: ☀️ ={}=========>

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl634 View Post
    Also, saw this at Target this afternoon. If we needed TSS shirts then we need these:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7978 (2).jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	166.3 KB 
ID:	44520
    Bwahahahahahahaha!!
    Proud Member of the ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔
    Wild of Wildwood🍄
    Magical Mystery Sword Engraved #️⃣5️⃣1️⃣
    🐛🐛🏵|☸️|💎===💎===💎===💎===>

Rhino Keeper
    *rustling in the underbrush*

Fearless Leader! I have escaped the Rabbit Hole that is the interwebs! *bits of twig and leaf stuck in my hair*

Here is what I wrote on my flamingo with the doorknob-

A Knight was actually the leader of a Knight Squad. A Squad included at least two horses for the knight, a few mounted Sgts-at-arms, a couple Squires, and a couple Valets.

Knights weren?t part of the Kings regular army. They were nobles who could choose to join up for money, glory, etc. Crusades, anyone?
    A Seargent-at Arms was a non-noble companion to the Knight. They had their own horses and generally got to hang out with Mr Metal Pants telling baudy jokes and drinking copious amounts of ale between battles. *buuurp* I?m pretty sure there?s no shortage of these in TSS. heh
    A Squire was basically a Knight?s assistant. He never went into battle, instead helped prepare the Knight. He took care of equipment, horses, and the Knight?s affairs.
    A Valet was an under-Squire of sorts. Young boy who got the crappy jobs the Squire didn?t want to do. General servant.
    Note Europeans didn?t take up a military hierarchy as we know it till centuries later.
    Note II Royal households had special offices including Seneschal (steward in charge of the estate), Master-of-the-Horse, Constable, to name a few.
    Note III Don?t forget the Yeomen (land-owning farmers), and the Peasants (the 98%).

Sincerely, your humble info-digger,

Wild of Wildwood
    Wild of Wildwood🍄
    🐛🐛🏵|☸️|💎===💎===💎===💎===>

Rhino Keeper
    Catching Up w Business That Occurred While I Was Down the Rabbit Hole

Alaskaland- Mmmm moose meat! Salmon, too?! Yes, please!

Bingo- Shrimp on the barbi! Awesome! Mexicorn dip...better bring two

Vol land- I am definitely making those beans! Beans and sugar...what else you need to know?

Hooville- Pies! I’m in Maine and I can personally swear to the supremacy of our blueberries.

Sunny- Publix ha! I looked it up, the nearest one is 650 miles south in Virginia. Boooooo!! Did you hear about the Publix that refused to write Cum (as in Summa Cum Laude) on a graduation cake? Seriously. Definitely red tater salad!

NW- Call me a purist but Ambrosia would be something entirely not even close to Ambrosia if there was coconut in it. Macaroons, yes. Ambrosia, no. Lingo- what’s up MOo and FUn? Also, I suggest Round Table of Commissioned Officers and Court Appointments. I 2nd wanting the backstory of the secret handshake. May I also suggest a page here for Best Tips, such as getting the drop you want (Lorrainne), how to set up a 2nd account, items to always leave on the board, etc.

Castledom- What is the German name of that yummy sounding rosemary bread? My father could translate a recipe for me.

Sophiaville- I’d love a new toss-it-together pasta salad recipe to try this summer when it too hot to cook anything. Armored bra! Haha!

Is that it? I think that’s it. Phew!
    Last edited by xtinem070672; 05-23-18 at 10:46 AM.
    Wild of Wildwood🍄
    🐛🐛🏵|☸️|💎===💎===💎===💎===>

Farm Supplier
    I gotta go get one of those tee shirts...luv it.