Page 39 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚔Thuakie Sword Society⚔ (Castle Story)

Executive Chef

~ Silly ⚔️Dilly Dilly⚔️ News ~

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post
    Greetings Thuakians! ~
    PS. OMG, I just saw a new Bud Light commercial last night, set on the beach. Anybody else see it yet?... I think it's the same guy being sent to the Pit of Misery again, but for a diff reason this time, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    I saw that commercial last night too. I wasn't paying very close attention but did see they were on the beach. Hopefully it'll be back on again soon.
    For those who haven't seen the new beach commercial, you can search it on YouTube now -- it's called Redemption (& yes, that's Sir Doug, who is out of the Pit of Misery...temporarily. lol)

Budweiser is one of the official sponsors of the 2018 FIFA World Cup, which starts this Thursday, June 14 and runs til July 15, in Russia.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2306.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	44932

So, be on the lookout for some new Bud Light Dilly Dilly commercials, especially during broadcasts of the matches! I hear we'll learn more about Sir Doug & one new commercial features a new fortune teller character:

Name:	IMG_2309.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	44933
    She has seen the future and it is Dilly. Dilly.
    LOL

PS & BTW -- You don't have to like Bud Light; you don't have to drink beer; you don't even have to drink alcohol at all, to laugh & find these commercials & the Dilly Dilly campaign to be funny.
    Personally, I couldn't even tell you the last time I drank a Bud Light (I'm a beer snob & not a fan of Budweiser beers cuz they give me a headache, lol)...but I luv their Clydesdale hitches and find this silly Dilliness to be HILARIOUS!

PPS. OMG, y'all... do a google search of the song "Lavender Blue" by Sammy Turner.
    The lyrics! LOL

Lavender blue
    Dilly-dilly
    Lavender green
    If I were king
    Dilly-dilly
    I'd need a queen

Whoa-oh, who told me so
    Dilly-dilly
    Who told me so
    I told myself
    Dilly-dilly
    I told me so

If your dilly-dilly heart
    Feels a dilly-dilly way
    If you'll answer yes
    In a pretty little church
    On a dilly-dilly day
    You'll be wed in a dilly-dilly dress of

Lavender blue
    Dilly-dilly
    Lavender green
    Then I'll be king
    Dilly-dilly
    You'll be my queen

Then I'll be king
    Dilly-dilly
    You'll be my queen

(Lavender blue, dilly-dilly)
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 06-10-18 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Add song, lol

I'll have to check that song out...it sounds familiar...lol.

P.S. yes...I remember that one now.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Rhino Keeper
    I may have to start watching commercials again...and quit zipping through them on my remote. ⚔️Dilly Dilly⚔️
    ⚔Humble and Proud Servant #4⃣1⃣ of Thuakie Sword Society{⚔}==========>

Farm Supplier
    I used to love that silly silly dilly dilly song⚔

Executive Chef
    LOL!! ... I'm learning all kinds of stuff on this lazy Sunday...
    I was gonna say to Lorrainne and Hamalot that Sammy Turner was before my time & I don't remember that song.
    Y'all might recall it from childhood but I don't. Sammy Turner didn't write it in the 1950's either. Turns out, it's way before ANY of our time, lol ... Wikipedia says, "Lavender's Blue" (sometimes called "Lavender Blue") is an English folk song and nursery rhyme dating to the 17th century.
    There are as many as thirty verses to the song, and many variations of each verse. A typical version, described by James Halliwell in 1849, is:

Lavender's blue, dilly dilly, lavender's green,
    When I am king, dilly dilly, you shall be queen:
    Who told you so, dilly dilly, who told you so?
    'Twas mine own heart, dilly dilly, that told me so.
    Call up your men, dilly dilly, set them to work,
    Some with a rake, dilly dilly, some with a fork;
    Some to make hay, dilly dilly, some to thresh corn,
    Whilst you and I, dilly dilly, keep ourselves warm.
    If you should die, dilly dilly, as it may hap,
    You shall be buried, dilly dilly, under the tap;
    Who told you so, dilly dilly, pray tell me why?
    That you might drink, dilly dilly, when you are dry.

Name:	IMG_2310.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	44937
    It was also featured in Disney's 2015 Cinderella film with slightly different lyrics:
    Lavender's blue,
    Dilly dilly,
    Lavenders green.

When I am King,
    Dilly dilly,
    You shall be Queen.

Who told you so,
    Dilly dilly,
    Who told you so?

T'was my own heart,
    Dilly dilly,
    That told me so.

Call up your men,
    Dilly dilly,
    Set them to work.

Some to the plow,
    Dilly dilly,
    Some to the fork.

Some to make hay,
    Dilly dilly,
    Some to cut corn.

While you and I,
    Dilly dilly,
    Keep ourselves warm.

Lavender's green,
    Dilly dilly,
    Lavender's blue.

If you love me,
    Dilly dilly,
    I will love you.

Let the birds sing,
    Dilly dilly,
    Let the lambs play.

We shall be safe,
    Dilly dilly,
    Out of harms way.

I love to dance,
    Dilly dilly,
    I love to sing.

When I am Queen,
    Dilly dilly,
    You'll be my King.

Who told me so,
    Dilly dilly,
    Who told me so?

I told myself,
    Dilly dilly,
    I told me so.

Sooooo..... Bud Light didn't invent Dilly Dilly *afterall*; it's from an old English NURSERY RHYME! LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by xtinem070672 View Post
    Lavender Blue, Dilly Dilly...
    OMG! I *get* it now, Wildwood!! Lol, I swear I've never heard this song before, lol.
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 06-10-18 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Add Wildwood's quote lol

Executive Chef
    Dilly dilly , I will have to go watch it

Rhino Keeper
    All this talk of Dilly Dilly is making me yearn for that old childhood treat...a Dairy Queen Dilly Bar!
    Duchess of Hooville 🔘❎🔷❎{🐗}=============>
    ⚔️⚔Proud Member (#30) of The Thuakie Sword Society⚔⚔️
    and Keeper of the Thuakie Dagger ⛔️❌{🐍}[#######>

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post
    OMG! I *get* it now, Wildwood!! Lol, I swear I've never heard this song before, lol.
    Honestly, some people...*eye roll* lol

I grew up listening to the Burl Ives version from the 1949 Disney movie So Dear To My Heart on my grandparent’s hifi. I thought he was singing about faeries bc even at 5 years old I *knew* the color lavender was magic! *wink*

And Holy Knuckleballs!! freakin Michael Jackson did a funk version?!? Ok, my fav childhood song plus The Seventies plus Lil’ Michael Jackson all swirled together equals Disco Ball Deeeelite! lol

https://youtu.be/vmHydbIFad0
    Last edited by xtinem070672; 06-10-18 at 04:25 PM.
    Proud Member of the ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔
    Wild of Wildwood🍄
    Magical Mystery Sword Engraved #️⃣5️⃣1️⃣
    🐛🐛🏵|☸️|💎===💎===💎===💎===>

Executive Chef
    ⚔DILLY DILLY⚔

BITS & PIECES, HERE & THERE to share...

MEMORIES
    The phrase Dilly-Dilly is much older than we all imagined. When NW printed the words of the lullaby "Lavender Blue" forgotten memories returned of grandma singing her favorite lullaby to us small kids. Having so many verses it was a 'fairy tale' we listened to waiting for the next verse. The music being soft and sweet, relaxing and repetitive and sleep was garanteed. Reading more on Dilly Dilly, I collected some bits & pieces, here & there to share.

What does the recent year's phrase 'dilly dilly', which has been used and abused by Budweiser ads and campaigns mean? The ads set in medieval times, feature the phrase 'Dilly Dilly' and used repeatedly as *catchphrase* alternative to the modern drinking term 'cheers!' So what does 'Dilly Dilly' actually mean, and where does it originate?

'DILLY' ORIGINS
    (American English)
    1700s: name of a coach or carriage. It's meaning was extended over time to include carts, trucks and even railway engines. But as the use of horses-drawn carriages died away, so did this word.
    1818: slang for a stagecoach (from French carrosse de diligence)
    1909: related to the nursery word for "duck"
    1930-35: from the first syllables of the words 'delightful' or 'delicious'
    (Australia)
    19th century: 'dilly' was used to mean daft or silly.

DILLY DILLY NURSERY RHYME
    That nursery rhyme ended up in a 1949 Disney film called So Dear To My Heart (with the strapline 'A dilly dilly delight!'). More importantly, though, the song inspired the excellent 1985 power ballad Lavender by Marillion.

The only place 'Dilly Dilly' has been used in history is in the sweet nursery rhyme Lavender's Blue, dating back to the 17th century, but the innocent nursery rhyme itself did not always have 'dilly dilly' in it's lyrics. Originally, back before the 1600s, the phrase was actually 'diddle diddle' as in the nursery rhyme 'Hey Diddle Diddle the Cat and the Fiddle'.
    As 'diddle diddle' had an 'unrefined' meaning in North America it was changed to 'dilly dilly' when became a song for all ages.

DILLY DILLY FLOWER
    Dilly Dilly Lavender is a spherical shrub packed with highly fragrant violet-blue flower spikes. Used as cut flowers and crafts. Shrubs as perennial beds and walkway borders. A hardy, easy to grow variety, 'Dilly Dilly' tolerates heat, drought, and poor, dry soils. Attracts pollinators and repels deer.

RECENT DILLY DILLY NEWS
    The Masters (golf tournament) is known for being a classy event, which is why 'ragamuffin' phrases like "Dilly Dilly" have been banned. According to the report, any person heard yelling the phrase will be "removed immediately."
    Security was handed a list of banned phrases. Dilly Dilly apparently made the cut.
    Dilly Dilly became a 'viral' sensation late last year after it became popular from Bud Light commercials. It morphed into a life of its own, with T-shirts and other memorabilia created to reflect the phrase.
    Now Bud Light has heard of the reported ban and released a statement saying it will "make 1,000 Dilly Dilly shirts that shall be delivered to Georgia in time for the festivities."

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	44977
    "For if thou cannot say Dilly Dilly, thou can still wear Dilly Dilly," the statement reads.

Thus 'Dilly Dilly' has become a phrase that shows "approval" of an action. It also can be used as a sort of "cheer". Always used in response to a sentence spoke by another first.

In conclusion, 'dilly' was a real word, but the phrase 'dilly dilly' has no relation to it. You can just use it for fun, to laugh, a greeting and cheer.. it's fun!

⚔DILLY DILLY⚔
    Last edited by MoonVillage3; 06-12-18 at 03:41 PM.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Executive Chef

Name Suggestions Requested

Thanks for indulging me with my Dilly Dilly silliness, y'all.. & great post, Moon! Thanks for the bits & pieces! I will probably link your post in the entry for Dilly Dilly in our upcoming Lexicon.
    Thanks, too, for the posting of the proclamation in response to The Masters. Being a resident of Georgia, it's all the news around these parts, lol.

Now for a tidbit of TSS business:
    Work on our Roster is coming along (I hit a little snag while renaming Officers with some Thuakians behind the scenes). But during a recent brainstorming session, I also came up with a couple of additional ideas that need everyone's input.

1) An overall major heading/name for our Round Tables as a whole is set.
    But now EACH Round Table needs a unique name to describe that Table's members. (You are naming WHO is sitting at your table, along the lines of the infamous "Knights of the Round Table".) Thuakians of each Table are invited to make suggestions for their Table's name (either preceding or following the words "Round Table") to vote on soon amongst other members of their Table.
    The following list of names are not on any Round Table's upcoming voting poll. They're just examples, ideas & possibilities for Round Table Names, to give y'all an idea of what I'm talking about, to fill in the blanks of one of the options below.
    (#) Round Table of _____ ...or... _____ of The (#) Round Table:
    - True Friends of the Crown (taken from Bud Light commercials)
    - Bosom Buddies
    - Kindred Spirits
    - Best Mates
    - Boon Companions
    - Chiks & Diks
    - Blokes & Damsels
    - Brothers & Sisters in Arms
    - Dudes & Dudettes
    (Names unavailable for use are Lords & Ladies and Lads & Lasses, for these forms of address will be used elsewhere.)
    Make your suggestion for a full silly & unique Name for *your* Round Table!

2) Also, suggest an ORDER name for *your* Round Table (something funny, not the name of a real Order & preferably an undergarment or funny piece of clothing).
    Here are some examples:
    - The Order of the Garter Belt (The Order of The Garter is a real chivalry order in England & the UK and not usable.)
    - Order of The Corset
    - ...The Knickers
    - ...The Tightie-Whities

3) The former "Officers" will have a new Name & sit at the head Banquet Table (like the Banquet Dilly Dilly commercial).
    ALL Thuakians can make a suggestion for an Order name for this Table!
    Examples/Suggestions:
    Order of The Paper Crown
    Order of the Tinfoil Hats

4) ALL Thuakians can also suggest an Order name for the upcoming new group of prospects & squires (which will be sitting at a Kiddie Table).
    Examples/Suggestions
    Order of The Training Bra
    Order of The Diaper

To recap:
    Post your suggestions here, on my wall or via PM for names of any or all of:
    1) The Order for the Banquet Table (formerly, "Officers")
    2) The members seated at *your* Round Table
    3) The Order of *your* Round Table
    4) The Order for the Kiddie Table of Prospects

Put on your thinking caps & send me some options for the ballots.
    Voting for all of these will occur after sufficient suggestions are gathered.

ETA: If you wanna work behind the scenes with your Round Table, that's fine... to see currently active members of your RT, go to the next page & down 2 posts.
    (But I'd still like suggestions from everyone for the Order Names of the Banquet & Kiddie Tables.)
    I'm also going to keep a list of suggestions received in that post (#392).

ETA2: Now also taking suggestions for a mascot (animal &/or symbol) which will double as a sigil on the banner for:
    1) The Banquet Table
    2) YOUR Round Table
    3) The Kiddie Table
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 06-14-18 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Clarifications